House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

9 YEARS on the market !!!

This place looks like it's been up for sale for 9 years now !!!!  Im sure someone will be along any time to buy it.

This must be some kind of record!!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18139463.html

7/06/2015,    

Status changed: from 'null' to 'Available' 

17/01/2015,    

Price changed: Offers in Excess of Over £295,000  

27/11/2012,    

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'null' 

31/01/2012,    

Brief Description changed: WELL ESTABLISHED B&B: B&B. Substantial Mid Terraced Period Villa. Ideally situated close to the centre of Oban. Beautifully presented, it has retained BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED and well-maintained throughout, Gramarvin forms retains many of its original features. This property could make an exceptionally features and presents a substantial mid terraced period villa ideally most comfortable family home home.  

17/09/2010,    

Brief Description changed: WELL ESTABLISHED B&B: Gramarvin forms a substantial mid terraced period villa ideally situated close to the centre of Oban. Beautifully presented, it has retained many of its original features. Currently a well established Bed and Breakfast business this This property could make an exceptionally comfortable family home. home  

16/09/2010,    

Brief Description changed: Gramarvin forms a substantial mid terraced period villa ideally situated close to the centre of Oban. Beautifully presented, it has retained many of its original features. This Currently a well established Bed and Breakfast business this property could make an exceptionally comfortable family home home.  

30/04/2010,    

Brief Description changed: WELL ESTABLISHED B&B: Gramarvin forms a substantial mid terraced period villa ideally situated close to the centre of Oban. Beautifully presented, it has retained many of its original features. Currently a well established Bed and Breakfast business this This property could make an exceptionally comfortable family home. home  

25/11/2009,    

Price changed: £300,000 (Fixed Price) Offers in Excess of £295,000  

13/12/2008,    

Subtitle changed: 7 bedroom terraced house  

09/06/2008,    

Price changed: Offers Over £295,000 £300,000 (Fixed Price)  

13/04/2008,    

Price changed: Offers in Excess of £275,000 Over £295,000  

03/03/2008,    

Initial entry found. 

I stayed in oban in enjoyed it very much. Took the ferry to tobermoray to see the 'ballymoray' village etc. Nothing wrong with oban at all....but i stayed in a 2 bed newbuild 'holiday cottage' for a dirt cheap price for the week (iirc somewhere between £200 and £250 outwith school holidays) . not only would i not want to stay in a b and b i would expect it would be markedly more expensive that 35 quid a night for 4 people. 

3 hours ago, regprentice said:

I stayed in oban in enjoyed it very much. Took the ferry to tobermoray to see the 'ballymoray' village etc. Nothing wrong with oban at all....but i stayed in a 2 bed newbuild 'holiday cottage' for a dirt cheap price for the week (iirc somewhere between £200 and £250 outwith school holidays) . not only would i not want to stay in a b and b i would expect it would be markedly more expensive that 35 quid a night for 4 people. 

Not a fan of bnb's either for the owner or the guests prospective.

Seems like good value, the town looks really nice, except for the fact that there is probably almost zero economic activity there outside of farming, tourism and some any public service that has to be there.

Edited by reddog

Went to Oban a couple of years ago, really nice break for a long weekend, not too far from Glasgow airport. Can't remember the name but there was a hotel doing the rounds at country fairs offering weekend/long weekend deals, was good value.

In my experience Oban is either so busy that is difficult to obtain accommodation or so quiet it is difficult to find an eatery open at lunch time. Ok I exaggerate a little but we were the only customers in one once. Seriously only the ferry keeps people in Oban otherwise they would quickly head out on a ferry or further up the coast.

i live near oban. its a nice part of the world, next door to that b&b is another b&b with big wooden viking statue in the garden for years, so they photos are years old. its busy for 6 months of the year then completly dead, even the locals leave in the winter. 

I visit family in Oban several times a year and pretty much every b&b owner is looking to get out of the business all the time but is either just about able to keep the plates spinning or just unable to swallow a capital loss on the house if they were actually to price it to sell.