Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Wayward

Surge in optimism amongst the young (!?)

Recommended Posts

 

"Deloitte's quarterly consumer tracker reveals consumer confidence in the last three months of 2016 remained high, despite Brexit, because of a surge in optimism among young people. Five of Deloitte's six measures of consumer optimism rose in its latest survey, with Britons remaining upbeat about their career prospects thanks to an increase in real incomes and a buoyant jobs market."

____________

Reported 30th Jan 2017 -The Daily Telegraph, Business, Page: 3   The Guardian, Page: 20

 

 

How on earth can this be true?  Young people are being totally screwed...how can their optimism be surging???  Is this in a parallel universe...?  Delusion?

 

Young people in work are handing over most of the fruits of their labours to the rentier classes, how can this promote anything other than disillusionment and resentment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They know no different at this moment in time

I was talking to a first year apprentice the other day ,car insurance come up i told him mine at his age was not much more than a week or tow`s wage ,i  think he thought i was lying   as his was equivalent too over two months wages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are out on the streets tonight protesting against whats happening in America.. so brainwashed, they cant believe its possible for men to take such decisions .. the future is bleak .. the brainwashed wont take any difficult decisions till its too late 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't they all supposed to think that Brexit has ruined their lives? I wonder if there might be an element of truth in it, that they are simply adapting to the new reality, that they've realised buses will still run, football will still be played, Nandos will still serve whatever it is they serve, and they'll still be able to see the latest blockbuster at the local cinema. 

Have they learnt the valuable life lesson that change being scary doesn't mean it's always for the worse? Or is it simply a reaction to those in power changing their tune from "no, we'll all be doomed" to "yes, this is going to make us stronger".

Sadly I suspect it's the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayward said:

"Deloitte's quarterly consumer tracker reveals consumer confidence in the last three months of 2016 remained high, despite Brexit, because of a surge in optimism among young people. Five of Deloitte's six measures of consumer optimism rose in its latest survey, with Britons remaining upbeat about their career prospects thanks to an increase in real incomes and a buoyant jobs market."

____________

Reported 30th Jan 2017 -The Daily Telegraph, Business, Page: 3   The Guardian, Page: 20

 

 

How on earth can this be true?  Young people are being totally screwed...how can their optimism be surging???  Is this in a parallel universe...?  Delusion?

 

Young people in work are handing over most of the fruits of their labours to the rentier classes, how can this promote anything other than disillusionment and resentment.

I don't know any of those enthusiastic young people.

The ones I know seem a bit depressed/depressing when it comes to money/career prospects. Most of them (young people I know) have no hope of "ever" buying. Some of them haven't seen a payrise in years. 

Perhaps they asked "young people" working for hedge funds? If so, I can totally see where the enthusiasm is coming from :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't the mid thirties when suicides start to peak? Probably coincides with the moment many people take that first tentative step outside the BS Matrix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 'young people' are superficially optimistic providing you avoid certain topics- namely housing.   I get the impression its not so much brainwashing here, but owning is now so far out of reach its not even a dream anyway.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect it's ******** propaganda.

Politics aside, the number of homeless people has increased (same goes for beggars). If you live in a large city you must've noticed this.

Food bank usage is still growing.

The NHS is supposedly crumbling.

Education leaves them in debt (a lot of it)

Owning their place is a pipe dream for most.

 

...but perhaps there's an upcoming concert somewhere or a new interface for facebook/instagram? Who knows. I'd like to know their reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wayward said:

 

"Deloitte's quarterly consumer tracker reveals consumer confidence in the last three months of 2016 remained high, despite Brexit, because of a surge in optimism among young people. Five of Deloitte's six measures of consumer optimism rose in its latest survey, with Britons remaining upbeat about their career prospects thanks to an increase in real incomes and a buoyant jobs market."

____________

Reported 30th Jan 2017 -The Daily Telegraph, Business, Page: 3   The Guardian, Page: 20

 

 

How on earth can this be true?  Young people are being totally screwed...how can their optimism be surging???  Is this in a parallel universe...?  Delusion?

 

Young people in work are handing over most of the fruits of their labours to the rentier classes, how can this promote anything other than disillusionment and resentment.

