House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Surprise Rise In Gdp

Guest boredwaiting

The Office for National Statistics said on Wednesday that gross domestic product increased by 0.6 percent in the fourth quarter, outstripping analysts' forecasts for a 0.5 percent rise and better than 0.4 percent growth posted in Q3.

I guess it's something.....

Not convinced of a rate rise though. It's definately a feeding ground on the board for the bulls at the moment. No sign of any indication of a house price drop.

"No sign of any indication of a house price drop." where? the Moon???

Its dropping like a rock all over as far as I can see. Even my bro had to shave off 75k to get a sale (completes Monday apparently, and happy as larry to have 'offloaded' it)

Errr... isn't this growth in GDP funded by cheap borrowing though? What happens when people start paying back the money they borrowed, rather than spending on goods and services? Or is it feasable to just keep borrowing to pay off ever growing debts? Supported by a continued fall in borrowing cost until, 0% IR, and the banks start giving out free money. Or is that just b*ll*x?

Basing your predictions on data from the last three months, is tantamount to predicting plate techtonics from measuring the last tide.

You are quoting noise.

Erm, I thought the BOE had expressed "reservations" about ONS figures.

Which, perhaps conveniently, means the MPC could choose to "do it's own thing" based upon members' own perceptions based on data they as individuals have or would prefer to use.

Or maybe they know what is expected of them, well some. :)