House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Trident submarines

May as well stick it in here.

The Gower is being invaded at the moment. The Coastguard helio has been doing all sorts of circuits over Swansea Bay, Gower and the surrounding area tonight. Wondered what was going on. As I type this the noise is deafening of heavy helios flying over Swansea West and Gower. I had a look out of the window and, apart from aoparently being the only person who can hear this, I can see a lot of blacked out kit around the airfield.

Looks like the Coastguard helio is being used partly as a practice target, partly as being on hand just in case. This has become surprisingly common in recent months. Swansea airport is closed at night but it appears to be being used as a practice forward operations base. The distinct sound of Apaches are overhead now - noisy buggers and Chinnies.

The last time they did this, a few weeks before Xmas, it was a mass special forces operation.

Sh*t - the noise is bad now. All my neigbours are watching TV and the best show is going on outside their windows.

37 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

May as well stick it in here.

The Gower is being invaded at the moment. The Coastguard helio has been doing all sorts of circuits over Swansea Bay, Gower and the surrounding area tonight. Wondered what was going on. As I type this the noise is deafening of heavy helios flying over Swansea West and Gower. I had a look out of the window and, apart from aoparently being the only person who can hear this, I can see a lot of blacked out kit around the airfield.

Looks like the Coastguard helio is being used partly as a practice target, partly as being on hand just in case. This has become surprisingly common in recent months. Swansea airport is closed at night but it appears to be being used as a practice forward operations base. The distinct sound of Apaches are overhead now - noisy buggers and Chinnies.

The last time they did this, a few weeks before Xmas, it was a mass special forces operation.

Sh*t - the noise is bad now. All my neigbours are watching TV and the best show is going on outside their windows.

Ok tmt either you have been on the absinthe of we all need to fashion our tin foil,hats. Is it practice manoeuvres or the real thing? If practising, what exactly are they practising for?

12 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Ok tmt either you have been on the absinthe of we all need to fashion our tin foil,hats. Is it practice manoeuvres or the real thing? If practising, what exactly are they practising for?

Taking an enemy airport and then holding it has been a key military operation since the Germans did it in 1940 at Aalborg Airport in Denmark. The fact that this is the X time that it has happened over the past 12 months indicates that someone has taken the decision that it is important that our troops are honed to do this kind of job.

Whilst it is possible that we might want to do this in Eastern Europe the most obvious likelihood is some Middle Eastern country that that us and our American cousins might be soon more actively involved in.

But it could also be possible that this is preparation just in case one has to secure an airport to bring 1,000's of Brit tourists home.

8 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Taking an enemy airport and then holding it has been a key military operation since the Germans did it in 1940 at Aalborg Airport in Denmark. The fact that this is the X time that it has happened over the past 12 months indicates that someone has taken the decision that it is important that our troops are honed to do this kind of job.

Whilst it is possible that we might want to do this in Eastern Europe the most obvious likelihood is some Middle Eastern country that that us and our American cousins might be soon more actively involved in.

But it could also be possible that this is preparation just in case one has to secure an airport to bring 1,000's of Brit tourists home.

Or, does parliament know some cunning plan for total independence that the Welsh assembly are hatching?