House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

UK will be forced up to accept Refugees banned from US

Fairly easy to put the puzzle together on this.

If Turkey enters the EU, then it's a straight run through to Calais from Syria, and once the refugees are on the Eurostar or Channel, we'll then have to house them.

No onward journey for those with relatives in the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38786576

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/732353/Boris-Johnson-EU-Turkey-Erdogan-shameless-overreacting-Muslim

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

No and never has been any chance of Turkey joining the EU. Of course May, in her desperation, offer open borders to Turkey  for 50p

2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

The non-EU immigration has always exceeded EU immigration, so what chance of this government stopping either?

The vast majority of non EU immigration is by family reunion. I think there's an alliance of wishy washy sjw's and sentimental conservatives supporting it, plus the fact that it is "hidden" in the bureaucracy, seems to make it untouchable. Personally, I think its absolutely the worst sort of immigration.

Doesn't really apply to EU immigration as (as far as I'm aware) FOM doesn't allow you to import dependent relatives. Plus most of them are adequately comfortable in their own countries.

4 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

If Turkey enters the EU, then it's a straight run through to Calais from Syria, and once the refugees are on the Eurostar or Channel, we'll then have to house them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/732353/Boris-Johnson-EU-Turkey-Erdogan-shameless-overreacting-Muslim

How many refugees have America housed/taken  from Syria so far ?

2037 people 2001 to...2015     http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34872382

140ish a year one can only dream

Drama Queen

Edited by long time lurking

2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

The non-EU immigration has always exceeded EU immigration, so what chance of this government stopping either?

No government of the last 20+years have wanted to do that ...in fact they positively encouraged it from any where in the world 

This is why most voted to leave the EU. the only way it will be stopped will be via the ballot box ...it`s clear from the referendum vote the majority don`t like what the government want ....Brexit is the first step on a long road,,will it work i haven got a clue my crystal ball is not working but from where i`m standing it was the only option open to me.there were no other options other than carrying on as we were  

43 minutes ago, Steppenpig said:

Doesn't really apply to EU immigration as (as far as I'm aware) FOM doesn't allow you to import dependent relatives.

FOM makes that as easy as it could possibly be.

4 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Who`s going to be doing the forcing ? 

46 minutes ago, Will! said:

FOM makes that as easy as it could possibly be.

As far as I am aware, FOM requires you to be self supporting. There is no real advantage for a European to bring all their deadbeat relies over, when they will probably have a better llquality of life in their home countries, and be cheaper to support.

If EU citizens are economically self supporting, then its irrelevant if they are someone's cousin.

1 hour ago, Steppenpig said:

As far as I am aware, FOM requires you to be self supporting.

There is no such requirement.

1 hour ago, Steppenpig said:

As far as I am aware, FOM requires you to be self supporting. There is no real advantage for a European to bring all their deadbeat relies over, when they will probably have a better llquality of life in their home countries, and be cheaper to support.

If EU citizens are economically self supporting, then its irrelevant if they are someone's cousin.

:lol:

so there is not a mass take up of benefits by these Europeans then? 

27 minutes ago, Will! said:

Correct. The uks dumbfck noncontribution benefits are available to 300m people. Takes a special kind of stupid, or gordon brown

2 hours ago, Will! said:

I guess I got that wrong then. However, in principle, it is intended to apply to workers, but they are entitled to the same benefits as UK citizens. The real problem is the ease of entitlement to benefits.

However, getting distracted from my original point, which was that non EU immigration is only so large because of sentimentalil support of media and population for family reunion.

IIRC FoM should only apply if you are exercising your treaty rights. I don't think anyone has a treaty right to be unemployed in another EU country. Never stopped them getting benefits and houses in the UK though.

I've just read the BBC story about Mo Farrah and I'm scared. Just like Mo I'm a British citizen who doesn't hold Somali nationality and hence am terrified I may be laffected by this new travel ban. Just like Mo I also do not hold Iranian. Syrian, Iraqi, Sudanese or Yemeni nationality. I will be contacting the US embassy in the morning to ask them to clarify my position. It's just so uncertain at the moment, my life has been turned upside-down, I feel like I'm living in limbo. I feel unwanted by the US. Why have they taken this action against us innocent non-Somalis? How did this happen? I feel I don't know America anymore. I felt physically sick when I heard about how the US policy would impact upon me and all the other non-Somali British citizens that I know. I'd just like to ask Trump why? Just why?

Edit: I'm also a non-Libyan British passport holder like Mo and am distraught about how this ban has ruined my life.

Edited by the gardener

Fortunately Mo is not a rocket scientist so should not be expected to be an authority on such matters, his off the cuff unthought comments are clearly being manipulated by the evil British media. The guy runs for a living FFS.

23 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

The two are not entirely separate, I know a non EU citizen who applied for residency because his wife was an EU citizen (they were both born in South America).

On 1/29/2017 at 9:59 PM, the gardener said:

I've just read the BBC story about Mo Farrah and I'm scared. Just like Mo I'm a British citizen who doesn't hold Somali nationality and hence am terrified I may be laffected by this new travel ban. Just like Mo I also do not hold Iranian. Syrian, Iraqi, Sudanese or Yemeni nationality. I will be contacting the US embassy in the morning to ask them to clarify my position. It's just so uncertain at the moment, my life has been turned upside-down, I feel like I'm living in limbo. I feel unwanted by the US. Why have they taken this action against us innocent non-Somalis? How did this happen? I feel I don't know America anymore. I felt physically sick when I heard about how the US policy would impact upon me and all the other non-Somali British citizens that I know. I'd just like to ask Trump why? Just why?

Edit: I'm also a non-Libyan British passport holder like Mo and am distraught about how this ban has ruined my life.

...giphy.gif

On 1/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Turkey won't join the EU. They might want to, but they won't. Their only "ally" was Johnson - and you all know how "influential" he'll be in Brussels. 

It's NOT a straight run from Syria to Calais. Even as an EU citizen, travelling from an EU country, you still have to go through border checks and show a passport etc. What passport is a Syrian going to show to be allowed in? Yeah...right. Even IF Turkey joined the EU and IF somehow they gave Turkish passports to every refugee and his dogs, countries that join the EU typically have to wait about 7 years for full freedom of movement. By then, the UK will have exited the EU - that's projected to take 2 years. If they started the process (joining the EU now), by the time they'd join the EU, the UK would be long gone.

This is just nonsense.