House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
One-percent

Extreme kite flying in Whitby

Thought I would post this.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46711023.html

fantastic house in a brilliant location overlooking the sea.  However, most in the town are either unemployed or on minimum wage.  The house needs a total referb and is on for 600k  

i guess the hope is a retiree from dhan sarf.  But would a retiree want a property this big?  Who knows, I will watch with interest.

So they're looking for a buyer who wants to spend £600k on 70s decor and who wants a conservatory tacked onto the garage (with no direct access from the house) in a place which is the first windbreak from Norway. Should be a doddle.

Edited by Shrink Proof

Yep.  The standout one on your link is nearly half a million for a house on love lane. So, there is at least one person with too much money.  Bet they were not a local on minimum wage. 

Ill be watching the two I posted with interest. 

50 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Yep.  The standout one on your link is nearly half a million for a house on love lane. So, there is at least one person with too much money.  Bet they were not a local on minimum wage. 

Ill be watching the two I posted with interest. 

I found I watched + watched. Gave up in the end.

Everywhere North of London - and London now - is illiquid.

Popel might sell before IR go up.

Odds on theyll all end up rushing for exit at the same time.

Basically, the most a local can afford is about 20k x 4 - assumign theyev not got a car finance.

On 2/3/2017 at 9:23 PM, One-percent said:

Thought I would post this.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46711023.html

fantastic house in a brilliant location overlooking the sea.  However, most in the town are either unemployed or on minimum wage.  The house needs a total referb and is on for 600k  

i guess the hope is a retiree from dhan sarf.  But would a retiree want a property this big?  Who knows, I will watch with interest.

On 2/3/2017 at 9:23 PM, One-percent said:

How about this one?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44079336.html

on for 925k, just reduced.

Bought for 480k less than two years ago   Coz wages have double in that period.  Not. 

The top one's SSTC with a sticker price of 550k - can't see it on houseprices.io. So the kite flying sort of worked.

The £925k one on St Hilda's Terrace is still for sale though. We went to Whitby for the Regatta (fair & fireworks for the kids etc) and walked past that house, and a very similar near neighbour that was up for £575k (7 beds instead of 8).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64730117.html

They're so similar that unless I'd got 7 kids I wouldn't even bother looking at the 925 one! I'm guessing the price of the 7 bedder has just totally undermined the cost of the 8 bedder, even to someone who doesn't know Whitby at all, and who comes from an area where 925k is cheap for an 8 bed house.

On 28/08/2017 at 10:02, newbonic said:

The top one's SSTC with a sticker price of 550k - can't see it on houseprices.io. So the kite flying sort of worked.

The £925k one on St Hilda's Terrace is still for sale though. We went to Whitby for the Regatta (fair & fireworks for the kids etc) and walked past that house, and a very similar near neighbour that was up for £575k (7 beds instead of 8).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64730117.html

They're so similar that unless I'd got 7 kids I wouldn't even bother looking at the 925 one! I'm guessing the price of the 7 bedder has just totally undermined the cost of the 8 bedder, even to someone who doesn't know Whitby at all, and who comes from an area where 925k is cheap for an 8 bed house.

Well the £925k one is still on sale a year later it seems, while the £575k one has sold apparently. I assume the £925k owner are in no rush to sell at all...

On 02/08/2018 at 12:33, newbonic said:

Well the £925k one is still on sale a year later it seems, while the £575k one has sold apparently. I assume the £925k owner are in no rush to sell at all...

Inteesting.

The 657k had been kicking around for a bit.

Googling shows it was listed with a guide price of 895k.

Sold for 525k.

It looks a probate too - old gas fire, old lady curtains.

On 28/08/2017 at 10:02, newbonic said:

Saw this in the Whitby Gazette:

https://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/10-ticket-might-get-you-a-500k-north-yorkshire-home-1-9347670

They want to sell £600k worth of lottery tickets (at £10 each) for their house in Grosmont that is 'worth' £500k. I assume that if they only sell, say, £200k worth of tickets then the lottery is cancelled, or are they obliged by law to still raffle it?