House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tabasco kid

Bonnie Greer

Has anybody seen/read any of Playwright Bonnie Greer's plays? Her TV profile tends to suggest that her plays must have some real substance about them. Just wondered if they are any good?

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have to turn off the TV when she turns up on stuff such as the Sky News paper review. She is much loved by the UK luvvie establishment methinks.

She's also on my list.

A list that is lengthening by the day.

Her full time job has always seemed to be telling various BBC presenters what they want to hear. 

Seems to have earned her an OBE and a career as something of a quango queen.

I suspect the Beeb would claim her insight into US culture is valuable yet she appears to have lived here for donkey's years.

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, her plays are all about the experiences of black women so don't have any resonance for me.

Though I understand that Mr Pin is a fan ;)

MrPin's experiences of a black woman would not make much of a play.

Never heard of her.

A black merkin womans opinions on black english is about the same as mine as a northern white bloke, actually less as my cousin is married to a half caribbean leeds girl. So ive probably spent more time with black/blackish brits than bonnie.

Her claim to fame seems to be all of her appearances on BBC art type shows, not on any substance.  I have never heard anyone discussing any of her work.  So she is far from even a mid level playing right.

She knows which side her bread is buttered though.  She would be a total non entity in the US, but here people (BBC TV bookers at least) take her seriously,  Why?  With the internet you can find out instantly what people on the ground think, no need to have it filtered by someone who has been here for at least 30 years!!