House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

We dislike Trump Thread - doing our bit on HPC

To ensure we are putting our media piece out - "we dislike Trump".

Him boo! Bad man that Trump, especially all those hair pieces that he wears, and the same suit for the last 30 years.

I hope when he does visit, I will shout "boo" to that man!

He certainly seems to have thoroughly smashed the overton window. Unfortunately, as in the story of Pandora's box, that opens up public policy to a genuine risk of extremely bad changes alongside the hope of some good changes.

2 hours ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

In some ways he is being afforded the same leeway as Blair was by his supporters. I find that hugely concerning.

As is the case for almost any politician, in particular Obama. Certainly a lot of fawning still whenever he is mentioned on the BBC.

A lot of my friends/associates seem to be falling through some kind of logical fallacy stage whereby they hate the man but don't seem to be able to judge on individual policies.

If Sanders had ripped up TPP and bared America's 'soul' on TV as not being exactly 'innocent' on the world stage (and actually espousing peace with Russia) then they'd be praising him no end.

I'm waiting for the feck ups, but so far I'm enjoying the ride.

Also the blatant hypocrisy the likes of the 'independent' John Bercow have showed in regards to Trumps supposed sexism and racism is sickening as they all close ranks to hide all the boy-buggering that's gone on.

20 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

A lot of my friends/associates seem to be falling through some kind of logical fallacy stage whereby they hate the man but don't seem to be able to judge on individual policies.

If Sanders had ripped up TPP and bared America's 'soul' on TV as not being exactly 'innocent' on the world stage (and actually espousing peace with Russia) then they'd be praising him no end.

Also the blatant hypocrisy the likes of the 'independent' John Bercow have showed in regards to Trumps supposed sexism and racism is sickening as they all close ranks to hide all the boy-buggering that's gone on.

The middling local radio station BBC R Sheffield led on Berkow's ad hom attacks on Trump, and Toby Foster triumphantly crowed that 'I notice nobodys arguing that he's not racist or sexist, eh EH!'.  They are utterly obsessed with Trump. I assume such SJWs are desparate to overturn setbacks like Brexit and Trump, in their heads at least. Next up will be ranting about 'far right' candidates like Le Pen and Wilders I assume, in yet more foreign elections that we don't get a vote in.

58 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Yes, the Democratic Party's views on Russia are unhelpful to say the least, whatever the truth with the hacking etc. And you don't have to be a fan of Putin to reach that conclusion either.

15 minutes ago, The Knimbies who say No said:

Yes, the Democratic Party's views on Russia are unhelpful to say the least, whatever the truth with the hacking etc. And you don't have to be a fan of Putin to reach that conclusion either.

Its odd the Democrats are more communist than the Communists they blame for everything they are losing..

I'm in a strange place at the moment. I don't like Trump at all. Just can't.

However I like the people protesting against him even less, a bunch of hysterical f*cking embarrassments for the most part.

Watching some of the protests is like watching Facebook attaining physical form. A load of circle jerking right-ons completely unable to grasp that a significant proportion of their countrymen have a differing opinion to them so, rather than engage  with the issues they chuck a brick through the window of Maccy D's and have a tantrum.

Bellends.  

2 hours ago, Steppenpig said:

I have to confess, I'm giving trump a free ride at the moment, because I'd be embarrassed to be associated with the anti trump lot.

Same with brexit.

What has Ken Clarke done to offend you?

I never thought that the US could find someone more awkward than Bush jnr. on the international stage, but it is a country of infinite opportunities!

The man has the communication skills of a twelve year old  :lol: 

Having heard of a teacher calling Trump  a mass murdering Nazi I have done my own brief investigation.

I can find no information detailing these acts of mass murder.

Therefore the Nazi's must control the free flow of information, and Donald Trump is a Nazi.

1 hour ago, AThirdWay said:

I disagree. He quite evidently has excellent communication skills - in that he can keep audiences of 40,000+ in the palm of his hand for a 30 minute speech. On the campaign trail he was giving speeches almost every night to packed out houses.

He also met local people in the places he visited. Reports are that he is very personable on a one to one basis as well. 

In other words, he has all the hallmarks of an excellent communicator and the charisma to go with it. Similar, in this respect, to Putin.

2 hours ago, AThirdWay said:

His audience have, in the main, got the comprehension skills of a twelve year old. And he knows that. How well would Jacob Rees Mogg go down in the rust belt?

47 minutes ago, Errol said:

I disagree. He quite evidently has excellent communication skills - in that he can keep audiences of 40,000+ in the palm of his hand for a 30 minute speech. On the campaign trail he was giving speeches almost every night to packed out houses.

He also met local people in the places he visited. Reports are that he is very personable on a one to one basis as well. 

In other words, he has all the hallmarks of an excellent communicator and the charisma to go with it. Similar, in this respect, to Putin.

There is a difference between keeping an audience entertained and good communication skills. He kept large audiences enthralled when he was involved in the US wrestling business, that didn't make him a good communicator. Go on, give me an articulate quote from the man since he took office.

5 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

His audience have, in the main, got the comprehension skills of a twelve year old. And he knows that. How well would Jacob Rees Mogg go down in the rust belt?

Indeed, we are in agreement then?

4 minutes ago, 200p said:

"Mr Trump does not own a bathrobe"

Did Hitler not have one either?  I have to google it - OMG he didn't either!

His real name is Drumpf but he anglicised it to Trump, the sneaky Kraut!

Did I mention he's a Nazi?

8 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Did I mention he's a Nazi?

The Bushes were Nazis (quite literally: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar ), Hitlary certainly had no problems with Nazis or anybody who was prepared to pay her enough (including Saudi despots), but I wouldn't call Trump a Nazi.

I'm no fan of Trump, but he still was the least worse choice at the last presidential elections.