House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

UK unemployment falls to 1.6 million

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38661443

"

"

Wait for it...wait for it....wait for it.....

" However, the number of people in work slipped by 9,000 to just over 31.8 million, the ONS said. "

That's right...less people in work but unemployment fell.

Immigirants leaving in their droves ?

Manipulation of figures ?

Top heavy population retiring and no on there to support them ?

Something is not right in the UK.

And get aload of this one

"Average earnings increased by 2.8% in the year to November, 0.2% up on the previous month. "

Hands up everyone here that's had ANY pay rise this year ?

But they told us post Brexit there would be an emergency budget and we would go back to the 1970s, millions would be unemployed...

bali-stag-go-kart-495x256.jpg

^and Formula 1 would be like this post Brexit

4 minutes ago, Nabby81 said:

That payrise mystifies me , i see jobs advertised paying no different to the mid 2000's .

I think it's probably heavily biased towards London, the blokes at the BBC and spivs

again the old trick of not mentioning the types of jobs, types of hours skilled or unskilled.

Its the same ******** the Americans do "claimant numbers fell" is that because they all got well paying jobs in engineering? or they were sanctioned into homelessness and poverty?

Are all the jobs in on zero contract? are people losing 1 full time job to do three insecure part time jobs?

BBC fake news trying to talk up the economy for there masters.

50 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"

"

" However, the number of people in work slipped by 9,000 to just over 31.8 million, the ONS said. "

"Average earnings increased by 2.8% in the year to November, 0.2% up on the previous month. "

The number of UK natioanls leaving the workforce is starting to ramp up. Demographics, that have been know for years.

Bringing in loads of migrants failed as Brown decided to pay them to sit on their ar5e, like 30% of the UK work force.

The working mugrants have legged in, with the fall in £/E, leaving us with the dross.

31 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think it's probably heavily biased towards London, the blokes at the BBC and spivs

London and directors / manager's salaries 

According to official statistics.

So add maybe another 10 million or so on top of that for real unemployment.  Just put it under different official descriptions.

The official unemployment figure is a distraction.

Edited by billybong

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"

"

Couple both work part time and full time with three children.Full time part of couple stops working.Income stays the same thanks to tax credits and housing benefit.People in employment falls,welfare bill goes up,tax take goes down.Someone on the dole takes the job of the partner who packed in work.Unemployment goes down.His partner packs in her part time job,their tax credits go up,etc etc.

Maybe the way this is collated and reported should be changed. Instead of the number of unemployed, how about the number that are not productively employed?  Give the number who are reliant on benefits and those who are able to support themselves without state aid. Much more meaningful than adding in all those 16 hour make work jobs.

The desirability of full employment is another (false) Keynesian prescription for recovery. An idea heavily reinforced in the bias of these stats which are otherwise useless for determining the true strength of the economy.

9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just checked my records and comparing 2016 to 2015 my wage slave earnings are up 17.6% so I'm contributing to the positive statistic.

9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm not any of those.  I still maintain that if one wants to increase earnings from where they are today it's possible.  I'm also aware of some HPC'ers who've done similar.

24 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Just checked my records and comparing 2016 to 2015 my wage slave earnings are up 17.6% so I'm contributing to the positive statistic.

I've had around a 23% increase since start of last year... still can't afford a house though...!

Year on year it's usually 3% though 

7 hours ago, zugzwang said:

The desirability of full employment is another (false) Keynesian prescription for recovery. An idea heavily reinforced in the bias of these stats which are otherwise useless for determining the true strength of the economy.

Unemployment isn't the issue, and focusing on unemployment really just shows how out of touch they are. 

8 minutes ago, A third of everything said:

I've had around a 23% increase since start of last year... still can't afford a house though...!

Year on year it's usually 3% though 

Congratulations!

Think creatively about the house problem.  My Plan A was a house in my local area.  Plan B worked out far better.

3 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Congratulations!

Think creatively about the house problem.  My Plan A was a house in my local area.  Plan B worked out far better.

Unfortunately I won't likely have similar pay success in the near future, though our plan A was use our comparatively locally well paid jobs to secure the house then find jobs that made us happy after... haven't figured out a plan B yet so open to suggestions!

Just now, A third of everything said:

Unfortunately I won't likely have similar pay success in the near future, though our plan A was use our comparatively locally well paid jobs to secure the house then find jobs that made us happy after... haven't figured out a plan B yet so open to suggestions!

Don't give up on it.  I've learnt that it is possible to increase salary a long way if you want it.  Looking back even I'm surprised by how much.  To demonstrate over the past 9 years in real terms I have been able to increase my earnings by a factor of 2.7.

Like anything it does require sacrifice and many aren't prepared to do that.

I work for a company who have not made much profit this year when compared to previous profits (but we're still talking tens of millions), and they've offered us a nice round 0% pay rise. Not even inflationary...

5 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Don't give up on it.  I've learnt that it is possible to increase salary a long way if you want it.  Looking back even I'm surprised by how much.  To demonstrate over the past 9 years in real terms I have been able to increase my earnings by a factor of 2.7.

Like anything it does require sacrifice and many aren't prepared to do that.

I think I'm fast learning that sacrifices have to be made for everything in today's society... congratulations on it all paying off for you!

9 minutes ago, electrogear said:

I work for a company who have not made much profit this year when compared to previous profits (but we're still talking tens of millions), and they've offered us a nice round 0% pay rise. Not even inflationary...

Why don't you leave and find one that will pay you fairly for your contribution?

4 minutes ago, A third of everything said:

I think I'm fast learning that sacrifices have to be made for everything in today's society... congratulations on it all paying off for you!

Never a truer phrase was uttered as far as I'm concerned.  I'd just delete the "in today's society" bit as for sure it's difficult today but out performance has always required it I think.  Everything I've ever achieved of note has required focus and sacrifice.  Any successful business person, Olympian, author, sports person etc would probably agree.