House Price Crash Forum

America will love Trump by the end of his 1st term?

200p

HOLA441

I'm still trying to find some answers on this new President, and trying to be neutral and objective where possible, and not letting hate and emotions take over. Our minds are closed and are less productive when hate and fear cloud us... But will all the hate turn into love? This is one of the greatest birth pangs we have witnessed in history. If it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else; the pendulum always returns.

We will see fortunes made, (and fortunes lost). May we live in interesting times.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I think there are greater powers at work here, that we don't fully understand. I keep returning to this. Imagine you are Trump, you're 70. You have more money and power than you could ever need - why stick your head above the parapet, unless he was asked to. Why risk your life, and your family?

Why make enemies with the mainstream media?

Let me read the script, please!

HOLA444
23 minutes ago, dgul said:

Or they'll all hate him.  

That is true too.

SimCity2k-625x350.jpg

I was thinking about having complete power, and control. What would I do? If anyone remembers playing the computer game, called Sim City. You create a world, and try and keep everyone happy. When you reach the end of the game, if you like, everyone's happy, they have water, food, they all pay taxes, there are many skyscrapers, hospitals, and power stations. All is calm, and well.

But then, you get bored, and you decide to make it a bit more interesting, cause a earthquake, or make Godzilla appear, and see how the city that you've created handles it. As God of your world, you know that you risk causing damage, and destruction, but you still do it.

So why would they put or allow a divisive President in America....

HOLA445

Isn't he another Reagan?

Ronald Reagan was equally lampooned and portrayed as laughing stock by the establishment and their pet media (Spitting Image had a weekly subshow devoted to having a go at him) but turned out to be the most successful and popular* US president of the last fifty years.

* Becoming popular because you were assassinated doesn't count.

HOLA446
40 minutes ago, 200p said:

I'm still trying to find some answers on this new President, and trying to be neutral and objective where possible, and not letting hate and emotions take over. Our minds are closed and are less productive when hate and fear cloud us... But will all the hate turn into love? This is one of the greatest birth pangs we have witnessed in history. If it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else; the pendulum always returns.

We will see fortunes made, (and fortunes lost). May we live in interesting times.

Some sensible policies and some lunatic nonsense. He won't be as good as half of them hope, and he won't be as bad the other half fear.

HOLA447
19 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Isn't he another Reagan?

Ronald Reagan was equally lampooned and portrayed as laughing stock by the establishment and their pet media (Spitting Image had a weekly subshow devoted to having a go at him) but turned out to be the most successful and popular* US president of the last fifty years.

* Becoming popular because you were assassinated doesn't count.

Yes.  I think he'll be another Reagan.

And IMO Obama will be considered another Carter... Which is ironic, because Carter's mandate was to 'clean up Washington'.  Funny, huh.

HOLA448
HOLA449

It's time to move on

They wanted to move on from the financial crisis of 2008. Banks should no longer be demonised, I can't quote the Barclays chief, but he said the time was right to move on (whether your like it on not). A crack up boom is baked into the cake. We've seen various legislative changes to encourage the green shots to grow (when have you last heard about that). For example, allowing people to withdraw their pensions as a lump sum, allowing risky junior companies into your ISA account, and increasing the ISA allowance.

I will be expecting more publicly known figures to go into office in the future. Memes won the election - people relate more to well known figures, than actual politicians. Schwarzenegger for President one day? I wouldn't rule it out (legally he cannot, but it could be changed, probably).

This is a great experiment that we are part of.

HOLA4410

Yes, I think there are quite a few parallels with Reagan, eg, both with long non-political careers before taking office, both  relatively old and therefore not needing to go into politics for financial gain, both willing to stand up to existential threats to the western way of life (eg Reagan's famous 'evil Empire' speech about Russia). The appeasing attitude of the left and the 'snowflakes' towards radical Islam is eerily similar to its attitude towards Soviet communism before the fall of the USSR. 

Where they differ I think is that Reagan had considerable personal charm and was an old fashioned, east-coast-old money episcopalian type of gentleman, or at least appeared to be; Trump seems far more brash and 80s new money to me; not that it particularly matters, but it's partly a reason I think why the old school liberal/left establishment in the US hate him. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
22 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Where they differ I think is that Reagan had considerable personal charm and was an old fashioned, east-coast-old money episcopalian type of gentleman, or at least appeared to be; Trump seems far more brash and 80s new money to me; not that it particularly matters, but it's partly a reason I think why the old school liberal/left establishment in the US hate him. 

I've not met him, but apparently Trump has considerable personal charm/charisma. Face to face he impresses (favourably) virtually everyone who comes into contact with him.

HOLA4413
15 minutes ago, shindigger said:

I think he will try to do whats right for Joe 6 pack.

I also think he will get shot eventually.

People have completely lost their minds.

Errol, you are probably right - you don't get to where Trump is without charm. I think what's changed is that the modern media, with digital film and photography, is able to manipulate how Trump appears in a way that was not so easily done in Reagan's era. (eg, all the pictures of him snarling etc, which anybody with any knowledge of photography knows can be done very easily). So it's more about how Trump is perceived, I think. 

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, 200p said:

I think there are greater powers at work here, that we don't fully understand. I keep returning to this. Imagine you are Trump, you're 70. You have more money and power than you could ever need - why stick your head above the parapet, unless he was asked to. Why risk your life, and your family?

He strikes me as someone who likes a challenge, and pulling the worlds biggest economy back from  the abyss is about as a big as it gets.

Its interesting to look at what hes done as P-elect and president:

Signed over all his business interests to a trust fund.

Issued a load of fairly far reaching executive orders on day 1.

