House Price Crash Forum

SJW goes to fight ISIS

davidg

HOLA441
HOLA442

Fair play to her.  I don't think one can criticise someone who is actually putting physical effort and personal risk on the line for a belief.

Even though she is misguided as to the fact that any side in the middle east are the 'good guys'

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Fair play to her.  I don't think one can criticise someone who is actually putting physical effort and personal risk on the line for a belief.

Even though she is misguided as to the fact that any side in the middle east are the 'good guys'

Yep.

MILAN — The two friends, both performance artists, hatched the idea about a year ago: wearing white wedding dresses, they would hitchhike from Italy to the Balkans to the Middle East to send a message of peace and “marriage between different peoples and nations.”

But the message delivered by their performance piece was mostly sad and raw. After just three weeks on the road, one of the two Italian artists, Pippa Bacca, 33, was killed by a driver who offered her a ride.

Her naked body was found on April 11 in some bushes near a Turkish village after a suspect led investigators to the site. Although an official cause of death has not been given, local Turkish authorities said Ms. Bacca had been raped and strangled.

Doh!.... Source :- http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/19/theater/19peac.html

HOLA444

I saw a programme about these walter mitty types, the Kurdish YPG will not allow them anywhere near the frontline, they rip them off charging them a small fortune for weapons and ammo (which they buy by the shedload) then they may get a gig guarding prisoners or some such.

Some have been killed by mortar strikes on rear areas. 

There was a lad from the west country killed the other week which is the only one i have heard of who actually ended up surrounded and cut off, he shot himself under the chin rather than be captured. (Yet to see exactly where he was surrounded though and if it was a rear / support area than got overrun)

I would never buy a book written by any of these walter mitty characters if that is the game or is it for facebook "likes" back home?  

As i suspected the real truth is buried towards the end of the article, no heroine here at all, just virtue signalling.

Taylor is part of the YPJ’s combat media team, with whom she moved to Raqqa last week. Her primary job is to record the militia’s operations, writing battlefield reports and taking photographs and video of the action.

HOLA445
1 hour ago, davidg said:

I've found one, or rather the Guardian has, a left wing activist who is actually going to fight ISIS with a gun in Raqqa

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/09/blackburn-activist-kimberly-taylor-becomes-first-british-woman-join-fight-isis-syria

and here she is

4320.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

Does my bum look big in these combat pants?

THIS IS NOT A SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR, sjw's don't do hard work. They are LARPers pretending to be revolutionaries. What is an SJW going to fight ISIS with? Peace and Love? Dildoes?

HOLA446
4 hours ago, workingpoor said:

I saw a programme about these walter mitty types, the Kurdish YPG will not allow them anywhere near the frontline, they rip them off charging them a small fortune for weapons and ammo (which they buy by the shedload) then they may get a gig guarding prisoners or some such.

Some have been killed by mortar strikes on rear areas. 

There was a lad from the west country killed the other week which is the only one i have heard of who actually ended up surrounded and cut off, he shot himself under the chin rather than be captured. (Yet to see exactly where he was surrounded though and if it was a rear / support area than got overrun)

I would never buy a book written by any of these walter mitty characters if that is the game or is it for facebook "likes" back home?  

As i suspected the real truth is buried towards the end of the article, no heroine here at all, just virtue signalling.

Taylor is part of the YPJ’s combat media team, with whom she moved to Raqqa last week. Her primary job is to record the militia’s operations, writing battlefield reports and taking photographs and video of the action.

It does say she's also fighting, there's no Geneva convention with ISIS so saying"I'm just a journalist" isn't going to help her if she's with a combat unit.

This is "fair play" in my book, not just wearing a mask and screaming at men as seems to be the SJW / antifa normal modus operandi.

HOLA447
52 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It does say she's also fighting, there's no Geneva convention with ISIS so saying"I'm just a journalist" isn't going to help her if she's with a combat unit.

This is "fair play" in my book, not just wearing a mask and screaming at men as seems to be the SJW / antifa normal modus operandi.

