House Price Crash Forum
MattW

I'd like to start the day with an £80k drop...

In the same fashion as 'The_Count_of-Nowhere'... :)

4 bedroomed house in Norwich listed at an eye-watering £345k last April: old advert

Now listed at £265k:  4 bedroomed terraced house in NR2

:lol::lol::lol:

In the latest ad, Property Bee shows the asking price was £325k in May. The vendors are chasing the market downwards! :D

No 'Premiership Footballer spec' Range Rover for Mr/Ms Vendor then upon completion?! Boo hoo.

I notice that it was on with different agents both times, makes me think that the first agent put it on the top end of the market to try to uplift the expectation of the rest of the market. Then the second one gave them a reality check, still, Norwich, mid terrace, HOW MUCH ?

I like how the BTL supplies are all stored in the old garage in pictures 13 and 14 -- knackered wardrobes, stained mattress and To Let sign.

2 hours ago, richc said:

I like how the BTL supplies are all stored in the old garage in pictures 13 and 14 -- knackered wardrobes, stained mattress and To Let sign.

:o 

Property history

Previously listed for sale on 16th Feb 2016 for £345,000
Offered with no onward chain, scope for further development and excellent potential to be a student let as well as a family home, is this four/five-bedroomed mid terrace house located to the west side of Norwich City centre with accommodation ...

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/191-dereham-road/norwich/nr2-3te/39326543

Previously listed for rent on 20th Jun 2010 
£1,274 pcm - 5 bed property
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/191-dereham-road/norwich/nr2-3te/16854382

2 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Is it in a decent area? Location location etc blah blah

It's OK. I'd say it's just outside of the fabled 'Golden Triangle' of Norwich. Just around the corner from the 'Fat Cat & Fugitive' pub (a CAMRA favourite), near some convenience stores and takeaways.

5 hours ago, MattW said:

4 bedroomed house in Norwich listed at an eye-watering £345k last April: old advert

In the latest ad, Property Bee shows the asking price was £325k in May. The vendors are chasing the market downwards! :D

No 'Premiership Footballer spec' Range Rover for Mr/Ms Vendor then upon completion?! Boo hoo.

Also a sign of the times as it's a student LL selling up.Clearly the local uni losing it's pulling power in China.

5 hours ago, richc said:

Thanks for the heads up I stopped at photo 10.

You can just imagine the parasite thinking that after ten years he might be able to do up the garage,cram in a local homeless family,then that mattress might come in handy.

Edited by Sancho Panza
grammar

1 hour ago, MattW said:

It's OK. I'd say it's just outside of the fabled 'Golden Triangle' of Norwich. Just around the corner from the 'Fat Cat & Fugitive' pub (a CAMRA favourite), near some convenience stores and takeaways.

At least the local neighbourhood watch will be well staffed.

12 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Also a sign of the times as it's a student LL selling up.Clearly the local uni losing it's pulling power in China.

Quite possibly! I hope the ex council houses in NR4 & NR5 in close proximity to the University of East Anglia once let in the same manner are soon to follow. :)

One point though. What is it, 17ft by (60ft front + 60ft house and wash house + 120ft garden) = 4100ft2 plot (or more). That ain't bad compared to how many new builds you would have to buy to get the equivalent footprint. 4x 2bed slave box new builds (with some allocated parking) I reckon.

8 hours ago, MattW said:

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore
detail

8 hours ago, richc said:

That garage looks perfect for conversion into a HMO for EEs.

I'm surprised some savvy investor hasn't seen the potential and snapped it up.

41 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

That garage looks perfect for conversion into a HMO for EEs.

I'm surprised some savvy investor hasn't seen the potential and snapped it up.

No pets no cars no windows. Large front door. No running water. No pictures. Carpet available by request. Fees apply. Three months upfront. Professional couples only. No DSS no blacks. 

6 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

"no blacks"

Brexit has made it socially acceptable to say that again, eh?

I think it not being acceptable was the whole point.

13 minutes ago, nnails said:

There is house in next town to me that been listed multiple times. For same price

Must be the right price then! :lol: the market just doesn't realise it yet

On 28/01/2017 at 9:13 AM, MattW said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

We do like a nice juice price collapse regardless of who posts it.

Many thanks.

On 28/01/2017 at 9:13 AM, MattW said:

I bet your glad you didnt buy last year.

#Caveat Emptor.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, MattW said:

I like how these assholes ALWAYS, ALWAYS turn the bathroom that used to exist upstairs into ANOTHER "BEDROOM" to hopefully increase the value of the place by XX,XXX

Yes, 'cause that's exactly what I want, a jog down and up the stairs in the middle of the night to take a piss. Wouldn't even pay 150k for that piece of shit.