House Price Crash Forum

Shine Off, you greedy diamond

spyguy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm afraid soldiers sometimes have to make some hard decisions quite quickly. They are not social workers. I'm not sure how I would react in a dodgy situation, with people waving guns about.:huh:

HOLA445

The behaviour of some Leftists often makes me wonder if they really are just undermining the country for purely self-interested financial reasons (i.e. creating non-jobs in the public sector to "solve" problems which they themselves have created).  Well, clearly, the answer is yes.

You would hope that this case might lead to a bit of self-questioning in the "human rights" industry.  Not that I would expect as much.

HOLA446
15 hours ago, MrPin said:

I'm afraid soldiers sometimes have to make some hard decisions quite quickly. They are not social workers. I'm not sure how I would react in a dodgy situation, with people waving guns about.:huh:

Mercenary brother's advice - Shoot. Worry about the legal aspect later.

HOLA447
21 hours ago, MrPin said:

I've had a few run ins with people armed with weapons, twice with guns. In all these situations my mind switched off to an extent and what can only be described as the Primal "Fight or Flight" took over. I was kind of in a trance, like some deep suppressed part of my brain was now in the driving seat, pushing my conscious mind aside so it can do it's thing without any second guessing. After both incidents, it didn't quite feel real. If there had not been witnesses I think I could have written both off over time as bizarre dreams. In summary, when the SHTF you do not think and react like you do in day to day situations.

It's always apparent to me when someone has not had a serious, dangerous encounter with another human being. People tend to either try and take a moral highground (accusations of excessive force for example or believing they could have talked them down adn gone for a pint afterwards) or they try to make out that they would have handled it like a hero in an action film. I recall back when I was at Uni I got jumped by a guy that looked like a Smackhead who threatened me with a screwdriver. We got into a bit of a scrap and I managed to get away unharmed thankfully (pegged it at the first opportunity when he hit the floor). When I told the other people on my course the next day though they were calling me things like "pussy" for not handling it like Chuck Norris. They had clearly watched too many movies, they had no idea how these things go down in real life and this is where most people fall IMO. So a guy comes up to you looking to do you harm, you're supposed to be like "Gimme a second to get my Gi on mate" then start throwing out the spinning heel kicks and backflips with the odd Hadouken thrown in to entertain the spectators.

TL;DR - People are idiots.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
9 hours ago, Renewed Investor said:

I've had a few run ins with people armed with weapons, twice with guns. In all these situations my mind switched off to an extent and what can only be described as the Primal "Fight or Flight" took over. I was kind of in a trance, like some deep suppressed part of my brain was now in the driving seat, pushing my conscious mind aside so it can do it's thing without any second guessing. After both incidents, it didn't quite feel real. If there had not been witnesses I think I could have written both off over time as bizarre dreams. In summary, when the SHTF you do not think and react like you do in day to day situations.

I've experienced something similar. Good description.

HOLA4411
9 hours ago, happy_renting said:

I've experienced something similar. Good description.

Its massive adrenalin hit.

Everything on the fringe of you vision gets blocked out, you just have focus on the attackers, time slows down.

All a violent dream.

Ive been thru very violent, situations like this. These arnt stuff like squaring up in a pub, where its Yea, push, Yea, push repeated for mintues - Hold me back.

These were walking along then someone jumping out. Massive, microscond rush.

If they have a knife its run, always.

If they come out punching i tended to fight back. I was very strong in my teens20s, all in my shoulders and arms.

The risk there is if you maim or kill the attacker. Going down like a bag of spuds on concrete can go very wrong.

Adrenalin takes some time to wear off.

HOLA4412
35 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Everything on the fringe of you vision gets blocked out, you just have focus on the attackers, time slows down.

All a violent dream.

Ive been thru very violent, situations like this. These arnt stuff like squaring up in a pub, where its Yea, push, Yea, push repeated for mintues - Hold me back.

If they come out punching i tended to fight back. I was very strong in my teens20s, all in my shoulders and arms.

The risk there is if you maim or kill the attacker. Going down like a bag of spuds on concrete can go very wrong.

Look, just stop knocking around with Les. It will get you into a world of trouble. :lol:

HOLA4413
4 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Look, just stop knocking around with Les. It will get you into a world of trouble. :lol:

Tord spots always bee hold me back stuff, and tumbking on the floor.