Depends on their definition of "Fighting" of course.

That picture is of course very staged. Look at the bloke beside her. He looks like he's sitting in the pub watching the football. They are nowhere near any immediate danger in that picture at least. 

Added to the info above that she works in their "Media" team and it makes sense.

But yes I suppose she is at least even in a minor way putting herself out there so fair enough compared to all the rest of the tools.

HOLA448
5 minutes ago, ccc said:

Depends on their definition of "Fighting" of course.

That picture is of course very staged. Look at the bloke beside her. He looks like he's sitting in the pub watching the football. They are nowhere near any immediate danger in that picture at least. 

Added to the info above that she works in their "Media" team and it makes sense.

But yes I suppose she is at least even in a minor way putting herself out there so fair enough compared to all the rest of the tools.

The war diaries that I've read, and the Fighting ISIS documentary, suggest that there's little in the way of up close combat. Instead it's mostly artillery, mortars and rifle fire.  So as long as you're in the front line you're taking a risk of a shell dropping on you.

I'm not downplaying it but rather saying  that a RPG in flight is not going to discriminate between a rifleman at the front or a medic or reporter four hundred yards further back.  I think she is putting herself at serious risk even if not actually "fighting" in its purest sense.

HOLA449

Good luck to her - she is the link that might unite America and the world?

Trump & May need to fly out there and give this woman a medal (and fire some rounds too). And give the whole unit the latest weapons and unlimited ammo. Now.

HOLA4410
47 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The war diaries that I've read, and the Fighting ISIS documentary, suggest that there's little in the way of up close combat. Instead it's mostly artillery, mortars and rifle fire.  So as long as you're in the front line you're taking a risk of a shell dropping on you.

I'm not downplaying it but rather saying  that a RPG in flight is not going to discriminate between a rifleman at the front or a medic or reporter four hundred yards further back.  I think she is putting herself at serious risk even if not actually "fighting" in its purest sense.

Yes but it doesn't seem the smartest move imo. Bounty on head of any western fighter by all accounts.

She studied politics at Stockholm University and also writes for a left wing Swedish magazine. :ph34r:

She's probably as brainwashed as those she is fighting. Oh the irony. 

HOLA4411

A photo shoot the only purpose of which is to authenticate any propaganda channelled through her as being "the truth on the ground" with the inference being anything subsequently reported was witnessed directly from the front lines. Nicely constructed photo though, plenty of subliminal messaging, she should do well.

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

you miss the point...the fighting comes when the people they subjegate are resisting...the ISIS people do most of their shit when they aretn being resisted....bullies the World over are in heaven for those days.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
19 hours ago, workingpoor said:

I saw a programme about these walter mitty types, the Kurdish YPG will not allow them anywhere near the frontline,

Seem to be quite a few ex squaddies / mercenaries doing front line fighting. Quite well paid by all accounts.

HOLA4415
21 hours ago, wherebee said:

Yup. No "SJW" just misguided to think that giving up a safe and fortunate life to die in the dirt of some sh1thole ME country over perennial human conflict achieves anything.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
12 hours ago, davidg said:

Seem to be quite a few ex squaddies / mercenaries doing front line fighting. Quite well paid by all accounts.

All I've seen was that Fighting ISIS documentary and for those featured that certainly wasn't the case, more self-funding.  This was only featuring a handful of blokes in a Kurdish unit so whether they're the exception or your well paid people are I have no idea.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
16 minutes ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

Famously Orwell, who was shot (in the neck?).

Exactly my point! Do I have a point?  A Pin with no point, might be a chocolate teapot?:mellow:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
58 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

A thread full of armchair critics...:rolleyes:

What are you all doing to improve things in this world?

even work day i make the world a slightly better place.  you?

HOLA4425
2 hours ago, The Eagle said:

A thread full of armchair critics...:rolleyes:

What are you all doing to improve things in this world?

I'm off to fight FOR ISIS!!

Even things up a bit. That burd looks a bit nuts.

Archived