House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
urban_hymn

Housebuilder Stocks

Barratt, Wimpey, Wilson Bowden typical rise today around 5%. I think I'm right in saying Wimpey share price at an all time high!

Looking at stocks like these, being an HPC believer seems a very contrarian view. No crash priced in whatsoever.

I shorted a few of these last year around July. If I'd gone long I'd be about 40% up :lol::lol::lol:

Barratt, Wimpey, Wilson Bowden typical rise today around 5%. I think I'm right in saying Wimpey share price at an all time high!

Looking at stocks like these, being an HPC believer seems a very contrarian view. No crash priced in whatsoever.

I shorted a few of these last year around July. If I'd gone long I'd be about 40% up :lol::lol::lol:

The investors worship only profits and while companies are still booking last yers profits the prices will be high. the higher they go the harder they fall.

There is a thread on shorting CWD you might want to look at. There is mone flooding in to shares anyway + all that wall of BTL money wll prefer housing stock so don't be surprised at the rise.

When housing falls (I mean proper 80's doom and gloom) these shares will drop 50% but not before.

I think you must mean unsold stocks of houses.

stocks follow data. oops.

And the data has been houses up £1K in 1 week or down for 18% up to the big zero or less in 18 months, at least for England. And other markets follow us.

So the house building companies are pulling a media propaganda campaign to their small and less educatedand members and selling their own stock 'cos they gonna lose bad. Then as always they'll buy them back at 1/2 the price.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

It's universal in all industries.

Edited by music man