House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Clearscore Credit rating free in two minutes

Well it's quick, you don't have to give your debit card details (like Experian) I guess you will get unsolicited emails. But hell I did it just for fun, guess I really went to far this time.:mellow:

Fwiw I scored 436, about the same as the guy on the advert. As a saver I am not really that well known to the credit agencies.

380 is average btw.

Don't go to those places.:o Nothing is for free.

There are some things I just don't understand.  These consumer-facing credit check services rate high on this list.

[or, at least, how they can be so profitable to support prime-time tv adverts promoting them]

At one time HMRC were using Experian as an identity check and this proved to be the only way I could check my pension contributions.

I was on the maximum 999 and yet Experian had no record of my main bank account. (It is always in credit by the way).

This seems to show a lack of rigour in their data and conclusions. I still can't get a mortgage though!

The 3 big agencies have a free service now. Experian will give you their score for free, but a still expect you to pay for the details.

Clearscore is basically Equifax, and Noddle is call credit.

They make money through click through traffic to banks etc, like money supermarket etc.

All I saw was a big blank white page, which probably says "don't lend that bloke money".:huh:

Spend, spend, spend! Borrow, borrow, borrow! Anything to improve your score!

Become a slave to the moneylenders and fool yourself you are achieving something with your credit score.

Alternatively, live within your means.

7 hours ago, MrPin said:

Don't go to those places.:o Nothing is for free.

..... why offer freely personal details for someone to give an opinion of you.....the only people are those that require debt, even if don't what does a silly number mean in the scheme of things?....

3 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I used my credit rating to buy a Boxer. 

Chris Eubank by any chance...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

I paid £15 to have a look at my credit score with Experian today (generally have a nosey once a year or so)!!! I got 999 there and 515 on this. Surprised me as I missed a single Tesco C/C payment about 3 years ago (forgetfulness) which took me down to just average, almost poor, credit rating. Now, even though it should still be on my record I am a high scorer?

Only time I use my 1 credit card is to get tesco clubcard points (I usually fill up my car at Tesco as well). £4500 credit limit.

26 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I paid £15 to have a look at my credit score with Experian today (generally have a nosey once a year or so)!!! I got 999 there and 515 on this. Surprised me as I missed a single Tesco C/C payment about 3 years ago (forgetfulness) which took me down to just average, almost poor, credit rating. Now, even though it should still be on my record I am a high scorer?

Only time I use my 1 credit card is to get tesco clubcard points (I usually fill up my car at Tesco as well). £4500 credit limit.

See, this is what I don't understand.  Why would you pay good money to see this info, let alone bother seeing it for free?  What value do you get from this information?

(not trolling -- I really don't understand)

Credit scores can be arbitrary, and a function of interbank lending rates, I reckon.

If they are desperate for business, they will lower the bar and force money at you.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Chris Eubank by any chance...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Nah. My rating isn't that good. Tyson Fury for cash from a man down the boozer. 

The best thing to do is to get a credit card, draw out £500 and only pay it back on the steps of the County Court.

Nobody will ever bother you again.

14 hours ago, dgul said:

See, this is what I don't understand.  Why would you pay good money to see this info, let alone bother seeing it for free?  What value do you get from this information?

(not trolling -- I really don't understand)

I took a look as I wanted to take out some interest free credit cards rather than add to my mortgage or take out a loan for home improvements. I didn't want to trash my rating as I took on a fair chunk of debt, so kept an eye on it as I applied for various cards. Since it seems it's a bit of a competition, I'm in the 560 range on ClearScore.

I'm mildly curious to know but I'm not giving out any personal details. Too many trying to get them without sound reason, and although this needs them to do what it's doing (which is the only acceptable reason - simply can't do the job without them) they're still not getting any.

9 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I'm mildly curious to know but I'm not giving out any personal details. Too many trying to get them without sound reason, and although this needs them to do what it's doing (which is the only acceptable reason - simply can't do the job without them) they're still not getting any.

To be honest, they probably already know everything about you if you have any credit.

39 minutes ago, Reebo said:

To be honest, they probably already know everything about you if you have any credit.

This although they now have your email address for marketing purposes.

I just did mine and scored 453, meaningless in itself. I had no issues taking out two loans last year for my Skoda CitiGo and Suzuki GSXR1000L6. 

1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

This although they now have your email address for marketing purposes.

I just did mine and scored 453, meaningless in itself. I had no issues taking out two loans last year for my Skoda CitiGo and Suzuki GSXR1000L6. 

You should not be riding motorcycles, young man! Give it to me!:huh:

34 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You should not be riding motorcycles, young man! Give it to me!:huh:

Me first! The bikes still at the dealership, I'm waiting for the first mild, dry day to collect it. There's some apprehension in the air as I'm used to riding smaller capacity machines.

3 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Me first! The bikes still at the dealership, I'm waiting for the first mild, dry day to collect it. There's some apprehension in the air as I'm used to riding smaller capacity machines.

I'm not!:huh: Be careful!