House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

What about Gina Miller

So, she and her accomplices tried to scupper the peoples referendum, banking on a parliament mostly opposed to Brexit.

After spending who knows what on lawyers she wins.

Parliament holds her debate...............and votes for Brexit.

19 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Despite her best efforts to derail the UK's withdrawal from the European Union, I have to admit, I would.

I would - 15 years ago.

She comes across was a loon with a mission.

Im not even sure its her mission.

I dont think her life story would bear much scrutiny.

Im not some loon Brexit either. Just if you are going to get someone to do this sort of stuff youd beeter check them out first.

This is a good summary:

wile-e-coyote.jpg

Lefty anti-democratic toy thrower goes to court to get her own way - the adult equivalent of "I'll scweam and scweam and make mythelf thick" - and wins with the result being that 1) the SNP are firmly shut out of the process, 2) the Labour party are monumentally effed and 3) the Tories look more united than they have in 30 years. 

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

At first I thought she was just another metropolitan elite, but then I heard she felt physically sick on the referendum night - yup loon.

Quite possible brexit will how be quicker and "harder" thanks to her efforts since had there not been a commons vote remoaners would have been ably to harp on about the legitimacy (or lack of) of it. Now its cut and dried - parliamentary approval by a massive majority.

20 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Quite possible brexit will how be quicker and "harder" thanks to her efforts since had there not been a commons vote remoaners would have been ably to harp on about the legitimacy (or lack of) of it. Now its cut and dried - parliamentary approval by a massive majority.

Should we elect her to the status of accidental heroine of Brexit along with Bob Geldof and Eddie Izzard?

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Should we elect her to the status of accidental heroine of Brexit along with Bob Geldof and Eddie Izzard?

I'll second your nomination.

Bob, Eddie and Gina. What a threesome!

I'm still surprised that a Guyanan woman,living in France,and allegedly bankrolled by a Hungarian-American,could take this up in a British court.

5 minutes ago, jay67 said:

I'm still surprised that a Guyanan woman,living in France,and allegedly bankrolled by a Hungarian-American,could take this up in a British court.

Well apparently we're all the same now and anything goes. I'm not surprised but I think it's appalling that this situation can arise. Money talks but it didn't work this time!

It struck me that an explanation for the "snowflakeyness" of a lot of these people is down to being shielded from real life ups and downs by way of the easy availability of cheap creadit. When life has a little hiccup they just load up on debt. Spend like a loon...oops...borrow some more. Real life didn't used to be like this. You made a mistake or life threw you a curve ball and you had to rethink your position, devise some kind of a plan.

Oops still haven't g ot the hang of posting, got cut off half way but then...i think thats probably best as i am starting to enter rant mode. And probably irrelevant mode too heh.

9 hours ago, Byron said:

So, the question is

Who paid Gina?

Was she just a front for politicians etc?

Theres a lot of of people whove took umbrage at Brexit. These people are less the elite, more layer on layer of civilservants and the like. Disconnected from having to compete and the crap average joes put up with. Keen on markrts and vompetition but want a public sector job. keen on migraton providing they dont live near roma etc etc.

I voted remain,with an eye to changing eu.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, TheBlueCat said:

Lefty anti-democratic toy thrower goes to court to get her own way - the adult equivalent of "I'll scweam and scweam and make mythelf thick" - and wins with the result being that 1) the SNP are firmly shut out of the process, 2) the Labour party are monumentally effed and 3) the Tories look more united than they have in 30 years. 

It's not "anti-democratic" to force the government to obey the law and get Parliament's approval where it is legally required. May wanted to illegally trigger Article 50 via "Royal Prerogative". Does that sound like a democratic process to you? You might not like particular laws but it is better for all of us to live in an orderly country with rule of law.

This whole mess was left by Cameron not including a mechanism to trigger Article 50 in his referendum bill. Hard to know if that was done intentionally to give some wiggle room if the Establishment didn't get the answer they wanted or if it was just slapdash lawmaking.

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

It's not "anti-democratic" to force the government to obey the law and get Parliament's approval where it is legally required. May wanted to illegally trigger Article 50 via "Royal Prerogative". Does that sound like a democratic process to you? You might not like particular laws but it is better for all of us to live in an orderly country with rule of law.

This whole mess was left by Cameron not including a mechanism to trigger Article 50 in his referendum bill. Hard to know if that was done intentionally to give some wiggle room if the Establishment didn't get the answer they wanted or if it was just slapdash lawmaking.

If I thought for a moment her motive was anything other than an attempt to block Brexit via legal shenanigans then I might agree but I don't so I won't.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

If I thought for a moment her motive was anything other than an attempt to block Brexit via legal shenanigans then I might agree but I don't so I won't.

With hindsight, if she really wanted to put a spanner in the works she should have waited for the government to illegally trigger Article 50 as they were planning to do and then started court proceedings against them.

3 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

exactly.  the glee on her face when she won the judgement and the careful wording used in interviews showed me that she was a firm remainer who was looking for any way to overturn the result of the referendum.

And now she's given BREXIT a massive shot in the arm.

WORST . REMAIN.  SUPPORTER. EVEA

I am grateful for Gina for pointing it out. The authorisation for triggering A50 was left out on purpose to give them a second bite or just a delaying tactic in hope something would happen to stop us leaving after the referendum. These are the best educated people in the country and are surrounded by lawyers, they knew exactly what they were doing. 

3 hours ago, DEATH said:

These are the best educated people in the country

Do you do deliveries of whatever amazing drugs you are on ?

On 10/02/2017 at 11:55 AM, spyguy said:

I would - 15 years ago.

Im not even sure its her mission.

I dont think her life story would bear much scrutiny.

Im not some loon Brexit either. Just if you are going to get someone to do this sort of stuff youd beeter check them out first.

She's the daughter of an African dictatorship's senior govt minister, expensively privately educated in England. Afaik.