House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Obituary for physically abusive husband and father

Could start a trend in a new kind of obituary. This is from his family but, as the laws of libel do not protect the dead, there is nothing stopping anyone writing about a deceased person even if their familt is still alive.

Why should you pretend to like dead people, when they were sh1t when alive?

A friends Dad is going to die in prison.

My friend more or less lived at our house til he went in care. His dad basically beat sjit out of him and p1ssed away the social. Local pubs banned him as the kids were not being fed.

Friends sisters raised a fiddling case. He got 20 years at 70.

Lots of parents use their kids.

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

A friends Dad is going to die in prison.

My friend more or less lived at our house til he went in care. His dad basically beat sjit out of him and p1ssed away the social. Local pubs banned him as the kids were not being fed.

Friends sisters raised a fiddling case. He got 20 years at 70.

Lots of parents use their kids.

Let us hope that you and I  are a better person than that. I've never been "nasty".

1 hour ago, AThirdWay said:

More and more I see honesty coming out in obituaries. The rise of humanist 'ceremonies' at funerals seems to give families that freedom.

Been to a funeral when the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in the eye of the beholder has come out, confirmation.....enlightening.;)

13 minutes ago, winkie said:

Been to a funeral when the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in the eye of the beholder has come out, confirmation.....enlightening.;)

Been to too many funerals recently Winks. One day it will be my turn! I really hope people will say "F8ck me", the dorty bastad!:o

38 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Been to too many funerals recently Winks. One day it will be my turn! I really hope people will say "F8ck me", the dorty bastad!:o

Thanks for that Winks. Just my sort of jazz. I'm really not XYY in real life.:o

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Thanks for that Winks. Just my sort of jazz. I'm really not XYY in real life.:o

I'm not really XYY either Pinny.

But I've shagged his wife a few times...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Yes I find it refreshing that the deceaseds family are being honest about their relative. 

Your funeral is probably the only time when everyone gushes about how great, lovely etc you are!

56 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes I find it refreshing that the deceased's family are being honest about their relative. 

Assuming that they're telling the truth.

24 minutes ago, Goat said:

Assuming that they're telling the truth.

At the end of the day I don't suppose it really matters what people say when you're dead. But yes they could be lying because they're too stingy to pay for a funeral for the geezer!

2 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes I find it refreshing that the deceaseds family are being honest about their relative. 

Your funeral is probably the only time when everyone gushes about how great, lovely etc you are!

My father's funeral is on Thursday.

Me and many other family-members will no-doubt wax-lyrical about how marvelous he was - because that is what you do at funerals.

We all know what a stubborn old cünt he could be at times - but we will all choose to be very selective with our memories on Thursday. At least until me auntie Mavis dances on the table with her tits hanging-out...! ;)

And as his son, it falls on me to be among the most hypocritical of all at this gathering. It's fair to say that our relationship has never been easy.

But I will not behave in any way that will let him, nor the family down, on Thursday.

And my dad will get the send-off he deserves.

Anything we had to say to each other was said while he was alive - though there were many years where we did not speak to each-other at all.

The folk who posted the honest obituary have my sincere understanding and best wishes - and I hope they can find some peace following their ordeal.

Thankfully, all of me and my father's differences were settled a while back - and I am delighted to be playing the role of chief-hypocrite come Thursday afternoon...

XYY

Never had a speech at any famaily member end Dos.

Just sort out some photos and transport arrangement for the elderly and too p1ssed.

And the food.

Fck!

'XYZ had top quality ham at his do. Weve got to do  better.

Can I not just get some pork pies and put some cheese on sticks?

Arguments ...

Fckit. Ill just put 500 behind the bar and get some spirits smuggled in.

As long as people go home pissed and fed, itll be OK.

24 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

My father's funeral is on Thursday.

Me and many other family-members will no-doubt wax-lyrical about how marvelous he was - because that is what you do at funerals.

We all know what a stubborn old cünt he could be at times - but we will all choose to be very selective with our memories on Thursday. At least until me auntie Mavis dances on the table with her tits hanging-out...! ;)

And as his son, it falls on me to be among the most hypocritical of all at this gathering. It's fair to say that our relationship has never been easy.

But I will not behave in any way that will let him, nor the family down, on Thursday.

And my dad will get the send-off he deserves.

Anything we had to say to each other was said while he was alive - though there were many years where we did not speak to each-other at all.

The folk who posted the honest obituary have my sincere understanding and best wishes - and I hope they can find some peace following their ordeal.

Thankfully, all of me and my father's differences were settled a while back - and I am delighted to be playing the role of chief-hypocrite come Thursday afternoon...

XYY

I'm sorry for your loss.

My mother died unexpectedly 8 years ago and then my father 53 days later but that was unsurprising.

Being the eldest of three daughters I spoke at both their funerals. I found it easy to do and just said what everyone wanted to hear. I didn't hate my parents and they weren't cruel to me I just wasn't close to them like my siblings were. Just one of those things!

Im sure you'll give your old man a good send off. My late fathers hearse stopped outside his village pub for a whiskey toast from one of his drinking chums. I imagined an arm with a grasping hand emerging from the coffin to grab the glass of whiskey ?

Edited to add:- If I'd known I was going to be landed with his funeral bill he would not have got his whiskey toast outside the village pub and a final trip round the village. I'd have sent him straight to the crematorium with no fanfare!

16 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

My mother died unexpectedly 8 years ago and then my father 53 days later but that was unsurprising.

Being the eldest of three daughters I spoke at both their funerals. I found it easy to do and just said what everyone wanted to hear. I didn't hate my parents and they weren't cruel to me I just wasn't close to them like my siblings were. Just one of those things!

Im sure you'll give your old man a good send off. My late fathers hearse stopped outside his village pub for a whiskey toast from one of his drinking chums. I imagined an arm with a grasping hand emerging from the coffin to grab the glass of whiskey ?

You can count on it Miss/Mrs/Ms Exile. 

We will be celebrating a life on Thursday - and from very humble beginnings, me dad certainly carved himself one..!

:)

XYY

In many detective stories, you can gauge a great deal from the reactions to the death from those most close to the deceased. Perhaps, to guess at motives.

There's a great Poirot story where he interviews everyone left behind (in one room, at the same time) and everyone is glad to see the back of the deceased; nobody has a good word to say about them.

To paraphrase:

"Did anyone have a grudge against the deceased?"
"Yes. Everyone."

It's funny because we seem to immortalise people who die; to pay "respect", to "see only the good points" (and if there weren't many, to try to draw out the ones that can be identified).

When someone is that vile and hateful, and there just isn't much if anything that can be identified, there's no point trying to invent stuff.

My sil had an mean father. Growing up, her family sat at the dining table for meals but no conversation. Ever. He was always moaning, never a kind word etc. Dumb as a box of rocks.

I wasn't at his funeral but sil was at my mothers about 3 years later, same crem. sil was sobbing her eyes out. Obviously not for my ma, she was missing her waste of space dad.