Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Surrey County Council propose 15% council tax rise

Recommended Posts

To be put to a referendum. Which presumably 80% will vote against.

It's not going to happen. Who the hell will vote for this?

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, moneyfornothing said:

it will be a choice between that and a 5% rise -- see what they did there ..

Aww do you think it will be yes no on 15% to generate political point with fallback to default 2% + the social care bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Errol said:

To be put to a referendum. Which presumably 80% will vote against.

It's not going to happen. Who the hell will vote for this?

All the old people....who tend to vote....forcing more tax on the young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a resident of Surrey they can 100% f;uck off.  This is the NIMBY capital of the UK where young people are basically screwed.  

Why should we pay their care home fees out of our wages when they are mostly sitting on huge unearned HPI gains?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Errol said:

To be put to a referendum. Which presumably 80% will vote against.

It's not going to happen. Who the hell will vote for this?

People getting council tax benefit and council workers and people with council pensions,in my area over half the voters.The good thing is most wouldnt bother to vote,but it does show what happens when over half get free money.

0.25% interest rates,15% increases in costs,hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On LBC tonight Clive Bull had a full hour discussing the 15% hike.

At no point (that i heard) did anyone suggest the use of all that unearned housing wealth coming first.

And then, quite fittingly, they had the Property Hour, where 25 year old London based wage slaves, ring in to find out how thay can bull-shyte their way in to a shared ownership leasehold rabbit hutch.

Its beyond ******ed. And im not sure the youngers really realise how much they are being played.

Theyll just be happy carpping against Brexit and Trump, yeah thatll do it....

Bell ends to the left and right.

Edited by shindigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very disturbed by some of these ageist and incite full comments. 

some day you will be a wrinkly too. I think the website needs  to censor some of the comments. 

Social care includes disabled , those with learning difficulties as well as older people. Also young people who may be disabled for a while following an accident. 

it reflects the type of society we want to engender. One where the toughest win and the vulnerable are seen as a waste of resources. I personally want a society where all are accepted whatever. 

This polarisation is just what governments want and blames the vulnerable for the inequalities in society. Plus if people have money in houses, it's the bankers and governments that manipulated the housing situation. 

When the crash comes then maybe you can blame some other group. 

I have worked in social care for many years and if you met 'those' people you are criticising then your views may change. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atma said:

I am very disturbed by some of these ageist and incite full comments. 

some day you will be a wrinkly too. I think the website needs  to censor some of the comments. 

Social care includes disabled , those with learning difficulties as well as older people. Also young people who may be disabled for a while following an accident. 

it reflects the type of society we want to engender. One where the toughest win and the vulnerable are seen as a waste of resources. I personally want a society where all are accepted whatever. 

This polarisation is just what governments want and blames the vulnerable for the inequalities in society. Plus if people have money in houses, it's the bankers and governments that manipulated the housing situation. 

When the crash comes then maybe you can blame some other group. 

I have worked in social care for many years and if you met 'those' people you are criticising then your views may change. 

 

 

 

If you're having a pop at me, i am talking about older people who reside in the wealthiest county in the country.

People who in all probability, have children who dont involve themselves in their parents care to any great extent.

But who will be there for the inheritance when the time comes. Having METICULOUSLY planned to cop as much of that unearned wealth as possible.

Im 50, my 83 year old dad lives with me, i gave up a more than decent number in London to come back to the shires to look after him and he doesnt have enough in the bank to worry about any local government thresholds, so i do it because i love the old man.

I hope that meets with your approval.

At no point am i levelling any of my ire towards the disabled. You are seeing what you want to see.

Comprende??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, durhamborn said:

People getting council tax benefit and council workers and people with council pensions,in my area over half the voters.The good thing is most wouldnt bother to vote,but it does show what happens when over half get free money.

0.25% interest rates,15% increases in costs,hmm

Sky News had some slightly corpulent care home owner on saying how the increase was necessary because old age should be a golden age.

Also in the news, property developers says help to buy is essential because many young people can't afford homes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why social care at end of life cannot be like student finance.  

1. Allow care homes to charge what they like, so there's no shortage of places.  

2. Make alternatives to council social care unobtainable and unsupportable. 

3. Government should  pay 100% of fees demanded by providers,   via an "OAP Loan" secured on property. 

4. Allow HMRC to seize  pensions, property and assets to finance care. 

5. Call it a " care tax" to make it sound progressive and caring.

6. Make people with houses in Scotland exempt from "care tax."

Problem solved. 

 

Edited by ingermany
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 200p said:

A good care home costs £500 per week to live in, that's £26,000 for just one year.

All I could find for my mother was £1,100 a week. there was one at £750 but I couldn't have put her there.

Thankfully, she only needed 4 weeks.

 

Edited by LiveinHope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a post of twitter saying the chief exec gets paid £215K a year !!!!

Drop that to £65K and the savign will cover 700 famillies increase.

Do that across the board and the care funding has been found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LiveinHope said:

All I could find for my mother was £1,100 a week. there was one at £750 but I couldn't have put her there.

Thankfully, she only needed 4 weeks.

 

What a said state of affairs that society in the UK has got to the point when parasites are living off old/dying people.

People should be cared for, wither by families or the state,  parasites should be hung out to dry.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   108 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.