 

Well to generalise...look how quickly young people are angry over anything Donald Trump / Brexit related - it's very easy to trigger their inner SJW on those topics.  But talk about house prices, wages, prosperity in general, and they seem perplexed and unsure how to react - and yet these are things that directly and negatively affect them.  Those seem like much smaller issues to them than Donald Trump planning to build a wall to help prevent illegal entry to the US, which doesn't affect them really at all.  So - to keep it simple, they've been brainwashed.  And call me David Icke, but I think there could be something in diesel or in the water - or in some other way completely off our radar - that has affected them on a biological level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were looking forward to Christmas?

The previous 3 months they'd been expecting Armageddon based on the Brexit scares?

 

Quote

with Britons remaining upbeat about their career prospects thanks to an increase in real incomes and a buoyant jobs market."

:lol::lol: pure propaganda.

Edited by billybong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Take a look at the report...

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/consumer-business/articles/consumer-tracker.html

This newspaper article has cherry picked a couple of stats and taken them put of context.  All measures show longstanding "negative confidence" (i.e. FEAR). The only measure that is mildly positive is the 18 to 34s who show about 2% positivity .... FFS that's hardly soaring confidence.

As I always say on here, whatever the stats, even when about emotive subjects such as Food Bank usage, look at the stats, look at the measure, the scales, etc. Never accept them at face value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Well to generalise...look how quickly young people are angry over anything Donald Trump / Brexit related - it's very easy to trigger their inner SJW on those topics.  But talk about house prices, wages, prosperity in general, and they seem perplexed and unsure how to react - and yet these are things that directly and negatively affect them.  Those seem like much smaller issues to them than Donald Trump planning to build a wall to help prevent illegal entry to the US, which doesn't affect them really at all.  So - to keep it simple, they've been brainwashed.  And call me David Icke, but I think there could be something in diesel or in the water - or in some other way completely off our radar - that has affected them on a biological level. 

No need for the diesel or water conspiracies, it's simply down to the education (indoctrination) system.

 

I'm also utterly baffled that they don't care, or aren't even aware of REAL issues such as the ever widening wealth divide, corporate greed, political malfeasance, rampant (policy driven) HPI, stagnant wage growth, abysmal T&C's for people lucky enough to even get a job, deliberate inflation of asset bubbles to benefit the wealthy,,, none of that matters.

 

And yet when it comes to wimmins rights, immigration, or LGBT ''issues'' you can't shut the f***ers up,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Well to generalise...look how quickly young people are angry over anything Donald Trump / Brexit related - it's very easy to trigger their inner SJW on those topics.  But talk about house prices, wages, prosperity in general, and they seem perplexed and unsure how to react - and yet these are things that directly and negatively affect them.  Those seem like much smaller issues to them than Donald Trump planning to build a wall to help prevent illegal entry to the US, which doesn't affect them really at all.  So - to keep it simple, they've been brainwashed.  And call me David Icke, but I think there could be something in diesel or in the water - or in some other way completely off our radar - that has affected them on a biological level. 

No need for anything in the water, they are being force fed the Kool Aid through social media.

It's the only means of communication now, as debating subjects down the pub with your mates is a thing of the past. They have a herd mentality and are told exactly what 'values' to have through social media and the education system.

It is very much an orwellian 1984. 

To quote something I heard recently, 'You've never seen so many men in a generation with beards and tattoos, but very few that can change a car tyre.'

What with the young 9 year old transgender girl on the cover of National Geographic recently, and also the government survey for pupils to choose between 23 genders. I personally think the TPTB are trying to blur the lines of gender and gender specific roles resulting in the destruction of the traditional family unit in the younger generation.

This is not any kind of transphobia, as I think anyone can be whichever way they want to be, but I do think its being its being forced onto the younger generation.

Whats the result of all this? Jobs that are left over from automation will be few and far between. Any hope of working, having a house and children have fallen from the 20's to the 30's and 40 year olds to finally 'never'. Much better to keep them all in check with commercialism and debt.

Mass depopulation and a declining birth rate is the final end-game. Thats what TPTB wants, and is certainly going the right way to get it.

Edited by sideysid
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sideysid said:

No need for anything in the water, they are being force fed the Kool Aid through social media.

It's the only means of communication now, as debating subjects down the pub with your mates is a thing of the past. They have a herd mentality and are told exactly what 'values' to have through social media and the education system.

It is very much an orwellian 1984. 

To quote something I heard recently, 'You've never seen so many men in a generation with beards and tattoos, but very few that can change a car tyre.'

