House Price Crash Forum
999house

Landlords taking the p*ss

On 16/01/2017 at 10:10 PM, LiveinHope said:

I'd hate to see an unfair sized kitchen,

The photographs are for guidance only; so the kitchen is actually, probably massive.

22 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I think you just might have. 

On a personal note my kitchen used to have that exact lino. 

What is each square - 4 inches?, so the standing space between the cabinets is about 18 inches ? You could probably, only swing a kitten.

Edited by LiveinHope

On 1/16/2017 at 9:55 PM, 999house said:

It all looks a bit surreal thanks to estate agents' favourite wide-angle lenses. A car on the left in the sixth photo looks twice as wide as a car next to it.

The trick for photographing battery cages available for rent in Reading is to take a normal photo and then stretch it horizontally to make all rooms look bigger.  This has fooled me many times but I have now learnt to spot extra-wide door frames which give it away.  

I guess in this case, the place is just too small to even try this.

And what's with the "modern" bathroom and a tiny sink when there actually is a space for a bigger, standard-size sink?! 

1 hour ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

On a personal note my kitchen used to have that exact lino. 

The lino in the bathroom/toilet is the same as in the kitchen.  Maybe it is all one room?

On 20/01/2017 at 10:36 AM, LiveinHope said:

What is each square - 4 inches?, so the standing space between the cabinets is about 18 inches ? You could probably, only swing a kitten.

That sounds about right. The worktop is going to be ~600mm deep (24 inches) maybe even less if they've cutdown the service space behind the units and the gangway is certainly less than that. 

I searched for a "how bleeding much to rent" forum and plumped for this one.  Redirection advice welcome.. 

If you love your neighbors (I.e. 30 feet straight across from you) and have £36,000 a year for rent, this is a beaut. (Just don't ask for garage storage)..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/60747691

Oh, believe it or not, in the local area to this there are family houses 'asking' up to £5,000 a month FFS. For whom are these affordable given a <33% take home pay? Really? 

On 22/08/2017 at 0:43 AM, hp72 said:

I searched for a "how bleeding much to rent" forum and plumped for this one.  Redirection advice welcome.. 

If you love your neighbors (I.e. 30 feet straight across from you) and have £36,000 a year for rent, this is a beaut. (Just don't ask for garage storage)..

Oh, believe it or not, in the local area to this there are family houses 'asking' up to £5,000 a month FFS. For whom are these affordable given a <33% take home pay? Really? 

Yeah, but dem shelves tho

599da13e0c57b_demshelvestho.png.a3101246239ff28e8c380c0d5a89ba3f.png

On 8/22/2017 at 0:43 AM, hp72 said:

The road my parents live in there is a house renting for 7k a month ! yes 7k a fooking month !.  the buyers bought it for 1m quid did an extension refurb i estimate 200k spent. 

they probably getting about 7% yield before fee`s. 

who can afford 7k a month rent ? wife does not work either 3 young kids 2 mercedes out front. 

so 150k a year just to pay rent after tax