House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Explosion at French Nuclear power plant

Oh dear. Not good.

I almost bought some uranium shares yesterday. I imagine that they will plunge today as fears of nuclear rise up again. Sounds like it was some kind of accident in a plant room. Poor sods.

BREAKING: Massive explosion at nuclear power plant near British coast

SCORES of people are feared seriously injured after a huge blast ripped through a nuclear power plant.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/586715/Flamanville-Nuclear-Power-Plant-france-explosion-engine-room-injuries-dead

Firefighters and paramedics are said to be on the scene but the extent of the damage and injuries remains unclear.

The plant is incredibly close to the British border and the Isle of Wight just over a hundred miles away.

Fyi, it doesn't appear to be "massive" at all, and sounds more like an electrical fault.

Nope, HPC in London is not going to happen this way, but it's nice wishful thinking.

33 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Oh dear. Not good.

I almost bought some uranium shares yesterday. I imagine that they will plunge today as fears of nuclear rise up again. Sounds like it was some kind of accident in a plant room. Poor sods.

You've been reading Money Week.

59 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Oh dear. Not good.

You'd be better off buying shares in Kleenex.

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

Bugger! I hope it's far enough away not to affect the Isle of Wight.

Note to self: change power and gas supplier from EDF.  -_-

Some bloke in Jersey on the Mail comments posted pointing out his concern about how close it was to Jersey but that the media was not reporting the dangers to Jersey.

Had to point out that when they start paying UK taxes we will start worrying about them melting.

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

Might find it changes a few of the mutants back into humans again lol...only kidding

3 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

You do know that you nearly had your own nuclear power plant back in the 60's?

27 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

Is this at the new plant being built there or is at an existing one ?

The old rundown one on the tip of north west france, 100miles from the IOW as the wind blows

15 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Some bloke in Jersey on the Mail comments posted pointing out his concern about how close it was to Jersey but that the media was not reporting the dangers to Jersey.

Had to point out that when they start paying UK taxes we will start worrying about them melting.

Fortunately we don't have our usual south westerly at the moment. Northern Spain is downwind.