House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

FED Inflation report tops 2%

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-inflation-idUSKBN1521US

Fed Chair Janet Yellen suggested on Wednesday that she supported further rate increases.

"Waiting too long ... could risk a nasty surprise down the road - either too much inflation, financial instability, or both," Yellen said in remarks prepared for delivery to the Commonwealth Club of California in San Francisco.

The FED has already forecast 3 x rises this year I believe?

9 minutes ago, BearlyBegun said:

Fed Chair Janet Yellen suggested on Wednesday that she supported further rate increases.

"Waiting too long ... could risk a nasty surprise down the road - either too much inflation, financial instability, or both," Yellen said in remarks prepared for delivery to the Commonwealth Club of California in San Francisco.

Might be 6 now.

Things could move quite quickly.  I suspect May has been filled in on exactly what is about to happen and been told what to do.

We are the 51st state of America.

If California is a left state, then Britain is a right state.

Babooom.

No doubt Mr Farage will meet with The Donald soon and negotiate "mates rates" for the UK , saving us the pain of rapid IR rises in the US  :D

17 minutes ago, Agentimmo said:

No doubt Mr Farage will meet with The Donald soon and negotiate "mates rates" for the UK , saving us the pain of rapid IR rises in the US  :D

When the US rates rise the UK £££ will plummet....the hungry and angry will force up rates pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, BearlyBegun said:

The Fed's three years behind the curve already.

Inflation... much.

polleit_aug19-graph_Page_1_Page_1.png

12 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The Fed's three years behind the curve already.

Inflation... much.

polleit_aug19-graph_Page_1_Page_1.png

I wonder how big the peak in rates will have to be to collapse the stock market,

We're due a BIG collapse.

I'm going to be watching inflation very closely this year. There's no way after all this time it will catch me out. Inflation to counter deflation - my ****. The money is spilling out of every country and every central bank at an increasingly silly speed.

AdamLancs how can it not catch you out? Everytime you go to the shops something will have gone up or been downsized so you are getting less for your money. Went the Dentists today £19.70 for a NHS checkup, Thats  up since last visit there was no alternative but to pay.

15 minutes ago, hughjass said:

AdamLancs how can it not catch you out? Everytime you go to the shops something will have gone up or been downsized so you are getting less for your money. Went the Dentists today £19.70 for a NHS checkup, Thats  up since last visit there was no alternative but to pay.

My dentist sacked the NHS off, last trip cost me £35 for a check-up & de-skank. The old NHS dentist my wife used destroyed her teeth for money by filling them to death and then put caps on with posts that were too short so they would always come loose.

All I'm pointing out is that £19.70 is almost at the point where there is an alternative as long as you don't live in the SE.

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When the US rates rise the UK £££ will plummet....the hungry and angry will force up rates pretty quickly.

Yes - and that is the sequence.  The UK PTB will keep rates low until it is too late.  They're not likely to be playing the front-running-the-market game.