Met with USs top execs and read them the riot act WRT offshoring.

It all smacks of someone with a mission (even if we dont know exactly what that mission is), and it demonstrates at least so far for Trump becoming president was a means to and end and not the end itself.

I'm really seeing a clear difference between Trump and other recent presidents - they got into power and then their only concern was staying in, trump is there to get something done (whether not we like what that something is). Kind reminds me of thatcher.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
13 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Errol, you are probably right - you don't get to where Trump is without charm. I think what's changed is that the modern media, with digital film and photography, is able to manipulate how Trump appears in a way that was not so easily done in Reagan's era. (eg, all the pictures of him snarling etc, which anybody with any knowledge of photography knows can be done very easily). So it's more about how Trump is perceived, I think. 

No. It'll be more about Trump calling shenanigans on China and its supposed free trade.

Im expect China to respond by refusing to buy a countries debt, probably he UKs.

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, 200p said:

Imo it was part of his long term plan.

First up is an interview with him in 1980. Why the ??? would an interviewer be asking him about the presidency? How many other tycoons/celebrities of a similar age got asked that question? Could it be a planted question? Was becoming POTUS his endgame or is his endgame what he wants to achieve as POTUS?

HOLA4418

I don't see any way the haters could ever change their minds about him. Its part of their reptile brains. Nothing rational could ever change it. Also, not really expecting him to achieve miracles, but even if he turns out great, he's always going to be against the values that the sjw's hold dear, so they will still feel justified in hating him. Could win again of course. Be great if Hilary stood against him again.

HOLA4419
16 minutes ago, Steppenpig said:

I don't see any way the haters could ever change their minds about him. Its part of their reptile brains. Nothing rational could ever change it. Also, not really expecting him to achieve miracles, but even if he turns out great, he's always going to be against the values that the sjw's hold dear, so they will still feel justified in hating him. Could win again of course. Be great if Hilary stood against him again.

It isn't about the haters -- they're going to hate whatever.

It is about turning those in the traditional right who only voted for him to stop Clinton.  And it is about the middle ground, who remain to be convinced.

HOLA4420
5 hours ago, 200p said:

He likes power - like a lot of rich people - and now gets to have his name forever down in history as President of the United States.

It's pretty basic IMO. 

I also think as others have said he may actually want to get in there and make a real difference - whether his plan is any good or not. 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

He likes power - like a lot of rich people

possibly assassinated  

At 70 perhaps there is a legacy he does want history to remember him by?  Perhaps he'll give away all his fortune at some point just when all the haters reach a crescendo.

---

The stock indices have been roaring.

image.png

HOLA4423

I'll throw this in here for my personal record, which I think is explaining what is going on (I hope you don't mind me lifting this from another thread hotairmail).

7 hours ago, hotairmail said:

......Tories for the landowners and the Liberal Whigs representing international capital.

I.e. each party has their own group in the 'factors of production'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factors_of_production

That is how it started but now we seem to have drifted far from this structure representing public sector, or SJW's, banks etc.

This is the elite power battle that we are witnessing today across the globe. We are just small pawns in it. Forget the SJW Vs Alt Right spats, that's just a side show.

I think this is the purpose of this thread:

Mr Trump has been asked to represent the landowners. Without productive land, the land is valueless. This is the greatest challenge yet for him that he has been asked to undertake, or wants to undertake for himself.

Soros represents international capital, without free movement (and thus ability to exchange), the capital is valueless.

This is the greatest battle behind closed doors, that we have witnessed. Brexit, Trump, the EU. It's all connected. The bad news is that both extreme left and right would drop you if you do not fit their agendas, as the little individual.

Can we assume all Royal Monarchs in the globe back the landowners, and thus populism is a ruse?

Bat-signal_1989_film.jpg

^The Mexico Wall is a symbolic calling signal to landowners, all over

The building of the Mexico wall whether or not it will be effective, is more of a calling-signal to fellow landowners all over the world. What is the first thing a landowner does, once land is acquired? They build a fence or wall to protect their asset. This instantly passively adds value and tells other people the asset paper property rights is backed by force.

So what does this mean for the HPCer individual with little capital, that wants to buy a house? The extreme left and extreme right won't be the answer. For the left, it abhors ownership - you're going to have to apply to help to buy. Or everyone is renting through benefit top ups. For the right, you are competing against the landowners - without starting vital, no chance. However there must be a sweet spot in the pendulum swing between the left and right, as we have been there before in history.

HOLA4424

Already the landowners can be characterised:

-Not articulate

-Clever

-Old Money

-Brash

-Protective

International Capital

-Powerful Communicators

-Not loyal

-New Money

-Open

-All Embracing

What they have in common

-Power consolidators and monopolisers

-Both are rent seeking

---

Which makes the UK a great place for both types to co-exist haha

HOLA4425

Back Door for Kissinger Geopolitics

Left

Global Capital

Soros, Clintons, Rockerfeller

Middle Steering B1lderberg Steering person

K1ssinger

Right

Landowners

Royality?

Trump

---

Speculation amongst those following the money behind these two polarized political camps posit a Hatfield versus McCoy inner power struggle within the global elite currently taking place between the Clinton-Bush-Obama crowd backed by the Rothschild cartel and a Trump-Netanyahu/Sheldon Adelson-Kissinger-soft countercoup merger supported by the Rockefeller cabal, and that the real powerline story here might be the Rothschild versus the Rockefeller feud competing and vying for increased power and control at the expense of the other.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/divided-nation-president-trump-declares-war-on-ruling-elite-as-media-and-protesters-declare-war-on-him/5570449

Archived