HOLA441
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Eyewitness on Fox News saying that he was confused why the guy next to him suddenly fell to the ground. Then more people around him and his family began to falling to the ground. Did not realise what the pops were at first.

Shooter allegedly emptied 3 magazines. The police arrived and ordered him to sit down.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, dgul said:

Starting to be tangible evidence that there is more than one shooter.

It is confusing iisn't it. It could just be panic - someone saw something or misheard a bang and reported it to Police so they have to investigate.

On the other hand...

There is a photo of the alleged gunman being arrested online - the guy is in a blue t-shirt and has a beard. He looks ME to me and not hispanic. His t-shirt also does not appear to be a Star Wars one that everyone has been reporting. So the photo of the guy being arrested could be the shooter or could be someone entirely innocent.

A US senator was very quick to give the name of an hispanic person and that quickly echoed around the media. I wonder how much truth there is in that name being the name of the shooter.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

26 years old from New Jersey apparently. Ex military. Sounds more like a lone wolf nutter than an islamic terrorist nutter.

Odd target for a terrorist gun attack if you're looking to cause mass casualties, the security presence is going to shut you down PDQ.

HOLA4418
Just now, Goat said:

Odd target for a terrorist gun attack if you're looking to cause mass casualties, the security presence is going to shut you down PDQ.

Apparently he fired 3 magazines and then that was it. If he did then 5 dead and 8 others shot, whilst terrible, is not that many considering the number of bullets he had and the sheer volume of people as targets.

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, Goat said:

Alternatively - high profile and the locals aren't tooled up as they are every where else in the us. Just take out the guards then help yourself ...

HOLA4420
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Apparently he fired 3 magazines and then that was it. If he did then 5 dead and 8 others shot, whilst terrible, is not that many considering the number of bullets he had and the sheer volume of people as targets.

Depends upon the weapon and its capacity, 3 magazines could be anything from 20 rounds to 90, 13 casualties from the former would be unusually high, from the latter mercifully low.

From the looks of it he was armed with a handgun of some sort, possibly a fairly low capacity one, this doesn't on the face of it look like a terrorist incident.

HOLA4421

Seems a bit of an odd case.  Apparently he had his gun as checked luggage, retrieved it, took it to the toilets to load, then ran ammoc.

It seems like odd behaviour for both a terrorist and a mad man.

TMT glad you are offering us a free liveticker service.  National newspapers are paying people to do the same thing!!

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, reddog said:

TMT glad you are offering us a free liveticker service.  National newspapers are paying people to do the same thing!!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing earlier. Was listening to journos on various news stations being paid shedloads of money to get most of their info free from people on mobiles or from twitter.

HOLA4423

Appears to be a "nutter".

Allegedly was acting loopy at an FBI bureau in Alaska a few months ago.

Was allowed to keep his gun license and travel with it, having declared it before boarding (it was in his hold luggage ).

Gotta love those US gun laws.....?

HOLA4424
9 minutes ago, Agentimmo said:

Appears to be a "nutter".

Allegedly was acting loopy at an FBI bureau in Alaska a few months ago.

Was allowed to keep his gun license and travel with it, having declared it before boarding (it was in his hold luggage ).

Gotta love those US gun laws.....?

I remember being astounded in San Antonio airport (admittedly pre 911) by the sign saying 'all guns must be unloaded' as I went through security.  I was even more astounded when I found out that they just needed to be unloaded -- you could have ammunition on you, just not actually in the gun.  IIRC the ammunition was required to be stored in the same case as the gun...!

HOLA4425

Pictured: Florida 'air rage' gunman, 26, who 'argued with passengers' before taking gun from luggage and executing five in baggage hall - as it's revealed he was treated at mental hospital after telling FBI he was forced to fight for ISIS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4095720/Nine-shot-one-dead-shooting-Ft-Lauderdale-Hollywood-Airport.html

Archived