House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

U K Factory Orders Plummet In January

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/060124/214/g1zte.html

British factory orders fall in January
LONDON (ShareCast) - News that
UK factory orders fell at their fastest pace for five months
in January has failed to deter the optimism of British manufacturers.
The Confederation of British Industry said its monthly manufacturing order books balance
was -28 in January after -22 the month before and below expectations for a slight improvement.
The CBI survey found that rising costs and
weak demand forced struggling British manufacturers to cut jobs
in a bid to relieve squeezed margins, while manufacturing jobs fell by 25,000 in the last three months.
The survey also suggested that the
rate at which costs are rising is accelerating
with a balance of 23% of manufacturers reporting an increase up from 20% in the previous quarter and 13% before that.

Another nail in the HPI coffin. Looks like IR have to rise to prevent inflationary prices which is bad news for anyone hoping to sell their house in time to avoid the freefall.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/060124/214/g1zte.html

British factory orders fall in January
LONDON (ShareCast) - News that
UK factory orders fell at their fastest pace for five months
in January has failed to deter the optimism of British manufacturers.
The Confederation of British Industry said its monthly manufacturing order books balance
was -28 in January after -22 the month before and below expectations for a slight improvement.
The CBI survey found that rising costs and
weak demand forced struggling British manufacturers to cut jobs
in a bid to relieve squeezed margins, while manufacturing jobs fell by 25,000 in the last three months.
The survey also suggested that the
rate at which costs are rising is accelerating
with a balance of 23% of manufacturers reporting an increase up from 20% in the previous quarter and 13% before that.

Another nail in the HPI coffin. Looks like IR have to rise to prevent inflationary prices which is bad news for anyone hoping to sell their house in time to avoid the freefall.

Where here does it show the undimmed "optimism" of manufacturers?!! Another misleading headline?

U K Factory Orders Plummet In January,

Recession seems inevitable--HPC on again

I thought that hundreds of thousands of jobs had been lost in manufacturing in the last few years – and none of those resulted in house prices crashing so what is the difference now?

Saying that though a couple more years and we will not produce anything – I wonder how long it will take until it’s obvious to the public that they may lose there job and the panic selling will start

I thought that hundreds of thousands of jobs had been lost in manufacturing in the last few years – and none of those resulted in house prices crashing so what is the difference now?

Fair point. Depends if something comes to their rescue though. Vacancies anyone?

Saying that though a couple more years and we will not produce anything – I wonder how long it will take until it’s obvious to the public that they may lose there job and the panic selling will start

I would be interested to hear from anyone with recollection of the last recession here. Anyone under the age of ~33 hasn't worked through a proper recession before.

I would be interested to hear from anyone with recollection of the last recession here. Anyone under the age of ~33 hasn't worked through a proper recession before.

I came back from my honeymoon to find they had closed the floor I worked on and sacked 34 of the 40 workers – I was lucky to be one of the 6 workers they kept