House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

House Price Mania

I've been doing the @HousePriceMania twitter account for 18 months or so now.

It's been pretty exhausting to be honest.

Not sure how many from here tune in, definitely a few so thanks for the support.

TheWig did his bit for a while and that was much appreciated.

I dont see where I can go with it now though, so I think i'm done with it (for) now.

Ive tried my best to get the insane house price meme into peoples mind ( via an annotated graph ) but it seems to have plateaued now with around 1550 followers

AFAICT no one wants to hear it, no one thinks prices will fall, prices only ever go up after all.  Not sure anyone is taking it seriously and it seems to me no matter what you say or who you contact you are ignored.

Politicians never interact ( although I would bet they are reading ) apart from the **** of a man (IMHO) who was the previous housing minister who made a sarcastic reply when I asked if he ever replied to tweets, considering his position ( that he no longer has ) he ( or his office ) should not have done that.

The bank of england ignore everything, not one peep from them.

The bankers dont like it up 'em and wont reply to me now, although they too must be getting the messages.

The current bubble prices seem to be unstoppable, nothing other than a total collapse in London will stop it now, but Carney the bubble man will just print more money and personally go out and buy houses with it  IMHO ( which oddly was a proposed Tory policy !!!! )

The BTL collapse is a possibility now, which is welcome, but do we really believe they will allow this ?  There's a budget in a few weeks, I could easily see another BTL prop in the pipeline from the man with the largest property portfolio in the government.

If anyone has any ideas of where to go with it or even if they want to take it over then send me a PM, maybe someone with some enthusiasm and fresh ideas where to go with it can improve it

It seems a shame to just delete it/shut it down.

The main positive I take from this experience is that I helped a little with BrExit...only to be confronted a few hours later with Carney stood in from of the British people telling them he was going to make 10's of BILLIONS of £££s available to protect the bankers was sickening.  His actions post referendum show that he will stop at nothing to protect his bubble, with is actually his reputation when you think about it.  The bubble goes, so does his career.  We are being punished so one mans ego can be massaged IMHO.  What a callous horrible little sh*te of man he must be.

Looking at the insane bubble that's spread out from London, there truly is a house price mania around the country, a portion of the UK population is hell bent on driving up prices to unimaginable levels.  Some people must be going all in thinking they will make a fortune.   It's sickening watching it every day.  We should not be here after the events of 2000-2007, this is what makes what is currently going on a callous act of criminality. On what planet is it okay for a political party to be sponsored by house builders then bring in a scheme gifting them 20% of a made up asking price that they themselves set.  How is this not fraud ?

I see many problems for the UK now and think I need to spend more time protecting my position than running this twitter feed.

I'm not sure I want the dogs abuse coming my way from scum bag BTLers when it does all collapse.  The couple of fairly sinister threats I've had are slightly worrying but I'm sure it's just some 16 year old nutter with nowt by time on their hands.

It's every man for himself time now :lol:

Please don't panic...Everything will be fine.  ( The CON slips out the door quietly panicking as he goes ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I don't blame you, the final straw for me was when I realised just what a large proportion of the none V.I. none property owning younger generation are so pro HPI and are willing to do whatever it takes to get themselves onto the fabled property ''ladder''

I ran an acount for a while until I was locked out - it was a parody pro HPI / Buy to let account. Great fun. That could be an alternative way to go?

But yeah, I understand your need to look after yourself! Do that. There's little point in trying to educate the masses really. Let them get on with it too - if they dont want to explore the other ops, fine by me. To get rid of the frustration, find your own way to make the most of the system as is.

2 hours ago, nome said:

I don't blame you, the final straw for me was when I realised just what a large proportion of the none V.I. none property owning younger generation are so pro HPI and are willing to do whatever it takes to get themselves onto the fabled property ''ladder''

This is probably what I find most frustrating about the current predicament. Why can't they see that we are being completely ******ed over!? I mean, it's both so conspicuous and brazen that they must be deliberately ignoring all evidence and logic.

