House Price Crash Forum

Brighthouse dimming?

spyguy

HOLA441

I would have used Sh1tehouse down the sh1tter but mods dont like swears in thread titles.

Brighthouse seem to be collapsing.

I googled but all i get are warnings aboutbrighthouse and not use them.

Good riddance to sharks.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It is a shop which I don't understand why it exists. The local shop has prices/'deals' that even the dimmest imbecile would see as being exorbitant, and it never, ever, seems to have any customers in.  At all.  Ever.  Not even browsing.  

I can only imagine that there is some poor schmuck in Hartlepool* who took out sofa on tick within 2 minutes of the first store opening, and their computer's linear sales model forecast a gazillion in profit if only they could rapidly expand everywhere.   

Or it is some kind of Brewsters-Millions-like system designed to lose vast sums of money extremely quickly, whilst simultaneously screwing over as many people as possible?

[*Sorry for people from Hartlepool -- just a place picked at random.]

HOLA449

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrightHouse_(retailer)

Tax avoidance[edit]

In January 2015 Private Eye reported that BrightHouse had paid very little UK corporation tax between 2007 and 2014 - less than £6m - after revenues of £1.6bn and operating profits of £191m. According to Private Eye, interest of £76m owed to a Luxembourg-registered subsidiary of BrightHouse's owners Vision Capital had significantly reduced taxable profits. In addition, records showed BrightHouse's '5 star' insurance to be operated through a sister company based in Malta, where tax on profits would in effect be no more than 5 per cent under Maltese law. BrightHouse told Private Eye it complies with all relevant tax regulations and that all its arrangements were arranged with HMRC.[24]

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, dgul said:

It is a shop which I don't understand why it exists the local shop has prices/'deals' that even the dimmest imbecile would see as being exorbitant, and it never, ever, seems to have any customers in.  At all.  Ever.  Not even browsing.  

I can only imagine that there is some poor schmuck in Hartlepool* who took out sofa on tick within 2 minutes of the first store opening, and their computer's linear sales model forecast a gazillion in profit if only they could rapidly expand everywhere.   

Or it is some kind of Brewsters-Millions-like system designed to lose vast sums of money extremely quickly, whilst simultaneously screwing over as many people as possible?

[*Sorry for people from Hartlepool -- just a place picked at random.]

Well thats it.

After a few months even the thickest of the thick work out its scammy.

Archived