House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANG

There is Something wrong in the state of Sandwell

Elect me, for I am a bent trougher!:huh:

3 hours ago, FANG said:

I can't believe some of the things that I am reading in this blog its pretty scandalous.

http://thesandwellskidder.blogspot.co.uk/

Its a wonder a few people ain't had their collars felt.

Are all local authorities like this? 

I recall how several members of Doncaster Council got jailed for corruption ('Donnygate'). I wasn't too surprised at the corruption, it's what happens when one party is permanently in power (especially Labour), but I was amazed that the people of Doncaster only went and re-elected Labour at the following election... 

3 hours ago, newbonic said:

but I was amazed that the people of Doncaster only went and re-elected Labour at the following election... 

What choice did they have? All that they could have changed is the faeces faces of the corrupt.

'First past the post' is the worst form of fake democracy, the only real democracy is something like the Swiss model where people vote directly on issues 4 times a year, can directly propose laws (that get voted on in a referendum) and have to approve any major spending of the local council in a referendum.