House Price Crash Forum

The DT turns on MI6 to protect Trump and Putin

Peter Hun

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/12/lurid-donald-trump-dossier-casts-shadow-mi6-christopher-steele/

In a sad attempt to suck up to Trump, the DT is now attacking the author of a report used by the CIA that highlighted Trump's connections with the Kremlin/Russia Mafia/oil.

Is this how far the Conservatives have stooped, to save a trade deal?

Edited by Peter Hun
GoldenShowers

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
2 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

Even Buzzfeed said the report was full of mistakes and no-one seems to think it contains any truth.

Everyone in the security services belives it. There are a couple of mistakes because it's raw intelligence.

There is worse to come. 

Edited by Peter Hun

HOLA445
1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

Everyone in the security services belives it. There are a couple of mistakes because it's raw intelligence.

There is worse to come.

Believe it if you want but you will look very foolish.

The report says that Trump was being used as a Russian spy to get information on oligarchs in the US.  Does that sound remotely likely?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Ah, ok, I'll add the Telegraph to my list of obvious Putin agents.

Even though they have been vociferously savaging Russia and Putin for the last 5+ years.

The report itself is obviously absurd. The Western intelligence agencies are getting desperate and are resorting to fabricating ludicrous nonsense. It will backfire them, as usual.

Edited by Errol

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
29 minutes ago, Steppenpig said:

It amazes me that the media is so entrenched in their own bubble, they have completely lost their instinct for what is real news.

This came from a MI6 man and was presented to Obama and Trump by the CIA.

33 minutes ago, Errol said:

Ah, ok, I'll add the Telegraph to my list of obvious Putin agents.

Even though they have been vociferously savaging Russia and Putin for the last 5+ years

In desperation for a trade deal, principles apparently don't matter anymore.

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

This came from a MI6 man and was presented to Obama and Trump by the CIA.

And? Your point is?

Both agencies have a long and distinguished history of falsification, counter-intelligence and duplicity. The fact they are involved makes it less likely to be true.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, kzb said:

He's an EX-MI6 man working for a private company.  How come he gets to release intelligence data gleaned whilst he was working for the state?

Given what he's done, I wouldn't like to be in his position now - with Trump about to take office and FSB agents operating (just as agents of other nations do) in every country in the world. 

He'll have to watch his back for the rest of his life.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Seems like another dodgy dossier to me, commissioned by CIA or some such. He never thought his name would be leaked, and now he's bricking it for telling big porkies about Putin. As Greenwald points out, it risks backfiring as it now undermines any attempts to expose Trump with actual facts and evidence as he'll just use this as proof of "fake news" attempts to discredit him. 

HOLA4417
3 hours ago, LC1 said:

Seems like another dodgy dossier to me, commissioned by CIA or some such. He never thought ...

It was commissioned be the the Republican party and paid for by the Democratic party! This has been reported on the bbc, yet stiill they don't question the independence of it. The report has been with numerous organisations for months, but presumably none really believed it. Why are all those media organisations who didn't dare publish it themselves suddenly falling over themselves to give it as much publicity as possible, hoping that some of the dirt sticks? It stinks. Buzzfeed is the fallguy. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I think it's about as credible as the Clintons running a paedo ring from a pizza shop ie not very. 

As others state it makes the job of whistleblowing against any politician much much harder now. To me, it looks like the powers that be have finally realised how to control the population using the internet. Rather than being the utopian transparent and accountable place, early users thought it would be - it is going to be used to spread lies and confusion to confirm existing prejudices. Shouldn't be surprised really. 

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

HOLA4420
9 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Its just talking about the same dodgy dossier. Why would the Israeli secret service leak this, rather than using it to their own advantage? You really need to be more cynical about what the establishment wants you to think.

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA4421
On 13/01/2017 at 6:19 PM, Peter Hun said:

Of course anyone who stands up against Putin is murdered. You Russians know that.  Thanks for confirming that Trump is a FSB asset.

I'd be more worried that a Western agency will assassinate him frankly. Far too easy for the US to have him killed and then pin it on Russia. Ludicrously easy, in fact. 

After all, if he died tomorrow, who do you think everyone would blame?

Edited by Errol

HOLA4422
11 hours ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

I think it's about as credible as the Clintons running a paedo ring from a pizza shop ie not very.  

It's credible to the Western spy agencies.

"I'd be more worried that a Western agency will assassinate him frankly"

No surprise a Russian would be worried  by the removal of Trump.

Edited by Peter Hun

HOLA4423

Another link on the shared intelligence issue

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/us-warned-israel-over-trump-security-risk-35367506.html

US spies warned intelligence services in Israel not to share information with Donald Trump's team for fear of it being passed on to the Kremlin, according to an extraordinary claim in the Israeli media.

It's very much along the same lines that they used about Prime Minister Harold Wilson and his kitchen cabinet.