House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Will the last boomer to leave the planet please...

WaPo has an interesting article on when the last of each generation will die off. They predict the last boomer (US defintion) will die in 2088 aged 124 years old (that means they've probably been drawing a state pension for around 60 years).

WhenEnd.jpg&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/01/24/heres-how-much-longer-each-generation-will-be-sticking-around/?utm_term=.0a92cb388daa&wpisrc=nl_draw2&wpmm=1

23 minutes ago, davidg said:

WaPo has an interesting article on when the last of each generation will die off. They predict the last boomer (US defintion) will die in 2088 aged 124 years old (that means they've probably been drawing a state pension for around 60 years).

WhenEnd.jpg&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/01/24/heres-how-much-longer-each-generation-will-be-sticking-around/?utm_term=.0a92cb388daa&wpisrc=nl_draw2&wpmm=1

I would be 124 in 2088 too.:unsure:

Since I'll only be 123 in 2088, can we all agree that I'm officially not one of them boomers that everyone under 30 seems to hate...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

3 hours ago, winkie said:

I will be happy to live on this planet for as long as I know what day of the week it is, and how old I am....;)

Me too! Having seen weekly for the past 6 years the demise of an Alzheimer suffer I've made up my mind to take action to depart planet earth if I ever get an inkling that this is what my problem is. Partly because I don't want to live day to day like that and partly because I don't want the state to get any assets for any "care" I may need.

Im defined as a boomer but not wealthy and never been well paid...ever. However I know I'm lucky that I have a modest paid up house. I have 2 children now aged 22 & 23. I really really fear for their future on planet earth. Hence why I would choose to leave them any assets rather than keep me going with "care" in an Alzheimer state of affairs.

4 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Since I'll only be 123 in 2088, can we all agree that I'm officially not one of them boomers that everyone under 30 seems to hate...?

If you can accelerate yourself to 90% of the speed of light for 50 years, you might get an extra 26 years.