Its hard to be surprused when they all used to look the same.

These were boro and leeds.

HOLA4414
Just now, spyguy said:

Tord spots always bee hold me back stuff, and tumbking on the floor.

Its hard to be surprused when they all used to look the same.

These were boro and leeds.

A night out in boro is just asking for it.  I'm told that there are good parmos to be had though 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

All a violent dream.

So exactly how many times were you bummed in the showers in Kirklevington then...?

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4418

Cardiff is the most punchy town I've been out in, running battles during kicking out time.

Also some of the smaller towns can be surprisingly fighty, especially in some of the more touristy spots. Once everyone buggers off for winter IME some 'local' pubs kick off quite regularly.

I have been in few fights and won even less, however I find the advanced martial arts move known as the 'windmill' has served me well. 

HOLA4419
42 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

So exactly how many times were you bummed in the showers in Kirklevington then...?

;)

XYY

I had you down as a Meadomey man..

Difference between posh south and poor North is that place names used in posh southerners conversations tend to be public schools, major and minor, whilst northerners tend to refer to Borstals.

One of my school mates got shove off to a borstal at 12. I did not see him again until he was 15.

I was having a beer with him when all the 'I was touched there' stories were coming out. I said that when he came out I thought he was dead hard, even teachers were wary of him. Now, it just seemed like he was having 24*7 bumfun.

HOLA4420
34 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I had you down as a Meadomey man..

Difference between posh south and poor North is that place names used in posh southerners conversations tend to be public schools, major and minor, whilst northerners tend to refer to Borstals.

One of my school mates got shove off to a borstal at 12. I did not see him again until he was 15.

I was having a beer with him when all the 'I was touched there' stories were coming out. I said that when he came out I thought he was dead hard, even teachers were wary of him. Now, it just seemed like he was having 24*7 bumfun.

:)

Thankfully I've only ever been done for a few drunk and disorderlies - and a couple of breaches of the peace. 

Me dad however did do 18 months in borstal for twocing a car in the early sixties. You'd get a fine or community service these days, but not back then.

He never went back to crime after that though - and later in life became a surveyor / civil engineer type bloke. Totally blagged it in the early days, and was entirely self-taught bar three-months of night-school to get clued-up on the maths required.

His brother - me uncle Brian - stuck to the dodgy activities for most of his life, until he was claimed by cancer in his early fifties. A very popular bloke in the local pubs that he wasn't barred-out of, who could get you anything you wanted - at a price.

The church was overflowing at his funeral - I've never seen so many heathens assembled in a place of worship before or since.

An acquaintance who was a copper later told me that there was not one single crime committed in Hartlepool within either hour each side of the start of his funeral.

That the only thing that ever stopped crime in Hartlepool for two hours was me uncle Brian's funeral is a delicious thing to know...

;)

XYY

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

Thankfully I've only ever been done for a few drunk and disorderlies - and a couple of breaches of the peace. 

Me dad however did do 18 months in borstal for twocing a car in the early sixties. You'd get a fine or community service these days, but not back then.

He never went back to crime after that though - and later in life became a surveyor / civil engineer type bloke. Totally blagged it in the early days, and was entirely self-taught bar three-months of night-school to get clued-up on the maths required.

His brother - me uncle Brian - stuck to the dodgy activities for most of his life, until he was claimed by cancer in his early fifties. A very popular bloke in the local pubs that he wasn't barred-out of, who could get you anything you wanted - at a price.

The church was overflowing at his funeral - I've never seen so many heathens assembled in a place of worship before or since.

An acquaintance who was a copper later told me that there was not one single crime committed in Hartlepool within either hour each side of the start of his funeral.

That the only thing that ever stopped crime in Hartlepool for two hours was me uncle Brian's funeral is a delicious thing to know...

;)

XYY

Twoccing in the 60s was a dangerous idea. Half the cars would not start.

Via the boats,  we were associated with a professional robber in boro. Knicked stuff off loose cargo from the docks.

Towards the end, wed get wholesale quantities of useless commodities. Ckntainers killed off the stuf that you could shift down the pub.

Without going too Woggie and Wedgie, i did ask him about knicking tuff from houses or old ladies. He was keen on hanging and quartering.

Archived