House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One-percent

Bankers doing hard time

I know there is a thread on here related to this, but as the sentence has been handed down to the ex banksters from HBOS, I thought it deserved a thread all of its own.

enjoy. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38842723

the key bits:

Scourfield was jailed for 11 years and three months while Mills was given 15 years at Southwark Crown Court on Thursday.

Judge Martin Beddoe said Scourfield "sold his soul" to Mills in exchange for "sex, for luxury trips ... for bling and for swag".

Michael Bancroft, 73, was jailed for 10 years, Mark Dobson, 56, for four-and-a-half years, and John Cartwright, 72, for three-and-a-half years for their parts in the in the fraud.

Mills's wife Alison, 51, also played a major role in the corruption and was sentenced to three and a half years.

coming on the back of the good news about the lawyer Phil Shiner being stuck off, it is a great day for justice.  All we need is for Bliar to be arrested for war crimes and we have a royal flush

It's about time justice was seen to be done. I'm paying a personal price for the banksters' folly  

In the case of Shiner, I wonder if that opens the door to compensation claims from the servicemen involved. 

This is most unusual in  the UK. I know the CEO of an American outfit I worked for is still in clinky, after some creative accounting.:mellow:

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

This is most unusual in  the UK. I know the CEO of an American outfit I worked for is still in clinky, after some creative accounting.:mellow:

Yes, it seems so.  Fred 'the shred' Godwin is still a free man and with a 700,000 per annum pension to boot 

I'd does make you wonder why these particular bunch of crooks have been hung out to dry.

17 minutes ago, chronyx said:

They weren't high up enough

Yup! But their heads were still above the parapet.:huh:

27 minutes ago, Longtermrenter said:

I think I heard on the radio that this was brought by Thames Valley Police, that is, not investigated by the FCA or other fraud agencies. 

Interesting. I wonder what that's about.  Have you a link?

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Yes.

And us time is not great.

The coverage of this seems to focus on the prostitutes and indulgence of the actors involved. Such outrage.

Actually, I couldn't care less what wealthy people spend their money on.

I care more about the criminality of how they acquired the money.

That seems to get only a side-mention.