House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

No offence

2 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

I can highly recommend this show. It's very good! Entertaining, shocking and funny and a little bit grim.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/no-offence/on-demand/56409-001

And in episode 4 of series 1 they visit an estate in Manchester and I used to live just out of shot! 

Series 2 has just started. 

I was glued to the first series and have recorded the first episode of the second. I love the juxtaposition of the grim and grisly with the amusing. Very like real life. I'm pretty sure I like it specially because of the strong female characters- a bit like the Sweeney with the sexes reversed...

Highly recommended. 

1 hour ago, Tabasco kid said:

Sounds good. I do like a good drama which is based in Manchester (but not Corrie which is just a bunch of teenage kids shouting at each other.) I enjoyed 'Blue Murder'. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Murder_(UK_TV_series)

Blue Murder - another favourite of mine. Shame it didn't last long. It, too, had strong female lead. 

We watched the first two episodes of this tonight.

Don't take this the wrong way..

We've been watching a lot of Italian TV lately thanks to my obsession with Italy and learning the language and culture. Of the two, actually, I find myself understanding some of the Italian stuff more easily. There were a couple of moments where I was missing the sub-titles.

The series is a lot like "Ashes to Ashes". Actually, I wondered at first if it was set in the mid to late 1990s. It's very, er, "Northern" ;) I'll get a virtual slap in a minute. OK, I know it's a more than a little parodied.

Fast-paced, some somewhat dysfunctional main characters who still get results, a bit more "touchy-feely", nicely written (though the American western music seems a bit out of place), entertaining and decent to watch.

It's good: will continue - thanks.

6 hours ago, DTMark said:

I wondered at first if it was set in the mid to late 1990s. It's very, er, "Northern" ;) I'll get a virtual slap in a minute. OK, I know it's a more than a little parodied.

It is very northern - that's part of it's appeal. It's also not quite as serious as it could be, but is it grim in places. I think if you are expecting Silent Witness then you'll be disappointed. 

On 07/01/2017 at 11:57 AM, Tabasco kid said:

As far as I'm aware, sadly, nope. Though you can watch it on Kodi (if you are familiar with it.)     

Found it on ITV3 last night as I was going to bed, so stayed up late and watched the first episode. Which was about a murder on an allotment - which tbh was a big draw for me! :)

4 hours ago, SarahBell said:

Found it on ITV3 last night as I was going to bed, so stayed up late and watched the first episode. Which was about a murder on an allotment - which tbh was a big draw for me! :)

I imagine murders on allotments are quite common in your sort of area.

8 hours ago, MrPin said:

I imagine murders on allotments are quite common in your sort of area.

TV programmes about allotments usually have good plots.

Just watched the first episode of series one - and was hooked from the moment the boss woman sprayed both her minge, and her mouth, with the same aerosol-can of breath/fanny (delete as applicable) freshening spray.

This show looks really good - it was after all written by the people responsible for "Shameless" - and I will report back further as I watch more episodes.

:)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Aye, it's dead good, our kid.

(Says soft southerner living in Manchester!)

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know that there was a second series.