What with the young 9 year old transgender girl on the cover of National Geographic recently, and also the government survey for pupils to choose between 23 genders. I personally think the TPTB are trying to blur the lines of gender and gender specific roles resulting in the destruction of the traditional family unit in the younger generation.

This is not any kind of transphobia, as I think anyone can be whichever way they want to be, but I do think its being its being forced onto the younger generation.

Whats the result of all this? Jobs that are left over from automation will be few and far between. Any hope of working, having a house and children have fallen from the 20's to the 30's and 40 year olds to finally 'never'. Much better to keep them all in check with commercialism and debt.

Mass depopulation and a declining birth rate is the final end-game. Thats what TPTB wants, and is certainly going the right way to get it.

Well, so long as they get to feel self-righteous about hating Trump and Brexit, all is well.  I mean, who wants a life anyway? There's always Facebook and my childhood bedroom to live in until my 50s....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kiwi_Muncher said:

Take a look at the report...

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/consumer-business/articles/consumer-tracker.html

This newspaper article has cherry picked a couple of stats and taken them put of context.  All measures show longstanding "negative confidence" (i.e. FEAR). The only measure that is mildly positive is the 18 to 34s who show about 2% positivity .... FFS that's hardly soaring confidence.

As I always say on here, whatever the stats, even when about emotive subjects such as Food Bank usage, look at the stats, look at the measure, the scales, etc. Never accept them at face value.

You mean the Daily Telegraph is lying and faking facts to suit its agenda? I'm shocked, shocked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nome said:

No need for the diesel or water conspiracies, it's simply down to the education (indoctrination) system.

 

I'm also utterly baffled that they don't care, or aren't even aware of REAL issues such as the ever widening wealth divide, corporate greed, political malfeasance, rampant (policy driven) HPI, stagnant wage growth, abysmal T&C's for people lucky enough to even get a job, deliberate inflation of asset bubbles to benefit the wealthy,,, none of that matters.

 

And yet when it comes to wimmins rights, immigration, or LGBT ''issues'' you can't shut the f***ers up,

It's the education system teaching them political correctness from an early age... they have lost the ability of critical thinking.. of even entertaining the possibility that an opposing view can be correct and their own can be wrong.. Lily Allen is their torchbearer. These days I am fairly confident that right side of an argument is the one which gets her goat.. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with Britons remaining upbeat about their career prospects thanks to an increase in real incomes and a buoyant jobs market."

Doesn't exactly chime with this

30 January 2017

Mini-boom in living standards is over, says think tank

A "mini-boom" in living standards has ended according to a report by the Resolution Foundation.

The think tank says living standards improved significantly between 2014 and the beginning of 2016, as subdued inflation coincided with rising wages and employment.

But a rise in inflation late in 2016, coupled with slower income growth, has ended that boom, it argues.

The conclusions are part of its annual report, published later this week.

The Resolution Foundation estimates that incomes in working-age households have grown just 0.5% in the current financial year, the slowest pace since 2012-13.

"After a tight squeeze during the [financial] crisis, working-age households have enjoyed a living standards mini-boom in recent years," said Stephen Clarke, economic analyst at the Resolution Foundation.

"But fast-rising inflation this year has brought this all too short mini-boom to a sharp halt as pay rises have not kept up," he said.

The most recent official measure of UK inflation, released earlier this month, showed a .sharp rise in inflation to 1.6%.

Higher costs for imported materials and fuels were behind the rise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to pick your moments......Maybe at the time of asking they were high on drink, drugs or rock and roll?

High highs and low lows.;) 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax, and advisory services to many of the world's most admired brands, including 80 percent of the Fortune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

And call me David Icke, but I think there could be something in diesel or in the water - or in some other way completely off our radar - that has affected them on a biological level. 

It's the flouride in the drinking water and heavy metals in the vaccines, apparently. Who really knows? But I agree, no need to be David Icke to see that the masses are being subdued through rubbish food, rubbish media, and all sorts of Tavistock Institute dark arts, no doubt. If young people knew half of what the future has in store for them I truly think we'd be witnessing real revolutionary protest on the streets, not this manipulated ersatz distraction banner-waving that seems to be the current fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A younger friend in his late twenties, living in a spare room with his fiancee, is relentlessly optimistic.

"You get out of life what you put in" He says.

'Really...' I thinks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   90 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.