House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Incapacity Benefit

Where are all the spare jobs? definitely not round here! Moving a massive % of the population into the workforce requires jobs or am I missing something. Will this move push up unemployment and push down productivity even further?

By the way, called out BT today and guess what - all the engineers were Polish (and v good!!!!). Think they were sub-contracted.

Gruff

Where are all the spare jobs? definitely not round here! Moving a massive % of the population into the workforce requires jobs or am I missing something. Will this move push up unemployment and push down productivity even further?

This is what I thought. What will the Government actually gain? Or is it just spin as it is becoming increasing more difficult to hide the truth?

Does job seekers allowance pay less than the average incapacity benefit payment? Hence less financial burden on the Government?

Oh well, back to predicting a House Price Crash...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4641588.stm

More severely disabled people will receive a higher rate of benefit and have no obligation to look for work.

I wonder if this is all smoke and mirrors? Pay more benefits but pretend to be implementing a tough policy. A few days ago New Labour anounced a clamp down on prostitution - the only substance i their proposals being to allow prostitutes to work from shared premises. Is there a pattern here?

I hear Campbell's back on the scene.................

And how about those civil service job cuts - has anything come of that yet?

Edited by gruffydd

Have they formed a working party, supported by a consulting firm, to draw up a timetable for consideration of the issues? No, they haven't even done that little.

By the way, called out BT today and guess what - all the engineers were Polish (and v good!!!!). Think they were sub-contracted.

Gruff

I heard the govt were going to create 10,000 new mental health professionals to help those poor depressed people find work. Wait a minute... why dont they employ those on benifits to be the councillers... a kind of perpetual [benifits] machine. (In soviet russia they use to employ people to plant trees and employ others to dig them up)

It doesnt matter what we do we are all fish swimming aimlessly in a small bowl. Employment is a concept, only health is of true consequence.

I hear Campbell's back on the scene.................

I don't think you're supposed to ask that, we've moved on now in the "We're doing things" department.

Joking aside I saw some reference somewhere, maybe here, to the effect that not much yet apart from the fact that the unit set up to look into this had asked for more employees in order to undertake the task.

It might be the "Efficiency Unit" but I'm not sure.

I'm not holding my breath, looking at all the proposed leglislation around.

Still lot of "Targets" to be set, measured and evaluated.

Set, manipulated and evaluated?

Set, FAILED, manipulated then evaluated.

Gruff

then the question must be "are there jobs out there that no one can fill?"

and point two..

no I have only the first point..

"Help people get back to work"

Well genius blair.. are there jobs out there that never fill..

Or are there exactly the number of jobs to the number of people..

That couldn't work..

you would have to vreate them.. in the public sector..

Say employ another 80,000 to education but only 10,000 teachers..

sorry.. I was trying to think of a way that it could work.. but my only idea was stupid..

Say employ another 80,000 to education but only 10,000 teachers..

sorry.. I was trying to think of a way that it could work.. but my only idea was stupid..

I wouldn't be surprised to see an expansion of Teaching Assistant vacancies to provide some of the jobs.

Not an 8 hour day for them, not a full year and the Government could do the "Very useful job helping the next generation" line.

Schools remember are everywhere, even where jobs are tight and many people live near to schools.

Edited by Mushroom

This is what I thought. What will the Government actually gain? Or is it just spin as it is becoming increasing more difficult to hide the truth?

Does job seekers allowance pay less than the average incapacity benefit payment? Hence less financial burden on the Government?

Oh well, back to predicting a House Price Crash...

last time, I looked about a year or so ago, it was £75 a week for incapacity benefit and £55 for jobseekers allowance (for single person over 25)

On this subject, a professional woman 'Expert' was interviewed on the tv today. She said the Gov figure for the estimated fraudulant / work shy unemployed were 0.5%.

Guest muttley

I wonder if this is all smoke and mirrors? Pay more benefits but pretend to be implementing a tough policy. A few days ago New Labour anounced a clamp down on prostitution - the only substance i their proposals being to allow prostitutes to work from shared premises. Is there a pattern here?

So all New Labour have to do is to re-employ those claiming incapacity benefit as prostitutes?

Sorted.

So all New Labour have to do is to re-employ those claiming incapacity benefit as prostitutes?

Sorted.

And if they can flip burgers while doing it, they've got their pension ;)

I can see a new multi-tasking college course being planned........

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Have they formed a working party, supported by a consulting firm, to draw up a timetable for consideration of the issues? No, they haven't even done that little.

They can't form the working party or hire the expensive management consultants until there have been some some fact-finding missions and appraisals of the current human capital. THEN they can go though a focus group, steering group, and select committees, before the working party implements the proposals. :lol:

Gruff

disability allowance here in ireland is 165euro per week plus 165 euro per week private rent allowance.the single mothers etc get this renta allowance too and priavte landlords make a fortune out of government.

disability allowance here in ireland is 165euro per week plus 165 euro per week private rent allowance.the single mothers etc get this renta allowance too and priavte landlords make a fortune out of government.

I am sure that should read "out of taxpayers"!

Edited by erd

Gruff

They;ll need more security staff for this:-

Security services and police to get UK air passenger details in advance

· 40m on domestic flights and ferries affected

· Law will facilitate scrutiny of terror suspects

The Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1693453,00.html

The Guardian

Bit like a perpetual motion machine.

10 Pick fights with other nations, peoples and religions

20 Employ people to wage war on other nations, peoples and religions

30 Employ people to provide security to protect against retaliation from other nations, peoples and religions

40 goto 10

Of course there will be an update to change the word fight for disagree, war with aggressive diplomacy and retaliation for terrorism.

The Guardian

Interesting one this. Yes, because of intense "electronic" monitoring, those who wish to engage in criminal activities of many kinds are having to resort to older fashioned methods of communication. Mail can easily be intercepted too so verbal links have become important. This means travel.

However Governments in power would like to know much more. For instance, how useful to know where members of Opposition Parties are going and maybe whom they are meeting. Likewise with members of Foreign Government Diplomatic Missions.

Then, Governments like to keep abreast of commercial activities by some, especially foreign owned companies.

How very very convenient and much easier than having to follow people as before.

Isn't moden technology wonderful. So liberating.

The future?

Add in ID cards and "energy" problems and so easy to restrict travel to "officially" sanctioned individuals.

Once all cars are fitted with the technology it will be easy for your car to be "officially" controlled.

"Sorry Mushroom, I'm not allowed to start as your trip to see your Aunt is not considered economically productive".

Was there not a saying in WW2 "Is your journey really necessary?".

Might not be long before you won't decide.