House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

To my Jewish, Irish, Asian and Italian friends

http://thereformedbroker.com/2017/01/29/to-my-jewish-irish-asian-and-italian-friends/

IMHO this is wishful thinking, in regards to Islamic migrants moving to he West these days.

Note I say 'Islamic' rather than Muslim.

Islamic migrants just dont work; surrendered to a ME cult.

The Chinese, Irish, Jewish + Italian migrants of 100+ years ago fled <whereever> to migrate to the US to work.

There was not benefit system in the UK or US - you worked or starved.

To get a similar transition with Muslim migrants you'd need to deny all welfare for 2 or 3 generations.

I'd counter any article pointing to Irish/Italian/Jewish migrants fro 100+ years ago with the example of Bradford over the last 40.

Id add:

The characterisation of Irish migrants is not that far removed from modern Ireland - the public sector/poltical.banking Nexus is fcking corrupt as hell.

Id also counter that, in the US at least, Irish, Italian and Jewish migrants changed by becoming more American - White protestant work ethic, secular.

I know my Calabrese-heritage  US friend opinions of his great Granddad's village does not differ that much from the stereotype depicted in the article.