House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jmpoure

How To Be A Property Developer, Part Two - Detailed Analysis

How the news from falling markets spread to the world.

The hidden meaning and scenario behind "How to be a Property Developer":

http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6905

I focussed on small details like the presence of a young child working, the fact that the two males were unemployed and driving a 4x4 car, that only retired people visited the house, the appearence of toilets several times, etc ...

Kind regards,

Jean-Michel

Edited by jmpoure

Very amusing. I'll get my girlfriend, who is French, to give me the full translation later. I have to say that "How to be a Property Developer" is one of the most entertaining programmes on TV at the moment. The two women continue to invest in Liverpool even though the presenter has said the market has "crashed" and hot "rock bottom" in that area!

How the news from falling markets spread to the world.

The hidden meaning and scenario behind "How to be a Property Developer":

Kind regards,

Jean-Michel

I was in France last week, and saw the French version of ' how to be a properdee location ladder design '

( you know the sort of thing ). Just as rubbish there as here.

Incidentally, I went to Chatres for a day out, what a beautiful city, and had a quick look in the estate agents - 2 bed, new build, etc., etc., - price 259k euros. I nearly dropped my baguette! Chatres is being regenerated at the moment and the plans look good, but FFS!

Incidentally, I went to Chatres for a day out, what a beautiful city, and had a quick look in the estate agents - 2 bed, new build, etc., etc., - price 259k euros. I nearly dropped my baguette! Chatres is being regenerated at the moment and the plans look good, but FFS!

Just a glitter in the eye. The bubble is popping fast.

According to the FNAIM, prices have dropped during the last 3 months.

PAP, a professional newspaper in real-estate forcasts a 40% drop in the next years.

Article : http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6110

In France, land is available everywhere. More than 500.000 new homes are planned for building.

We are building far too many houses, leading to a complete crash, like in Germany.

On the side of professionnal buildings, complete disaster.

Some Steets near La Défense are now completely on sale.

Example with photos : http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5859

Kind regards,

Jean-Michel

Edited by jmpoure

Very amusing. I'll get my girlfriend, who is French, to give me the full translation later. I have to say that "How to be a Property Developer" is one of the most entertaining programmes on TV at the moment. The two women continue to invest in Liverpool even though the presenter has said the market has "crashed" and hot "rock bottom" in that area!

Do not hesitate to translate and publish the thread here:

For me, this TV broadcast means a lot in term of media coverage of the bubble.

I may be right thinking that real-estate myths could reverse completely, like written in this chapter in 2004:

La zombification des mythes (translation : reverse myths from evil dead)

Kind regards,

Jean-Michel

Edited by jmpoure

Hey Jean-Michel, cool site you have there!

I went to a conference at La Defense once - had the obligatory 'Big Mac'.

BTW, how does one get planning permission in France? Is it difficult? I want to build a house there myself, but not if it is like the UK, where land costs 3,000 an acre, or 1,000,000 an acre with permission to build....

ps LOVE this line... "Heureusement, l'acheteur est un pigeon"

Edited by CrashIsUnderWay

BTW, how does one get planning permission in France? Is it difficult? I want to build a house there myself, but not if it is like the UK, where land costs 3,000 an acre, or 1,000,000 an acre with permission to build....

ps LOVE this line... "Heureusement, l'acheteur est un pigeon"

France has the lowest number of inhabitants per kilometer in Europe.

If you cross France in train, you can notice that the landscape is mostly empty. There is plenty of space and the best solution is to build a new house in the landscape, near a small city, not to buy an old house. Builing a new house is always less expensive.

According to financial authorities, 240.000 homes are owned by foreigners. We produce around 500.000 houses every year. So are welcome. Here are the statistics: http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/fr/ch06s0...mythe-etrangers

53.000 homes are owned by Britons according to the Government.

There is no danger that France be one day overwhelmed with foreigners.

But do not forget that prices in UK will drop completely.

In UK, the price for land is the price for citizenship, as explained in my book.

But this is an insane idea. People must free themselves from the believes in the bubble.

The market will drive the situation back to normal shortly.

Edited by jmpoure

Thanks Jean - my apple Mac translation software made some funny phrases out of your page!

How does one go about getting planning permission in France? Or can you just pick a field, buy it and start building???? :-) what a dream...