House Price Crash Forum

BMA: Calling a pregnant woman an “Expectant mother” is offensive to trans people

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

F'uck 'em

mother
ˈmʌðə/
noun

1. 1.
    a woman in relation to her child or children.
    "she returned to Bristol to nurse her ageing mother"
    synonyms: female parent, materfamilias, matriarch; More

•  

•  

•  

•  

2. 2.
    (especially as a title or form of address) the head of a female religious community.

verb

1. 1.
    bring up (a child) with care and affection.
    "the art of mothering"
    •  

2. 2.
    dated
    give birth to.
    "her declining years had tricked her into believing she'd mothered another son of God"
    synonyms: give birth to, have, deliver, bear, produce, bring forth; More

HOLA444

If I were pregnant I would find it offensive to be called anything other that an expectant mother. 

this is a weird one. The usual is that a certain group in society does not wish to be labelled xyz. Fine, I'm ok with this but to say that one group does not want another group to be called abc is frankly undermining the second group and as such offensive in itself 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

This story is overblown.  The BMA report more or less says that if you're a medic and you've got a person in front of you that clearly looks masculine (ie trans), but is clearly pregnant / being seen because of pregnancy, call them a pregnant / expectant person. That seems eminently sensible.

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

This story is overblown.  The BMA report more or less says that if you're a medic and you've got a person in front of you that clearly looks masculine (ie trans), but is clearly pregnant / being seen because of pregnancy, call them a pregnant / expectant person. That seems eminently sensible.

The pregnant person in front of you, or me, or anybody else on this planet is a woman.

When the child is born, she becomes a mother. Until such time, she is an expectant mother.

There are no exceptions to those facts.

Her hormone-induced beard, silicon "six-pack" implants, and the fourteen-inch strap-on jack packing heat in her Y-fronts make no difference whatsoever.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4412
10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

The pregnant person in front of you, or me, or anybody else on this planet is a woman.

When the child is born, she becomes a mother. Until such time, she is an expectant mother.

Her hormone-induced beard, silicon "six-pack" implants, and the fourteen-inch strap-on jack packing heat in her Y-fronts make no difference whatsoever.

XYY

Well put. I agree. It's a no brainier IMO.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

They're not even suggesting that they call the person a man, just a person.  It is a simple way to keep a reasonable doctor-patient relationship, rather than starting off by saying things that the patient would find difficult (even if they might be true).  

HOLA4415
3 minutes ago, dgul said:

They're not even suggesting that they call the person a man, just a person.  It is a simple way to keep a reasonable doctor-patient relationship, rather than starting off by saying things that the patient would find difficult (even if they might be true).  

I get that dgul - but it all seems so unnecessary.

And in my mind, ever so slightly delusional.

That the previously non-delusional people have to change their language, and play-along with the whole charade, is the bit that eventually makes us all nutters - whether we were originally mental or not...!

Like it or not, I was born a man. And for most of my life that kept things simple.

I piss standing-up, can reverse-park a car with consummate ease, and I fully understand the off-side rule.

There are but two sexes - and trying to invent a few more to placate people with mental issues will not change that fact. 

XYY

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Going back to this "Global capital" Vs "Landowning Elite" battle for the running of the Earth:

Now if we add in the "snowflake" phenomenon we have some more clarity.

If every person had to be treated by business specially, it would cost a lot for the business to accommodate, especially for the landowners. If the number of snowflakes is infinite, you could theoretically have to have a different toilet for every snowflake. I.e. White, Christian, Black, Atheist, Blue, Trans, Male, Female, Protestant, Catholic, Fat person, Thin Person, Goth, Emo, Steam Punk, Jedi, Viking etc And due the nature of the snowflake, is that if they don't get protected or segregated, they can get hurt and offended, and will sue for discrimination. See how the British Medical Association are recommending doctors to avoid using the term "Expectant Mother". But I still expect the first £1m payout by the NHS to someone in the future because someone was not accommodated.

Do one set of elites want to go down this path? For the landowners, I think not. For the Global capital group, it won't matter as they can readjust websites at a click of a mouse to accommodate people.

matrix_reloaded_doors.png

^Er excuse me, but which toilet is for "The one", please?

HOLA4418
7 hours ago, dgul said:

I'm obviously missing something here but isn't a womb needed to become pregnant? How would the above scenario work biologically? 

HOLA4419

^A woman that identifies as a man.

Or a woman that identifies as Agender etc.

----

... The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Facebook introduced dozens of options for users to identify their gender today - and although the social media giant said it would not be releasing a comprehensive list, ABC News has found at least 58 so far.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

^Global capital can accommodate at a click of a mouse button. But as a landowning elite, can you?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This is a sign that we are actually becoming more intolerant as a race. With the internet, we can have a very high resolution of classifications. A spade was just a spade, but now it can be a carbon fibre solar powered pink spade.

---

Let's assume you were XXXXXgender, and a doctor said, congratulations, you are an expectant mother.

Now it is not obvious to the outside world you are XXXXXgender.

You can now take offence and make the doctor awkward by stating you mis-gendered me, and that is the heinous crime, and make the doctor apologise. Or even take it further.

Or you can smile, and say, I'm XXXXXgender, do you need to treat me differently, medically?

---

The other issue with the BMA advice, is that if you called a masculine looking woman "expectant person", but really, she was a woman, she would also take a offence for pseudo mis-gendering. Especially, if she heard the doctor saying to the next patient, "expectant mother" because she looked more feminine! You'd have to call everyone the same thing in order not to cause offence.

HOLA4422
21 minutes ago, 200p said:

^A woman that identifies as a man.

Or a woman that identifies as Agender etc.

----

... The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Facebook introduced dozens of options for users to identify their gender today - and although the social media giant said it would not be releasing a comprehensive list, ABC News has found at least 58 so far.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

^Global capital can accommodate at a click of a mouse button. But as a landowning elite, can you?

I couldn't find myself on that list. I identify as male.  Why should I take on a different label to suit someone else? 

For me, if I've wanted to be non-gender specific - I've simply used they, person/people or you. 

HOLA4423
59 minutes ago, 200p said:

This is a sign that we are actually becoming more intolerant as a race. With the internet, we can have a very high resolution of classifications. A spade was just a spade, but now it can be a carbon fibre solar powered pink spade.

---

Let's assume you were XXXXXgender, and a doctor said, congratulations, you are an expectant mother.

Now it is not obvious to the outside world you are XXXXXgender.

You can now take offence and make the doctor awkward by stating you mis-gendered me, and that is the heinous crime, and make the doctor apologise. Or even take it further.

Or you can smile, and say, I'm XXXXXgender, do you need to treat me differently, medically?

---

The other issue with the BMA advice, is that if you called a masculine looking woman "expectant person", but really, she was a woman, she would also take a offence for pseudo mis-gendering. Especially, if she heard the doctor saying to the next patient, "expectant mother" because she looked more feminine! You'd have to call everyone the same thing in order not to cause offence.

But this is exactly where the sjw special snowflake falls apart.  There are two things being conflated here; sex and gender.  Gender is a social construct and so an individual can choose to identify as anything they want.

sex is biological, you are born with the bits and pieces and these can only be changed through surgery, so not as simple to do and it does not change really your biological categorisation. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived