House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crash test dummy

Bulls And Bears

I'm a firm believer that a crash and recession are on the way, but heh, you probably all know this already, if you have read my words on this site. But I like a fair discussion on things as a reality check is a good thing.

My reason for this crash / recession combi is that it will happen due to energy supply.

Simply put if you run an industrial country in an industrial world such as U.K. plc. having the means and energy is an amazing thing to have for the economy. Oil is number one on the purchase list if you want to compete. You make loadsa cash and save on outgoings if you have control of the energy supplies as well. Life is as they say peachy - even if you're the most unproductive plc. in Europe.

So we've had it good and expect Global Wealth Dominance, after all - We are British and we're used to it. But we have had Oil and Gas and Iraq for instance as well as many other sources that seem to be having unsettled times.

With these changes we change. To me this is happening for many reasons. Mainly because the oil is running out and there's more fights going on in the World about it.

So are we going to keep siding with the States and use force and lose diplomacy and how will this effect us if we're successful? How would it harm us if not?

Where does China come in to this, they have done deals in Nigeria where there has been trouble for the oil companies. They are threatening to withdraw their cash from the Fed Reserve and that is a lot of pocket money.

Iran and China are business partners and what's going to give there with the Iran war brooding. My moneys on it will happen as soon as they trade oil in non-us dollars. Iraq did this 2 months before the last War and stopped 2 months after it. This date is March so expect trouble, that's another reason why we're in debt IMO-to pay for the next crisis.

U.S.A. having a spot of bother with China announcing it's cash be withdrawn incrementally. George Soros the demigod of economics expecting their housing crash in 2007 is a big blow for non believers. And America needs oil.

So nicely returning to the price of Oil. At today's $68 dollar a barrel (very, very high historically) where's the positive for a non-crash or non-recession as harsh as this reality is. What this sitre represents has a really deep aspect.

And back to Russia and the Gas supply issue and price wars with the Ukraine and Bulgaria this month.

With Russia and China parading Military together last year there really is a lot to think about. So we have Gas wars with Russia and are about to embark on a war with a huge Chinese business partner in Iran who produces a lot of lesser grade feul.

My money to win is on the guys with the big guns - our friends the U.S.A.

There is much to consider in a house price crash, it's not a microcosm and the effect comes from distant sources.

I've maybe put a lot of ideas together on a whim here but I don't feel I have. I feel these factors are big. I look at oil prices daily as I do this site. $68 per barrel - $80 dolars a barrel and we're done for and don't think it's better in summer. The U.S.'s heating bill in heavier going then.

Is a war gonna sort it out and how big is it gonna be, as only the oil is needed.

Einstein said that he didn't know what weopons would be used in a third world war.

but he did say that rocks and sticks would be used in the fourth.

Well perhaps you shouldn't have helped create the atomic bomb then should you sunshine.

Glass house, throwing stones..

But had it not been for the atomic bomb would we have had a third world war..?

Or would someone have invaded the states?

Or...

Who knows..

E=MC2?

So why exactly is the speed of light a theoretical maximum...???

eh...??

I am merely trying to sound intelligent.. I am not really..

Feel free to draw this back on topic.

Einstein didn't invent the atomic bomb. He discovered the theory of splitting the atom (e=mc2), which some woman in Germany (a jew I believe) matched the theory to the practice. Correct me if I'm wrong.