House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One-percent

Beginning of the end for offshoring jobs?

Maybe Mexicans do not buy enough cars?

8 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Does it cost that much to transport cars?  They seem to already be transported fair distances 

I'm so British I have a car made in Japan

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

We have two, a very old rover built in engerland and a mini, also built in engerland. I guess that if we need a new car, also built here, it will have to be either a new mini (but do feel they are a bit too poncy and only good as a second car due to size) or will have to see mr xyy

Amazingly the "Japanese" cars made in the UK, are very good, although I wouldn't want a French made Toyota, because it would smell of onions, stripey jumpers, and Gitanes. :o

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Amazingly the "Japanese" cars made in the UK, are very good, although I wouldn't want a French made Toyota, because it would smell of onions, stripey jumpers, and Gitanes. :o

What do stripey jumpers smell like?

28 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've got five British cars -- doing my bit for the UK motor industry...  I've also got a comfortable German car that starts reliably, and a little French thing for the wife to drive.

27 minutes ago, One-percent said:

We have two, a very old rover built in engerland and a mini, also built in engerland. I guess that if we need a new car, also built here, it will have to be either a new mini (but do feel they are a bit too poncy and only good as a second car due to size) or will have to see mr xyy

Er, I don't sell cars.

I can get you a dodgy Android box pre-loaded with all the good-stuff, some very cheap rolling-baccy, or maybe even a big bag of weed.

But I'm not friggin' Bristol Street...!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Er, I don't sell cars.

I can get you a dodgy Android box pre-loaded with all the good-stuff, some very cheap rolling-baccy, or maybe even a big bag of weed.

But I'm not friggin' Bristol Street...!

;)

XYY

I'm not suggesting that you are a lowly used car salesman.  I thought you made the thing.  I'll have some rolling baccie and weed please.  Oh, with a side order of parmos if you are passing a takeaway 

17 minutes ago, One-percent said:

What do stripey jumpers smell like?

Gitanes, garlic and monkey spunk.

I had to edit that due to some "empathy" with 007's crap keyborad!

2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I'm not suggesting that you are a lowly used car salesman.  I thought you made the thing.  I'll have some rolling baccie and weed please.  Oh, with a side order of parmos if you are passing a takeaway 

Ah, Pinny read a few of my work related posts and assumed that I worked at Nissan - obviously you've made the same mistake.

I work at an automotive parts supplier - and as such I'm on three-times the stress of Nissan at around 80% of the wages...!

No wonder I need those parmos to comfort me...

XYY

Ah, must have been where I got confused xyy.  I thought you were the CEO of Nissan with all the talk of your desk.  Best not be though as you would not be able to be seen collecting your parmos from the takeaway 

4 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Ah, must have been where I got confused xyy.  I thought you were the CEO of Nissan with all the talk of your desk.  Best not be though as you would not be able to be seen collecting your parmos from the takeaway 

Collecting ones takeaway - how quaint...!

We have "Just Eat" round these parts my good man...

XYY

Slightly off topic but i am interested in Trumps statements about the F35 project being "out of control" and "too expensive" with "big savings on military expenditure to come post jan 20th" 

He had asked boeing to price up a comparable redesigned & modernised F/A 18 instead.

Where would that leave the UK Gov who are completely reliant on the F35b (STOVL) jump jet version for the 2 new Aircraft Carriers (as they are not CATOBAR equipped)? 

It is very telling that the UK gov tried to have the carriers redesigned with CATOBAR systems in 2012 and then dropped the plan when it was realised how expensive the redesign would be.

i think this was the Obama administration wanting to scrap the STOVL variant of the F35 (b) because of it's spiraling costs and raft of design problems. 

Interesting times ahead!

2 minutes ago, workingpoor said:

Slightly off topic but i am interested in Trumps statements about the F35 project being "out of control" and "too expensive" with "big savings on military expenditure to come post jan 20th" 

He had asked boeing to price up a comparable redesigned & modernised F/A 18 instead.

Where would that leave the UK Gov who are completely reliant on the F35b (STOVL) jump jet version for the 2 new Aircraft Carriers (as they are not CATOBAR equipped)? 

It is very telling that the UK gov tried to have the carriers redesigned with CATOBAR systems in 2012 and then dropped the plan when it was realised how expensive the redesign would be.

i think this was the Obama administration wanting to scrap the STOVL variant of the F35 (b) because of it's spiraling costs and raft of design problems. 

I'm not sure what you are talking about but the reference to trump means that you are way more on topic than the rest of the posts 

4 hours ago, One-percent said:

As per title, ford announces that they are shelving the idea of building a new factory in Mexico. This follows trump tweeting his displeasure with gm for building cars in Mexico 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38497898

That's because they've realised self-driving cars are the future so they've halted production of ordinary cars pronto.