1 hour ago, btl_hater said:

This is probably what I find most frustrating about the current predicament. Why can't they see that we are being completely ******ed over!? I mean, it's both so conspicuous and brazen that they must be deliberately ignoring all evidence and logic.

Maybe we're the ones not seeing.

Will see what happens this year but its over for me. Its been ten years or one thing after the other. The bankers will see us all ruined rather than take a hit. The collapse will eventually be spectacular...how that pans out for Joe blogs is the big unknown. 

14 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Maybe we're the ones not seeing.

Will see what happens this year but its over for me. Its been ten years or one thing after the other. The bankers will see us all ruined rather than take a hit. The collapse will eventually be spectacular...how that pans out for Joe blogs is the big unknown. 

In 2004 I thought it would be all over by 2008.

in 2008 I thought it would be all over by 2012.

In 2012 I thought it would be all over by 2016.

And now? HPC by 2020... if get 'lucky' and the economy collapses into bankruptcy again.

Oh my days.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

6 hours ago, zugzwang said:

And now? HPC by 2020... if get 'lucky' and the economy collapses into bankruptcy again.

Oh my days.

In roughly 2004 I saw the federal reserve paper on demographic drivers of housing markets via money supply. I concluded it would take until the 2030s to correct. I still think that. It's right so far.

10 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

The darkest hour is right before the dawn.

Unfortunately, the aphorism doesn't tell us how dark it will be before things turn around.

After a bit of think I've decided I'll just post the odd article on house prices on the @housepricemania twitter feed now, that should at least only take 5 mins a day.

12 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Oh my days.

in 2008 it was crashing

in 2009 it was being supported

in 2010 it was being supported

in 2011 it was being supported

in 2012 it was being supported

in 2013 it was being driven up deliberately

in 2014 it was being driven up deliberately

in 2015 it was being driven up deliberately

in 2016 the game changed.

If you look at the graph on the front page, prices in general still below "inflation" real world price, so savings/investment wise buying a house was not the right thing to do.

The big issue is now wealth protection and how desperate the bankers/politicians will get for your money.

I'm unsurprised by your feelings, Count.

I've been following things economic/political/geopolitical for a while now. I'm not sure if it's just my own feelings that are stronger than ever, but I do feel like the end game for the current financial system is very near.

Basic maths says that society cannot continue for much longer like this.

I'm hoping that more people are awakening to the fact that we are in many different ways, for example, being forced to borrow just to live which helps nobody but the banksters. Even as zero debt renter/savers we constantly monitor our spend and yet struggle more and more every month to put cash aside without considering having to return to the horrific corporate monster trough.

I want the necessary change, but the closer it gets, the uglier it looks because the current trend has been going on for so long.

Edited by Noallegiance
Spelling

7 hours ago, Si1 said:

In roughly 2004 I saw the federal reserve paper on demographic drivers of housing markets via money supply. I concluded it would take until the 2030s to correct. I still think that. It's right so far.

So you're saying......buy?!

36 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I'm hoping that more people are awakening to the fact that we are in many different ways, for example, being forced to borrow just to live which helps nobody but the banksters. Even as zero debt renter/savers we constantly monitor our spend and yet struggle more and more every month to put cash aside without considering having to return to the horrific corporate monster trough.

My experience too.  There's no escape from this monster.  It's legion.  Nobody has the money any more, outside of niches that appeal to boomers.  So many businesses are struggling, and have been for years now.  Yet house prices rise and rise.  I truly wish for economic armageddon now because I simply want something that I know what I am dealing with.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

7 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

I look at it this way.

If you buy...what are you going to achieve ?  

All you'll do is fund a boomers retirement or bail out a BTLer or give a banker a bonus.

Just leave.  Get out.  Or wait for a collapse.  

As the man says, the fundamentals have not changed, the only thing keeping this going is pure unadulterated criminality and fraud (IMHO) 

Arithmetic will eventually win out, the only problem being a massive collapse could wipe us all out.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I feel like my eye balls have been ripped from their sockets.

