House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
giggler000

Maybe it'll start State side before reaching the UK?

He's moving to a bigger place in Malibu, he's willing to take a small loss to shift it. He has bigger profits from another sale.

http://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/50258-leonardo-dicaprio-buys-malibu-beachfront-home-from-one-of-trump-s-cabinet-picks

Mr. DiCaprio’s purchase comes amid a flurry of sales and listings by the actor. Last year, he sold his Studio City house for $2.237 million and his condo in Greenwich Village for $8 million. The “Titanic” star is still trying to sell a different Malibu pad for $10.95 million, about seven times what he paid for it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/luxury-apartment-boom-looks-set-to-fizzle-in-2017-1483358401 

Foreshadowing of what will happen will all those "luxury" flats in London? I listened to their podcast on the topic this morning and they said that many young professionals who could afford to buy just don't want to because of the choice of rentals available. I'm about to join my husband in London next month but am currently living in the DC area. An apartment complex just opened up with a salt water pool and a pet spa, and it's one of many similar complexes. Not only are there so many developments with empty flats, but as a young professional why on earth would I buy when I can live in luxury (for $1100-$1300/month for a 1 bed) and have the flexibility to move wherever I need to for my career?

6 minutes ago, Snicks918 said:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/luxury-apartment-boom-looks-set-to-fizzle-in-2017-1483358401 

Foreshadowing of what will happen will all those "luxury" flats in London? I listened to their podcast on the topic this morning and they said that many young professionals who could afford to buy just don't want to because of the choice of rentals available. I'm about to join my husband in London next month but am currently living in the DC area. An apartment complex just opened up with a salt water pool and a pet spa, and it's one of many similar complexes. Not only are there so many developments with empty flats, but as a young professional why on earth would I buy when I can live in luxury (for $1100-$1300/month for a 1 bed) and have the flexibility to move wherever I need to for my career?

How are you getting a visa to work in the UK ?

Are you some kind of international talent, or a banker ?

To be fair, I don't think Caprio cares about the odd $10 million here or there. $50 million might bother him. $100 million definitely would.

11 minutes ago, Errol said:

To be fair, I don't think Caprio cares about the odd $10 million here or there. $50 million might bother him. $100 million definitely would.

He's earned $200m+

Titanic (1997)    $2,500,000
The Beach (2000)    $20,000,000
Gangs of New York (2002)    $18,000,000
Catch Me If You Can (2002)    $20,000,000
The Aviator (2004)    $20,000,000
The Departed (2006)    $20,000,000
Blood Diamond (2006)    $20,000,000
Inception (2010)    $59,000,000 
J. Edgar (2011)    $2,000,000
The Great Gatsby (2013)    $20,000,000
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)    $25,000,000

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000138/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

How are you getting a visa to work in the UK ?

Are you some kind of international talent, or a banker ?

My husband is British. But I did do a Masters in the UK a few years ago and was able to work on the Post Study visa before they got rid of it.