House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

An idea of how bent India is

Fairly bent, but no more bent than many other places. I remember an Indian born colleague being impressed by how un-bent British plod were.

Part of me wonders how many feminists have realised that in 50 years, if mass migration into the UK continues, feminism will be dead?

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Part of me wonders how many feminists have realised that in 50 years, if mass migration into the UK continues, feminism will be dead?

Roger Irrelevant prize?:huh: That's so hatstand!

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Roger Irrelevant prize?:huh: That's so hatstand!

Hah hah wibble. 

No, it is directly linked to the thread.  This behaviour will occur in the UK in time if mass migration from societies where it is present continues.  Feminism will die as cultural landscape changes.

The Indians are generally not a nation of gropers and bum fondlers any more than er Italians. Obviously I only met polite and educated ones through work, including women, at the gas plant in India. Obviously once you get out to "bandit country", people are well "different".

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The Indians are generally not a nation of gropers and bum fondlers any more than er Italians. Obviously I only met polite and educated ones through work, including women, at the gas plant in India. Obviously once you get out to "bandit country", people are well "different".

I've worked with plenty of Indians, and in India itself.  Feminism and equality are not on the table for the vast, vast majority of Indians.  I like them a lot - but do not see them as marching on a anti-slutshaming walk any time soon....

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I've worked with plenty of Indians, and in India itself.  Feminism and equality are not on the table for the vast, vast majority of Indians.  I like them a lot - but do not see them as marching on a anti-slutshaming walk any time soon....

I worked in Singapore for this Indian project. Girl in sari did all the work, and the blokes took all the credit for it.

Harumph, not my position to criticise.:huh: Still they had a female PM before UK did. Like going back to the 50s.

The girl who got gang-raped and died of her injuries a few years back - the case that became famous internationally, I heard that as a kind of compensation the Indian govt. gave special govt. jobs to her 2 brothers.

Always thought that was corrupt, give money as compensation yes but aren't jobs supposed to be on merit. It's bad enough when top jobs go to people's mates but at least try and hide it like the British establishment do. The fact that they were so open as if it was standard practice made me despair for the whole place.

27 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Leaving the EU will allow us to open up more to India...  Who thinks that's a good trade?

Someone forgot to mention that India will do trade deal with the UK, but they want freedom of movement between India and the UK.

So that ought to dwarf the 300m odd in the EU.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

Hah hah wibble. 

No, it is directly linked to the thread.  This behaviour will occur in the UK in time if mass migration from societies where it is present continues.  Feminism will die as cultural landscape changes.

The examples in the original links are very bad and Britain could well do without an increased risk of that but some would say the possibilities of importing political corruption from such countries on top of the indigenous political corruption might well in time be an issue as well.

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Someone forgot to mention that India will do trade deal with the UK, but they want freedom of movement between India and the UK.

So that ought to dwarf the 300m odd in the EU.

I want the moon on a stick.

Not going to get it, though.

1 hour ago, billybong said:

The examples in the original links are very bad and Britain could well do without an increased risk of that but some would say the possibilities of importing political corruption from such countries on top of the indigenous political corruption might well in time be an issue as well.

Democracy only really works, as imperfectly as it does, in non-tribal, non-feudal states.  We'll end up going back to the era of rotten boroughs where a tiny number of people control constituencies.  Landlords in the past, extended family heads in the future.

Or alternatively something more akin to post-colonial African democracies, where sectarianism and tribal allegiance trumps everything else, and there's no concept of 'loyal opposition' - absolutely key for democracy to work - because the opposition are completely alien and have nothing whatsoever in common with the other groups, and no loyalty to an overarching national unity.  Though admittedly the latest cancer to roll out of the United States sociology departments seems to be doing a pretty good job of ruining that aspect of Western democracy already.

12 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Yes. And it doesn't work well in countries with 'nationalist' parties in the regions (Wales and Scotland). And not forgetting the racial bifurcation in the USA. Democracy dies when one racial group votes over 90% for a President for their race.

Perhaps if you had some kind of federation comprised of national democracies congruent with the different national groups, you would have the benefits of constitutional government and avoid the distortions you mention.

50 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Perhaps if you had some kind of federation comprised of national democracies congruent with the different national groups, you would have the benefits of constitutional government and avoid the distortions you mention.

Weak.

1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

Youve got an EU bedsheet cover - dont you !!!

11 hours ago, MrPin said:

As a nation, no.
As a significant number of me, yes.

Women in big SI cities will choose to sit next to foreign bloke (well, European one) rather than anywhere near one of the fellow Indians.

My point o nthe post is that there are a number of reports and eye witness statements on what went on.

And the police are saying nothing happened.

When I lived in Japan 20 years ago, random groping of women on trains was pretty common in crowded commuter trains. Most western men out there had Japanese girlfriends and they all pretty much agreed that the appeal was that western men were more likely to treat a women as a human being and less

likely to grope random strangers

western society is something of an oasis wrt this I suspect 

20 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

When I lived in Japan 20 years ago, random groping of women on trains was pretty common in crowded commuter trains. Most western men out there had Japanese girlfriends and they all pretty much agreed that the appeal was that western men were more likely to treat a women as a human being and less

likely to grope random strangers

western society is something of an oasis wrt this I suspect 

So when you were there 20 years ago random groping was common - and now you've left it's not....:blink::o

6 minutes ago, ccc said:

So when you were there 20 years ago random groping was common - and now you've left it's not....:blink::o

i cannot take all the credit, but I believe there has been a recovery in the general grope rate...

I shall make it my duty to visit one day and do my my best for the gropy cause !!

Watch out Jap honey's !!

In some articles/guides I've read, tourists get warned about 'Eve Teasing' in India. ie getting groped on NYE. Male tourists as well as female.  

There are people everywhere who will do bent business if they know they will get away with it.....

....did enjoy The real Marigold Hotel beeb 2....sort of warmed me to visiting a place I would not otherwise thought about visiting.....you can't tar all people in one huge place with the same brush, people with little happier than those with more than they can ever require......only access to money itself brings corruption....;)

2 hours ago, winkie said:

There are people everywhere who will do bent business if they know they will get away with it.....

....did enjoy The real Marigold Hotel beeb 2....sort of warmed me to visiting a place I would not otherwise thought about visiting.....you can't tar all people in one huge place with the same brush, people with little happier than those with more than they can ever require......only access to money itself brings corruption....;)

This is a classic false argument used by the 'anti-racist lobby'.  That because not ALL of a set of people act a certain way, you should not make a logical conclusion that the group as a whole is more likely to do something than another group.

for example, not all pitbulls will rip your face off.  But, compared to guinea pigs, they are much more likely to attack a human being.  It is therefore logical and correct to be more cautious around pitbulls than guinea pigs.

Likewise, it is more sensible for women to be cautious around those cultures and group that have a history of abuse of females.  And - I would include the english in this until about 1850.