House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Air fryer (best budget buy)

I've had a self imposed hiatus from the forum, what with the whole Trump thing.

Bit burnt out from constantly trolling The Guardian fb page tbh. Insanity isn't an over reaction. Anyway, I'm looking to buy an air fryer, it will only be used from time for chips, maybe chicken, nothing fancy.

There's a good choice of cheapo's but the reviews can be concerning. Looking to spend up to £80ish.

Anyway recommendations please ? 

OK, I'm happy to be the sacrificial lamb.

WTF is an "air fryer"...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

airwave-low-fat-air-fryer-t14001-by-towe

These can be used as an air fryer. We have one, and use it all the time. We have a Salter one for about £40. Lasts ages.

They won't last forever, you can get a spare bulb from ebay for about £20, or replace the whole thing.

It's a good augment to a microwave, because the taste is better. There's also a timer so you can go away and do something else, like post on the HPC off topic forum.

33 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

OK, I'm happy to be the sacrificial lamb.

WTF is an "air fryer"...?

XYY

LOL. I have no idea what an air fryer is either. 

Im like you. Fry the chips in beef dripping ?

1 hour ago, 200p said:

airwave-low-fat-air-fryer-t14001-by-towe

These can be used as an air fryer. We have one, and use it all the time. We have a Salter one for about £40. Lasts ages.

They won't last forever, you can get a spare bulb from ebay for about £20, or replace the whole thing.

It's a good augment to a microwave, because the taste is better. There's also a timer so you can go away and do something else, like post on the HPC off topic forum.

We have one of these too.  Good for meat, pizzas etc - but rubbish for any vegetable dishes. It'll take no less time than a conventional oven for veggies - perhaps longer actually. 

Are you lot for real...?

Another pointless gadget that you don't actually need that will end-up in the kitchen cupboard next to the juicer, the rice-cooker. the smoothie-maker and the Breville toastie-maker.

I'm figuring this shit out for myself - and I'm from friggin' Hartlepool..!

What precisely is wrong in the head with you lot...?

XYY

My mums still got her chip fat fryer - one false move and the inheritance has gone!

There are:

Oven chips.

Chip shop chips.

Mums chips from the chip pan.

Mums chips are the best. Mainly because she'll make them when we get back from the pub.

Its great. Me + brothers ring her to make sure shes awake and tell her we're coming back and can we have chips.

My gf has gone all healthy. They use a very small amount of oil and some types have a rotating bowl which is heated from bellow and above from a halogen bulb.

I'm almost set on this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VDF105-Halo-Health-Fryer/dp/B00KIO2LC8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1486933763&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Breville+VDF105+Halo+Plus+Health+Frye

Thanks for the links btw. 

1 minute ago, Ill_handle_it said:

My gf has gone all healthy. They use a very small amount of oil and some types have a rotating bowl which is heat from bellow and above from a halogen bulb.

I'm almost set on this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VDF105-Halo-Health-Fryer/dp/B00KIO2LC8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1486933763&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Breville+VDF105+Halo+Plus+Health+Frye

Thanks for the links btw. 

That comes up on Amazon lightning deals about once a month for as little as £45. Considering that they have a lot of electric kitchen stuff on deals today you have either just missed it or it is about to show up in the next day or two.

3 minutes ago, spyguy said:

My mums still got her chip fat fryer - one false move and the inheritance has gone!

There are:

Oven chips.

Chip shop chips.

Mums chips from the chip pan.

Mums chips are the best. Mainly because she'll make them when we get back from the pub.

Its great. Me + brothers ring her to make sure shes awake and tell her we're coming back and can we have chips.

Is this an advert for McCain Oven Chips, 40% less fat!..?

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That comes up on Amazon lightning deals about once a month for as little as £45. Considering that they have a lot of electric kitchen stuff on deals today you have either just missed it or it is about to show up in the next day or two.

Thanks I'll hang on a bit.

3 minutes ago, Ill_handle_it said:

Thanks I'll hang on a bit.

The daily deal changes at 12.01ish every night - sometimes a few minutes later. If something is really good it can sell out in the hour. No idea about this.

The lightning deals seem to change randomly sometime each morning between midnight and around 8.30 so you need to keep checking.

It seems that a lot of you biffs are still taking this "air-fryer" product seriously.

It is total shite, and there is no place for this crap in your life.

This thread needs to die now, and die quickly...

XYY

9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

It seems that a lot of you biffs are still taking this "air-fryer" product seriously.

It is total shite, and there is no place for this crap in your life.

This thread needs to die now, and die quickly...

XYY

It is rumoured that food from air fryer's turn you into a lover of the libtard mentality.

I nearly bought a bread maker,table top oven, George Forman what's it, smoothie maker, toastie sandwich maker.

In the end I settled for a few bottles of single malts.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

It is rumoured that food from air fryer's turn you into a lover of the libtard mentality.

Oh, I didn't realise that was the case..!

I've just ordered a gross - to sell to our Commonwealth chums after we Brexit...

;)

XYY