That's how dark it is.

Well, me too. Me too.  Yes, I emigrated but money is still tight (would have been tighter in the UK where I was bleeding money on a monthly basis).  Nothing is changing.  At this point, I genuinely, whole-heartedly, would feel relieved to start to see the beginnings of a bonafide, true collapse in world economies.  We need a new era.  I know people will say "you want war?", but I don't think it will come to that. I think it will be the best chance for future generations to actually fulfil basic human rights, like getting a place of your own, having kids in your 20s, that kind of thing.

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I look at it this way.

If you buy...what are you going to achieve ?  

All you'll do is fund a boomers retirement or bail out a BTLer or give a banker a bonus.

Just leave.  Get out.  Or wait for a collapse.  

As the man says, the fundamentals have not changed, the only thing keeping this going is pure unadulterated criminality and fraud (IMHO) 

Arithmetic will eventually win out, the only problem being a massive collapse could wipe us all out.

Again, I agree.  Buying just ensures you and your partner had better be in decent jobs for 15 years+, probably 25 years in a "is this the real life, or just fantasy?" economy where we don't know from one day to the next what is going on.  Not long ago, people could plan their lives. Now.....you must be joking.

4 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Again, I agree.  Buying just ensures you and your partner had better be in decent jobs for 15 years+, probably 25 years in a "is this the real life, or just fantasy?" economy where we don't know from one day to the next what is going on.  Not long ago, people could plan their lives. Now.....you must be joking.

We have little to loose by waiting now and much to gain

We have a LOT to loose by buying now, a LOT.

21 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

I really hope so.  My God, it's dark.

I aggree eventually arithmatic does have to hold out but intill it does this ruin lives this housing boom. The problem is I am very risk averse and I could buy with a smallish mortgage (about 1.5 times my salary) but I  think why should I have to settle for a small house in an poor area even though I am more than double the average salary. It used to be you worked hard got an education and worked hard in a good job and you will be rewarded. Now I am worse off than someone who was born just 10-15 years earlier who bunked off school and took a job as a <insert any poor paid jobe here>. Now I am effectively gambling my housing deposit on a currency, that doesn't please me at all.

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

We have little to loose by waiting now and much to gain

We have a LOT to loose by buying now, a LOT.

Things are so far gone, that it's far beyond merely housing now.  Look here > https://www.reddit.com/r/lostgeneration/

Today's youth have no chance.  They are the pan-handlers by the stream, looking for tiny specs of gold.  The gold has dried up.  The "lost generation" will not live lives anything as good as boomers did.  So many things are working against them. The entire system is geared to milk them as much as possible in return for as little as possible. 

15 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Things are so far gone, that it's far beyond merely housing now.  Look here > https://www.reddit.com/r/lostgeneration/

Today's youth have no chance.  They are the pan-handlers by the stream, looking for tiny specs of gold.  The gold has dried up.  The "lost generation" will not live lives anything as good as boomers did.  So many things are working against them. The entire system is geared to milk them as much as possible in return for as little as possible. 

See my thread on the boomers wanting more.

I didnt think I could get any angrier....Till today.

9 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

I'm saying don't try and time the market. Historically people always screw up timing markets. I'll buy when I see value and if I can, which may be next year or next decade but I'm not holding cash trying to time it.

Edited by Si1

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I'm saying don't try and time the market. Historically people always screw up timing markets. I'll buy when I see value and if I can, which may be next year or next decade but I'm not holding cash trying to time it.

This.

Lots of the troll tw@ts think that the forum is trying to time the market. That's a big part of what makes them ignorant troll tw@ts.

For me, I just want a fair fight, and failing that, a fairer fight.

For me, it will be time to buy when the great unwashed are talking openly about how smart they were to get out of buy-to-let when they did and there is a socially accepted disgust attached to buy-to-let. If that means there is never a time to buy, then so be it.