House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The greatest thread of all...The BTL running for the exit thread

https://www.property118.com/additional-licensing-proposal-bristol/

Bristol finally looking to regulate a bit of the renting market, £1660 for a 5 year license. Peanuts really in the big scheme of things but nice to see some comments from squealing LL's. Another potential cost to their 'business'.

"What on earth are they going to do when all of the LLs exit the market?"

Luke P

Consultation Survery here 

On 22/02/2018 at 2:01 PM, jimmyblueeyes said:

Luke P

have a mass sterilisation programme so the f*ckers don't reproduce?

12 hours ago, Will! said:

It's the perfect storm

Rising Interest rates

Magicked up cash drying up.

LIBOR on the way up

S24

taxation

Maintenance

London Collpasing

BrExit

Anyone with half a brain would not be holding DEBT right now.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

On 14/03/2018 at 12:44 AM, Beary McBearface said:

Bit odd that the data series in the Telegraph article peaks in Q1 2015 when section 24 wasn't announced until after the end of Q2 2015.

my first suspicion would be that at some stage in the publishing loop they f*cked the graph up a little bit

On 22/02/2018 at 2:01 PM, jimmyblueeyes said:

https://www.property118.com/additional-licensing-proposal-bristol/

Bristol finally looking to regulate a bit of the renting market, £1660 for a 5 year license. Peanuts really in the big scheme of things but nice to see some comments from squealing LL's. Another potential cost to their 'business'.

Luke P

Consultation Survery here 

You should post the link to the survey as a main topic so people looking at the main forum see it and respond.

Loving the comments in the Bristol link from the 118'ers. Complaining about the excessive fees, being used as "cash cows",  moaning the councils are just trying to scam them out of money in any way they can. This all sounds very familiar to me, ah yes thats it its what they have been doing to the tenants for years. Putting up rents wherever they can, stealing deposits, massive letting agent fees, cr*p conditions.  The shoe is now on the other foot, the worm has turned bla bla bla. 

I find it honestly hilarious that they think they are going to drum up sympathy for the poor landlords, because I doubt anyone, anywhere, has any. Especially not in Bristol.

Also- the things they are complaining about having to implement are BASIC things to implement when making money providing housing for human beings.

http://www.yourmortgage.co.uk/buy-to-let/almost-one-five-landlords-flood-market-380000-properties/

Up to 380,000 landlords are set to dump properties on the market over the coming year, according to research by the National Landlords Association (NLA).

Of the landlords who intend to sell property, the 45% of plan to let go of individual flats and apartments, while a third are looking to sell terraced homes

Lovely

4 minutes ago, Tapori said:

Excellent. So that's over 125,000 proper terraced houses. And over 170,000 flats. (I don't use the term "and apartments", because they are called flats in this country: this is not America).

Even better: those are just the landlords who are planning to sell. Many of the others aren't planning yet, because they are blissfully unaware of Section 24 and the other fax changes, and don't yet know that they are going to have to sell.

2 hours ago, mrtickle said:

Excellent. So that's over 125,000 proper terraced houses. And over 170,000 flats. (I don't use the term "and apartments", because they are called flats in this country: this is not America).

Even better: those are just the landlords who are planning to sell. Many of the others aren't planning yet, because they are blissfully unaware of Section 24 and the other fax changes, and don't yet know that they are going to have to sell.

Can't wait for the avalanche of inquiries to sell once the press start the panic in earnest when the markets are flooded with the these properties and the price correction feeds into the property reports about price etc

Feels good, can't lie.

7 hours ago, Tapori said:

Can't wait for the avalanche of inquiries to sell once the press start the panic in earnest when the markets are flooded with the these properties and the price correction feeds into the property reports about price etc

Feels good, can't lie.

The clever ones will be long gone, having cashed in their get out of jail card 18 months ago, while the thickos bask in the glow of there unearned untaxed un-relalizable profits.

The thing the people predicting a 19% ( or whatever ) rush to sell dont seem to be accounting for is knock on sentiment....that 19% rush to sell will panic man and it'll become 30/40/50% rush to sell.

Could be carnage.

Happy days.

P.S. I'm not posting much these days, just sitting back watching the carnage unfold, and unfolding it is.

9 hours ago, mrtickle said:

they are called flats in this country: this is not America

Reminds me of excellent Tony Hancock comedy sketch where he gets flat tyre. It's long before mobile phones and he goes into EA for help and says "I've got a flat in the High Street".

He can't get a word in edgeways after that and hilarity ensues as EA sees fresh meat and sucks him into the commission machine only for huge disappointment at the end when finally dawns on him

7 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

P.S. I'm not posting much these days, just sitting back watching the carnage unfold, and unfolding it is.

Good to see you back😊

2 minutes ago, janch said:

Good to see you back😊

Thanks Janch, much apprecaited.

After 10 years of this madness I have ( the now recognized condition)  House Price Crash fatigue

Suffice to say, I am still here, I'm still watching and I'm more convinced than ever that collapse is imminent.

The insanity is there for all to see, despite what debt owning BTLers, the VIs and EA spivs think.

9 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Reminds me of excellent Tony Hancock comedy sketch where he gets flat tyre. It's long before mobile phones and he goes into EA for help and says "I've got a flat in the High Street".

He can't get a word in edgeways after that and hilarity ensues as EA sees fresh meat and sucks him into the commission machine only for huge disappointment at the end when finally dawns on him

Haha! That's great, and I hadn't seen it. Thanks :)

On 17/05/2018 at 05:59, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The clever ones will be long gone, having cashed in their get out of jail card 18 months ago, while the thickos bask in the glow of there unearned untaxed un-relalizable profits.

The thing the people predicting a 19% ( or whatever ) rush to sell dont seem to be accounting for is knock on sentiment....that 19% rush to sell will panic man and it'll become 30/40/50% rush to sell.

Could be carnage.

Happy days.

QONVIyz.gif

One to watch

De78_thXUAI_7A8.jpg

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64407991.html

• INCOME CIRCA £77,000 PA

so at 10% return, the £850K seems too high !!!

Certainly looks like someone wants out...sharpish

#CaveatEmptor

Just a cool £1m off the original listing price 😂.

Gulson Road bought for £91,000 2010 - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=29912327&sale=36688473&country=england

Grafton Street, purchased for £116,500 2010. But they have recently done a bit of work to the outside http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=24064913&sale=36688251&country=england

The photo for Bramble street doesn't really match with google maps so can't be sure on the property.

Good luck get £300k a piece for those dumps 😂

1 minute ago, FabulousSophie said:

In today's Telegraph. Anyone would think the banks are paying them to write these stories.

How is this even remotely on-topic?