House Price Crash Forum

Yugoslavian Computer Magazines 80s & 90s (Cover Girls)

DEATH

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Lol they wouldn't allow that now. We're too PC now (pun, get it?).

I still have my Pentium 133Mhz with an original Voodoo 1 3DFX graphics card. I upgraded it with a CPU cooler, which is way over the top.

HOLA444

O/S 2

Whatever happened to that.

Using fit looking women to flog boring  IT products was once universal

I can remember Computer Conferences in the 1990s where they used to hire a lot of female eye candy to attract the punters and one where they even had some Go Go dancers on the tables.

It is all so dull now though I did notice a recent news report of one MS exec heroically trying to keep the Go Go dancing tradition at conferences alive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35861212

Needless to say he got roundly slated for his efforts 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, DEATH said:

So was I.

1 minute ago, 200p said:

They still are - erm. £260 for this case. Wouldn't it look good on your desk? You can see all the parts inside!

pic2.gif

^The Thermaltake Tower 900

Yes I would like one of those, because it lights up. I hate servers because they are noisy.

HOLA4412

I used to like the floppy disc adverts in the back of PCW.  I always thought saucy ladies to advertise floppies was a bit humorous.  But, sadly, the advert didn't work as I can't remember the brand.  Only the bikini.

HOLA4413
10 minutes ago, dgul said:

I used to like the floppy disc adverts in the back of PCW.  I always thought saucy ladies to advertise floppies was a bit humorous.  But, sadly, the advert didn't work as I can't remember the brand.  Only the bikini.

Računari - August 1988

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

O/S 2

Whatever happened to that.

Using fit looking women to flog boring  IT products was once universal

I can remember Computer Conferences in the 1990s where they used to hire a lot of female eye candy to attract the punters and one where they even had some Go Go dancers on the tables.

It is all so dull now though I did notice a recent news report of one MS exec heroically trying to keep the Go Go dancing tradition at conferences alive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35861212

Needless to say he got roundly slated for his efforts 

Not sure it is completely dead yet, it does keep resurfacing.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/half-naked-booth-babes-told-to-cover-up-at-tech-shows/035910

HOLA4415
59 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Računari - August 1988

Would you want to get to Modbase ?

Let her play with your Turbo Pascal?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Not confined to the Balkans, I seem to recall a big hair G'n'R groupie style woman on the front of my "Spectrum Format" sometime around 1988. I was around 10 years old. I liked the mag for the 'free' tapes of useless code. 

Edit it here she is, apologies it was 'Your Sinclair', and she may not have been on the front. Hmm, booze addled brain is letting me down, again. She must have had a '+3', as I could comfortably sit in a room with my inferior '+2' without the CPU heat requiring me to strip down.

8cdcde54f0e784c2f7c263e8ea2e6414.jpg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, billybong said:

Inspired by the Motor Shows - and pretty much everything else including housing, but with British housing it's totally unrealistic once you've paid the mortgage payments on something so tiny you can barely swing a cat.

Yes I understand the logic of using the lure of sexual attraction to sell cars but the idea that buying certain types of mainframe database utility programs or accounting software packages is going to make you some sort of babe magnet has always looked a bit tenuous to me.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Does it have a Kempston Interface?

I think it's maybe a Quickshot actually.

A conspiracy between Daley Thompson and joystick manufacturers meant a lot of people probably had both.

I built a circuit with a relay hard wired into the joystick to give Daley the ZX Spectrum equivalent of a steroid boost. Although IIRC it still never reached full power even at this inhuman level of waggling.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, happy_renting said:

The Australians made computers really exciting back then.

promotion_dick%20smith%20APC%205.jpg

No expert in this arena, but maybe these aussie ads are targeted at homosexuals, and hence more exciting than we imagine. Maybe that was the in-look on the aussie gay-scene ?

The name of the company certainly suggests they have little interest in the fairer sex, after all.

Archived