House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Airbnb pop up brothels....

A moron my partner works with is trying to get more cash from his iladvised btl.

He tried bandb. now its airbnb.

Theres quite a lot of 'mother' in foreign land sending their 18  yo 'daughter'  to meet her english 'boyfriend'.

1 hour ago, regprentice said:

How do they make sure the owner isnt there....i understood most airbnbs were more like lodging in the owners home as opposed to letting out a full property?

Nah, it's been pretty much captured by the professionals or wannabes letting out entire flats/houses nowadays. 

"Today, landlords, Airbnb owners and ordinary families who rent out a second home in lieu of a pension, rely almost exclusively on the internet or agents to market and rent out their properties."

:P

There have been lots down here; the motivation seems to be that it is less hassle than having a permanent base: less complaints from the neighbours, keep your own home separate.

The police were on the radio and they don't shut them down. They check the workers are not being made to work (interview them separately, check they have their passport) and if they're happy leave them to it.

What closes them down is that the police are required to inform the owner what their property is being used for and then the owner will throw them out.

The spin put upon "pop-up brothels" by the press is that their transient nature is so that they can stay one step ahead of the police; when the reality is that once the police are assured that no exploitation / forced prostitution is occurring then they have no problem with their continuing to operate.

I didn't know Frank lived in the Prostitute Capitol of the West.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I didn't know Frank lived in the Prostitute Capitol of the West.

Everybody deserves a holiday!

I walked down a nearby street last month, in place of the usual rusty Puntos and Renaults were several speaking new prestige models.

Hmmm, thought I.

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I walked down a nearby street last month, in place of the usual rusty Puntos and Renaults were several speaking new prestige models.

Hmmm, thought I.

As long  as you "use" the "ladies of the night" in a tax efficient way, you are THE MAN!

1 minute ago, happy_renting said:

Once Uber gets it's automated self-driving hire cars working, they will be used as mobile knocking shops.

They already do that in Paris. Street hooker calls a van type taxi which drives you round Paris for half an hour - according to French TV.

12 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Once Uber gets it's automated self-driving hire cars working, they will be used as mobile knocking shops.

There is a joke there to be had!

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hmmm, thought I.

Maybe my 20 year old Lexus might pull some fanny?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142866/amp/German-taxman-gives-sex-workers-break-slashing-VAT.html

Hiring a sex worker in Germany is now cheaper after ministers cut VAT on hotel rooms.

People who rent rooms in hotels for half an hour or an hour will no longer have to pay the seven per cent VAT rate after ministers decided it no longer constitutes as 'lodging'.

1 hour ago, interestrateripoff said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142866/amp/German-taxman-gives-sex-workers-break-slashing-VAT.html

Hiring a sex worker in Germany is now cheaper after ministers cut VAT on hotel rooms.

People who rent rooms in hotels for half an hour or an hour will no longer have to pay the seven per cent VAT rate after ministers decided it no longer constitutes as 'lodging'.

I suppose it depends on what you're lodging and where you're lodging it.