House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

French Soldier opens fire on knifeman at Louvre

Le Louvre attack: French soldier opens fire after attempted stabbing by man 'shouting Allahu Akbar' in Paris

A man has attempted to attack a French soldier near Paris' famed Le Louvre art gallery.

The soldier opened fire in self defence near the Carrousel du Louvre shopping centre at around 10am local time (9am GMT), police said.

French broadcaster RTL reported that the suspect was carrying two machetes and shouting "Allahu Akbar". He is said to have been seriously injured, while the soldier was lightly wounded

A spokesperson for the French interior ministry said a "serious public security incident" was underway, saying security forces were at the scene.

The ministry urged people not to spread "false information" and to follow authorities' instructions.

An American tourist visiting Le Louvre described how sirens sounded before emergency escape doors lifted from the ground.

“Four armed guards then sprinted around the grounds outside of the pyramid entrance looking for something,” he wrote on Twitter.

I just love this line in the report: "The ministry urged people not to spread "false information" and to follow authorities' instructions.".

Basically it's an appeal let them retain control of the flow of information. The events of Cologne would have been largely unknown had it not been for social media.

Michel Cadot, the head of Paris police, said the man was shouting "Allahu akbar" and injured the soldier's scalp.

The Soldier shot the attacker five times in self defence, hitting the man in the stomach, Mr Cadot added.

Mr Cadot said: "We are dealing with an attack from an individual who was clearly aggressive and represented a direct threat, and whose comments lead us to believe that he wished to carry out a terrorist incident."

(source: independant)

2 hours ago, newbonic said:

I just love this line in the report: "The ministry urged people not to spread "false information" and to follow authorities' instructions.".

Basically it's an appeal let them retain control of the flow of information. The events of Cologne would have been largely unknown had it not been for social media.

Indeed. For "false information" read "the truth". Black is white and the MSM is controlled and complicit.

I await the report of mental illness.

16 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed. For "false information" read "the truth". Black is white and the MSM is controlled and complicit.

I await the report of mental illness.

Mental illness is so 2016.

Now it's Trump.

Prior to the election these people just sat around knitting and attended coffee morning chats about kittens.  

Just now, DEATH said:

When a man attacks you with a machete shouting "allahu akbar" I don't think they are collecting for the red cross.

Might be collecting for the red crescent though 

I was watching bbc world (apologies) while this was breaking & they we're all over the alan's snackbar shouting and calling it a terrorist incident. I was quite surprised.

3 hours ago, casual_squash said:

Mental illness is so 2016.

Now it's Trump.

Prior to the election these people just sat around knitting and attended coffee morning chats about kittens. 

Since Tump became president ISIS no longer are a threat to the west according to the media.  Funny that.  Could it be they are a western creation?:

4 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Since Tump became president ISIS no longer are a threat to the west according to the media.  Funny that.  Could it be they are a western creation?:

Unforeseen consequences are everywhere. But Paris was dodgy in the 90s. Why were there armed soldiers at the Metro stations back them?

42 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I was watching bbc world (apologies) while this was breaking & they we're all over the alan's snackbar shouting and calling it a terrorist incident. I was quite surprised.

It's in France rather than the UK so no need for news management. 

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Unforeseen consequences are everywhere. But Paris was dodgy in the 90s. Why were there armed soldiers at the Metro stations back them?

It was also dodgy in the late '60s - students were rioting. 

17 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

It was also dodgy in the late '60s - students were rioting. 

Yes 1968. Maybe they couldn't find Carnaby Street?

Attacker is Egyptian according to reports:

French police union officials say the Louvre attacker is believed to be an Egyptian national.

Police union officials Yves Lefebvre and Luc Poignant say investigators have elements indicating that the attacker is an Egyptian. They were not able to provide more details on the identity of the man and the type of evidence that investigators have on him.

Didn't heavy migrant flows start travelling from Egypt last year? after the Turkey / Greece route was dealt with by the EU deal? 

3 hours ago, mattydread said:

There must be a new narrative.

Trump is not making the front pages of the newspapers this week.

4 hours ago, mattydread said:

I have noticed a sibtle change in how one or two BBC presenters now report such things. There is a slightly - only slightly - more questioning stance of some of he islamist stuff. I suspect it is just self-presevation as they begin to sense the real mood of the people through all the SJW libtard bull.

20 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Maybe the beeb have finally accepted we are leaving the EU so don't need to keep it up anymore.

No, I think it is partly self-preservation and partly that some are better are feeling the wind change.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have noticed a sibtle change in how one or two BBC presenters now report such things. There is a slightly - only slightly - more questioning stance of some of he islamist stuff. I suspect it is just self-presevation as they begin to sense the real mood of the people through all the SJW libtard bull.

I was listening to Feedback ob BBC R4 on the way home at 16:45 and there was a bit about how the news desk had got a new editor. She's got a newspaper journalism background rather then radio, which some are a bit iffy about.

But the main whinge from some feedback listeners was that the newspapers were the DT and the Mail! Cue some quotes from concerned listeners about the 'dangers' of appointing someone associated with the 'right wing press'. A good political choice from the BBC given that Labour are currently imploding, but it went down like a UKIP Councillor at an Islington Guardian Reader's dinner party with the R4 faithfull. 

Egyptian attacker was in Paris on a tourist visa.

(Arrived on the 29th jan via Dubai) 

Now there is a boost for Trump's travel ban policy, i expect he will be adding Egypt to the list of banned countries. (and Dubai if they are issuing onward Visa's?) 

This piece of scum got a 5 round burst from a Famas, i believe the French are currently in the process of retiring the Famas for a H&K rifle? shame as it is a truly iconic battle rifle.