House Price Crash Forum

The Big I've just let a Trump Rip Thread - economic visionary or economic decline

interestrateripoff

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will caveat the above by saying that if Trump manages to give power back to the Working/Middle Classes, return jobs and tackle the problems that Globalisation and increasing Technologisation are throwing up for our economy, then all credit to him.

But the belief that Trump will overthrown the Elites - maybe it will come true, but given his first orders have been to give out jobs and power to his friends and family (so building the next Elite to rage against?), and his next will be to slice taxes for the wealthiest, this seems quite optimistic or at worst naive.

I concede that he has been elected because of deep rooted problems that existing politicians have lacked the sufficient ability to tackle - however he seems the typical strongman that people look to when desperate for a quick 'daddy-will-fix-it' solution rather than having any of the ideas or radical thinking needed to truly fix problems.

The Racism and Sexism?  It's pretty unpleasant but wouldn't rule out a candidate for me, I doubt he will be bringing these personal qualities to the job - it's more evaluating their capacity, judgement and policies.

Perhaps it is my age but can someone point out why people think him racist or sexist?

i know there was a spur of the moment statement about banning Muslim immigration in the aftermath of yet another Islamic terrorist incident. To be honest I would want someone to explore all possibilities to safeguard the people. Just imagine it was your child that were gunned down or blown to bits. 

I know there was some comment about grabbing pussy made in private. If every such statement made by somebody in private were considered then we would all be guilty. Certainly when I was younger and out with my mates any number of comments were made along the lines if Cor, I'd give her one!

i think there is a lot of stuff made up about Trump and the MSM are obviously out to get him. I'm sick of the stays quo so good luck to him I say.

5 hours ago, Bulltulip said:

Perhaps it is my age but can someone point out why people think him racist or sexist?

i know there was a spur of the moment statement about banning Muslim immigration in the aftermath of yet another Islamic terrorist incident. To be honest I would want someone to explore all possibilities to safeguard the people. Just imagine it was your child that were gunned down or blown to bits. 

I know there was some comment about grabbing pussy made in private. If every such statement made by somebody in private were considered then we would all be guilty. Certainly when I was younger and out with my mates any number of comments were made along the lines if Cor, I'd give her one!

i think there is a lot of stuff made up about Trump and the MSM are obviously out to get him. I'm sick of the stays quo so good luck to him I say.

+many

19 hours ago, nightowl said:

Another thing the MSM dont mention is his dislike of the super-sensitive-snowflake-in-their-safe-zone-SJWs (sorry I don't know how else to describe this group) and how the public are tired of it and he represents the start of the end of it (this might be a very US issue than ours).

He's a pretty sensitive snowflake himself, as they go.

20 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

Trump is like the original Narcissist. He's in this for the glory, nothing more. He's a member of the elite just a different flavour. Millions of people are going to be disappointed.

I give it 6 months.

Apparently his type of elite is better than the elite we've had so far.

The Cost Of Regulatory Compliance: $20,000 For Every American Worker

regul%20cost%20teaser.jpg

Annual regulatory compliance and economic impact costs amount to $1.8 trillion, which is roughly equal to all personal and corporate income tax collections. This is equivalent to roughly $20,000 per employee for all US firms, and $30,000 per full-time employee for small firms.

I wonder what the cost is for not complying with regulations is in terms of business costs with consumers suing, workers suing for accidents etc...

Trump to company executives: We think we can cut regulations by 75 percent

WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump told leaders of companies ranging from defence manufacturer Lockheed Martin Corp to sportswear apparel maker Under Armour Inc on Monday that he believed his administration could cut U.S. regulations governing companies by 75 percent or more.

6 hours ago, Bugger BTL said:

He's a pretty sensitive snowflake himself, as they go.

He stood up to a good roasting by Obama at a dinner in 2011 (poker faced did not say a word which was the correct thing to do). 

I think he is angry and quite rightly so. 

I can't be sure if he is the real or not? But I hope he is and this isn't just another trick.

So Russia seems to be carefully manipulating narratives around trump to I assume destabilize/ wear away the US.  Nothing new but Putin has maybe stepped it up a notch?  

And yes does seem refreshing that Trump has arrived.  However if he's out to replace the "elites then not sure if the replacement is going to be any good.. There won't be a vacuum anyway, and going by his cabinet choices they do seem a bit out there, what with the anti-science picks etc.

It is interesting that he has made it as an independent and obviously has some major chps on his shoulder.  Likewise he is quick to anger and can come across slightly spoilt rich kid throwing his toys out with the bath water.  Definitely entertaining popcorn wise!

As somebody points out above at least the fabricated lies should be easier to see through but I do agree that it seems more closely aligned to Putin's style of creating a dictatorial narrative (as opposed to the softer/ more flexible one? we're used to in the west).

10 minutes ago, Dogtanian said:

So Russia seems to be carefully manipulating narratives around trump to I assume destabilize/ wear away the US.  Nothing new but Putin has maybe stepped it up a notch?  

And yes does seem refreshing that Trump has arrived.  However if he's out to replace the "elites then not sure if the replacement is going to be any good.. There won't be a vacuum anyway, and going by his cabinet choices they do seem a bit out there, what with the anti-science picks etc.

It is interesting that he has made it as an independent and obviously has some major chps on his shoulder.  Likewise he is quick to anger and can come across slightly spoilt rich kid throwing his toys out with the bath water.  Definitely entertaining popcorn wise!

As somebody points out above at least the fabricated lies should be easier to see through but I do agree that it seems more closely aligned to Putin's style of creating a dictatorial narrative (as opposed to the softer/ more flexible one? we're used to in the west).

You waht?

Thin skinned, THIN SKINNED! He's had to put up with a wall of $hit for the last 18 months. Small hands, big hair, orange face, small c0ck, tax evader, sex pest, serial groper, racist, Nazi, KKK, pictures of his wife naked, outrageous media bias, etc etc....

And he's thin skinned, THIN SKINNED... do me a favour! :lol:

4 hours ago, XswampyX said:

You waht?

Thin skinned, THIN SKINNED! He's had to put up with a wall of $hit for the last 18 months. Small hands, big hair, orange face, small c0ck, tax evader, sex pest, serial groper, racist, Nazi, KKK, pictures of his wife naked, outrageous media bias, etc etc....

And he's thin skinned, THIN SKINNED... do me a favour! :lol:

Bit of truth in the no smoke without fire yes

Honestly I'm not sure how it will pan out as nobody is but I'm definitely not writing him off like what the vast majority seem to be with many of those ilks you've noted.

The general public believe that he has admitted he sexually assaulted women due to that private bus conversation.

If you actually read the transcript he said "Allow" which means to authorise or give permission to. These people don't understand basic English. They're basically brainwashed idiots. Whether you like Trump or not. 

He clearly has the odd hissy fit about various things. But to say he's a snowflake or thin skinned is quite honestly embarrassing. 

You clearly haven't seen this. These are the 'best' bits. The show lasted 90 minutes. 

In interviews after this a number of those taking part who organised it state he had only one off limits area -  his wealth. Apart from that everything was open to ridicule.

One person even made a joke about him wanting to ****** his own daughter.

Thin skinned. Snowflake. Wow. :lol:

This sort of thing shows just how good the media brainwashing has been. Bravo to them.