House Price Crash Forum

Pre-paid cards

OnionTerror

HOLA441
HOLA442

I use pockit and have had no problems with it. It has been rejected once online when purchasing something but I now use it as my regular card on E bay & Amazon.

I like the idea that I control how much I have on it at any one time. It is easy to load with cash and their web site to show your account and statements is refined and uncluttered.

However my wife signed up for one and on arrival I noticed the account number online and the one on her card did not match which was a tad worrying so she never loaded any cash onto it. I told her to bin it and applied for another on her behalf. That arrived and everything seems fine now.

HOLA443
13 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

I'm looking to get one to use online et al.  I've been looking at pockit, but reading on MSE, that they haven't got a great write-up.  Any know which ones are good?

I recommend this one, it is £2 a month but you get discounts at Asda, M&S, Argos and other places, might make a profit from it!

Money transferred to it arrives within 2 hours if it is a faster payment.

It is a visa debit too, gambling wins arrive back into it by lunchtime the following day.

There are ATM fees for withdrawing cash but you can get cashback at stores for free if you need to withdraw from it.

Don't keep a high balance though, I don't think there is any protection.

http://credecard.com/

EDIT:

Here's the discount you get if you use it within the store.

Asda 3%

M&S 3.5%

Argos 4%

HOLA444
HOLA445
24 minutes ago, GinAndPlatonic said:

I use pockit and have had no problems with it. It has been rejected once online when purchasing something but I now use it as my regular card on E bay & Amazon.

I like the idea that I control how much I have on it at any one time. It is easy to load with cash and their web site to show your account and statements is refined and uncluttered.

However my wife signed up for one and on arrival I noticed the account number online and the one on her card did not match which was a tad worrying so she never loaded any cash onto it. I told her to bin it and applied for another on her behalf. That arrived and everything seems fine now.

AFAIK, most pre-paids don't use 3D secure, which can cause issues when buying online..

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, GinAndPlatonic said:

If you do balance transfers on to it, it seems to be totally free to use, which I like...

HOLA449

Archived