House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noallegiance

Current Advertising

I've just seen two vomit-inducing adverts:

MBNA - cue 'diverse' young group of employees looking jovial in their prison/call centre which culminates in one of them, with their back turned, lobbing a pen over his shoulder only to hit <enter> on his keyboard resulting in 'Approved' pop up on his screen.

Sounds about right.

Zoopla - 30- something couple walk into a flat with the kitchen in the lounge. Bloke starts factoiding the EA like he's an expert because he uses Zoopla. Climactic moment?

Voice over: "Dan knows what he's doing"

Dan: "We'll make an offer".

12 hours ago, hotairmail said:

I like the Ryan Seacroft ad promoting the BT Smarthub where he goes up in the air holding onto the helicopter with one hand.

I prefer the one with Ryan Reynolds.

I quite like the YOPA ones using the Village People (or actors playing them). Always makes me smile during an otherwise tedious commercial break.

'How do you spell that?' Cue the chorus music to 'YMCA'. :D

i like the one with the dog that talks.

'what doing?'
'checking my credit score'
'ok love you'

thats what dogs actually sound like in my head. they nailed that. 

It's fashionable to proclaim loudly that you never watch TV but I really don't, why would anybody? Especially if you have to put up with those things above.

35 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

It's fashionable to proclaim loudly that you never watch TV but I really don't, why would anybody? Especially if you have to put up with those things above.

I'm a member of the world largest online beettting companneeee

17 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

I've just seen two vomit-inducing adverts:

MBNA - cue 'diverse' young group of employees looking jovial in their prison/call centre which culminates in one of them, with their back turned, lobbing a pen over his shoulder only to hit <enter> on his keyboard resulting in 'Approved' pop up on his screen.

Sounds about right.

Zoopla - 30- something couple walk into a flat with the kitchen in the lounge. Bloke starts factoiding the EA like he's an expert because he uses Zoopla. Climactic moment?

Voice over: "Dan knows what he's doing"

Dan: "We'll make an offer".

Thats the kind of advert then comes back to haunt you, really tasteless considering recent bailouts due to previous "pen lobbing".

9 hours ago, Funn3r said:

...there is a knack, mute and look down to catch up with social media.....or flip to news, or non ad station, they usually synchronise the ads or totally switch off in mind, do something useful ....... was overseas and for about five mins each night they will do completely silent adds, I suppose to try to get people to look up to see what they are missing...not a lot.;)

On 13/01/2017 at 8:05 PM, hotairmail said:

I like the Ryan Seacroft ad promoting the BT Smarthub where he goes up in the air holding onto the helicopter with one hand.

17 hours ago, sPinwheel said:

I prefer the one with Ryan Reynolds.

Whoever the frick he is, the point surely is that its not lying that the product (probably) works in a straight line vertically with the distances that are mentioned in the advert.

Whether the product works in a 'normal' house as well as is talked about in the advert is, as they say, another matter.

Of course, and mostly on topic, whether or not anyone is able to 'buy' a house (with the current 'barriers to market entry' that exist) to be able to disprove that an indistinguishable hollywood celebrity hanging from a helicopter that appears to be launched from a particular property is wrong,is another matter.

Plus, what the frick is it that you possibly need to be doing, or prove that you can do, or want to do, that far from your router, that means it's a selling point anyway?

If your house is only fifteen feet wide the BT router can swamp your neighbour. The digital spectrum equivalent of turning the TV sound to eleven. Plus BT let anyone in the street with a but road and account piggyback on your router AFAIK.

7 hours ago, leggers said:

Whoever the frick he is, the point surely is that its not lying that the product (probably) works in a straight line vertically with the distances that are mentioned in the advert.

Whether the product works in a 'normal' house as well as is talked about in the advert is, as they say, another matter.

Of course, and mostly on topic, whether or not anyone is able to 'buy' a house (with the current 'barriers to market entry' that exist) to be able to disprove that an indistinguishable hollywood celebrity hanging from a helicopter that appears to be launched from a particular property is wrong,is another matter.

Plus, what the frick is it that you possibly need to be doing, or prove that you can do, or want to do, that far from your router, that means it's a selling point anyway?

Whatever. I liked the advert. 

some very persuasive adverts are needed to get people to buy considering now is perhaps the worst time to buy a house is living memory.

I dont have a tv but I overhear local radio at my bro's and hearing the frequent reference to help to buy and only needing £x deposit to 'get on the ladder' always spoils my mood.

34 minutes ago, Wayward said:

I dont have a tv but I overhear local radio at my bro's and hearing the frequent reference to help to buy and only needing £x deposit to 'get on the ladder' always spoils my mood.

Good work - same here :)

Having been subjected to a barrage of ads during a visit to the cinema recently really illustrated how loud, obnoxious, basal and invasive most are - something that you're obviously conditioned to when swallowing such crap in regular doses courtesy of the idiot box..

It's all those men doing the poofter prance that gets me.

Very silly .

Probably will be deemed offensive to homosexuals in a few years and labelled 'unacceptable'

18 minutes ago, Byron said:

It's all those men doing the poofter prance that gets me.

Very silly .

Probably will be deemed offensive to homosexuals in a few years and labelled 'unacceptable'

18 minutes ago, Byron said:

Past it's best....Stupid advert, not even funny really makes you feel like giving that company a miss, wide berth......If that is the quality of it's staff.

Love the "find your inner peace" weasel one.;)

On 14/01/2017 at 10:24 AM, bomberbrown said:

The new Rightmove advert is totally vomit inducing. 

If that was a Dutch Tulip it would fit the housing bubble situation.