House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Dele Alli launches his property firm with stunning £2.25million mansion

The canny Spurs midfielder, 20, is planning to buy homes and parcels of land in the south of England with his Premier League millions. And this stunning £2.25million mansion is the first rung on the ladder of his empire. Last night a source said: “Dele is being clever and wants to make sure that he has a series of investments which will continue to grow well beyond his football career. “He should have many, many more years at the top but you never know what is around the corner and even though he is a wealthy young man, investing in property is never a bad move.” Dele set up Future Homes Investments Ltd last November and information supplied to Companies House reveals the outfit’s aims are “letting and operating of owned or leased real estate”. He is the firm’s director and Alan’s son Harry – who Dele describes as his brother – is company secretary.

Dele bought the stunning new build in an exclusive corner of Hertfordshire Elstree.   the Sun

Dele bought the stunning new build in an exclusive corner of Hertfordshire last year

Why footballers investing in properties? He should do what he knows the best, playing football.

I still struggle with the notion that current footballers need to nuture a second career or investment for after their careers have finished.

This was true in the 'old days', when players used to earn borderline normal wages, but Dele Alli earns £25k a WEEK and that is only constrained by his age. In five years time he could be earning 10 times that if he continues on the path he is currently on. Does it really matter if your career ends at 35 if you are earning that much?

I realise that he could have a career-limiting injury, but if not he will be financially secure within a few years even if he doesn't reach the heights he is expected to.

10 minutes ago, worried1 said:

I still struggle with the notion that current footballers need to nuture a second career or investment for after their careers have finished.

This was true in the 'old days', when players used to earn borderline normal wages, but Dele Alli earns £25k a WEEK and that is only constrained by his age. In five years time he could be earning 10 times that if he continues on the path he is currently on. Does it really matter if your career ends at 35 if you are earning that much?

I realise that he could have a career-limiting injury, but if not he will be financially secure within a few years even if he doesn't reach the heights he is expected to.

They dont.

However, his 'adoptive' father ...

54 minutes ago, worried1 said:

Even at 25K a week that's still 2 years wages. It's a lot to tie up in one asset.

2 hours ago, worried1 said:

Maybe its better for some of these players if they stick some cash into relatively illiquid/income producing assets to stop them pissing it all away? So long as he's not putting all his eggs in one basket (although it sounds like he might be). He's on 50k a week now, which is actually pretty low compared to some (even in his team). He'll be on 2-4x that pretty soon if he keeps going the way he is.

2 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Even at 25K a week that's still 2 years wages. It's a lot to tie up in one asset.

Indeed, although reading the Evening Standard tonight told me that he is now on £55k a week! I just checked, and apparently has was on £3k a week in 2015, went up to £10k when he joined Spurs, got a new contract for £25k in early 2016 and another one at £55k in late 2016. Who said there was no wage inflation in our economy. What is most frightening is the fact that it still takes someone earning twice the average annual salary in a week that long to buy a fairly ordinary house.

My guess is that he is leveraging quite a lot of finance based on that wage for this venture.

1 hour ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Maybe its better for some of these players if they stick some cash into relatively illiquid/income producing assets to stop them pissing it all away? So long as he's not putting all his eggs in one basket (although it sounds like he might be). He's on 50k a week now, which is actually pretty low compared to some (even in his team). He'll be on 2-4x that pretty soon if he keeps going the way he is.

You're right, it is a good idea. My comment was based more on the tone of the original article, and that it echoed the classic moan of footballers that they will need something to earn them money after they retire because their careers are so short. Irrelevant at this money in my opinion. 

I saw the new contract amount after I posted my original comment - things move fast in the world of football at least! I googled it and the first article was the Wail. Funny to read some of the comments - 'cr*p agent', 'such low wages at Spurs', 'he'll be poached by a bigger club unless they pay him more'. All probably true, but I do find it quite sad that those comments are being made be people living in the real world who have just been sucked into thinking that is normal. A bit like the housing market, I suppose... 

Even as a contractor I never "earned" that.:o

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Even as a contractor I never "earned" that.:o

I got a £10 book token for Christmas, took me about ten seconds to open it so that's £1 per second, or £31M per year.

Thing is, you get used to a certain income, so the next ten seconds were really hard. 

5 hours ago, BuyToLeech said:

I got a £10 book token for Christmas, took me about ten seconds to open it so that's £1 per second, or £31M per year.

Thing is, you get used to a certain income, so the next ten seconds were really hard. 

Very true I have friends who earn far more than I do. By the end of the month they are always pleading poverty. It seems to me, you earn more, you spend more it is all relative.

12 hours ago, Patient London FTB said:

Someone's got the cheek to call that a mansion? 

Built especially for footballers by the looks of it

Similar to the story I mentioned a couple of weeks back about Raheem Sterling taking his house off the market after ''failing to find a buyer''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4066140/180-000-week-Man-City-ace-Raheem-Sterling-forced-1-2million-mansion-complete-Michael-Jackson-tribute-room-market-failing-buyer-year.html

The guy earns £180k a week and is one of the biggest party boys in the PL, the amount he would need to reduce it by to achieve a sale is minuscule compared to the doubtless hundreds of thousands of pounds he's squandered on a lifestyle of parties, bling, clothes and fast cars... and yet when it comes to property even he adopts the attitude of ''I'm bloody well not giving it away'' 

Why is the Daily Mail advertising a footballer's house, and pretending it's news?:huh: