House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Oh the irony...

5 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Many, many years ago.... I presume a different type of people lived in Brixton before them too.

Areas change. Brixton was a bit crap when I attended the FE college there in the late 70s. I am nostalgic for the crap areas of Newcastle, and Bristol, I knew many years ago. They had an "edge", and poncy cocktail bars were nowhere to be seen. However I don't see this as something to protest about.:huh:

51 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Areas change. Brixton was a bit crap when I attended the FE college there in the late 70s. I am nostalgic for the crap areas of Newcastle, and Bristol, I knew many years ago. They had an "edge", and poncy cocktail bars were nowhere to be seen. However I don't see this as something to protest about.:huh:

Loved the old sounds of Brixton and other places a real edge...brilliant music and dancing.:)

Oh, my mate Pete from Brixton, didn't like black people, but he had a huge smashing collection of Motown vinyl. Is that ironic?

14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Oh, my mate Pete from Brixton, didn't like black people, but he had a huge smashing collection of Motown vinyl. Is that ironic?

You tell us Ms Morrissette..

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Quite ironic....If you don't talk to them how do you get to know them, throw some good parties.....like all people there are both good and bad....Is your mate a good'un?;)

10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

You tell us Ms Morrissette..

;)

XYY

I reckon only a "proper poof" would would buy a record with women playing and singing on it! You should buy more records with macho people from Surrey singing about being down and out in Detroit, in leather pants with socks down their trousers!

Except for Joni Mitchell of course! That's OK.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I reckon only a "proper poof" would would buy a record with women playing and singing on it! You should buy more records with macho people from Surrey singing about being down and out in Detroit, in leather pants with socks down their trousers!

Except for Joni Mitchell of course! That's OK.

Agreed. 

I'll stick with proper geezers acts like Bronski Beat and Marc Almond if it's all the same with you...

XYY

7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Agreed. 

I'll stick with proper geezers acts like Bronski Beat and Marc Almond if it's all the same with you...

XYY

I reckon our Southern poofs are better than yours. Show me a good Geordie poof musician. You can't can you?