House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Family Seasonal arugment post

Another year, another strop by my 7yo older sister. Shes 46.

After ~30 years of being out of school its dawned on her that getting a full-time job might be a good idea.

Shes been sort of living hand to mouth all the time. Car broke down on the motorway before xmas. There's no cheap ones to buy. Shes grumpy about it.

Her: 'What are you going to spend all your money on?'

'What I like. I earned it. Id have more money if I did not have to prop up dossers on the dole'

Her: 'Its hard getting a job'

'Err youve only worked part-time and took the entire summer off. Youre not a good bet for an employee. Id take my chances with a 16 YO from school'

Her: 'Its OK for. You like working.'

'Id rather do something else'

And so it continued.

All your money.

You like working.

This is the precursor argument to why don't you "lend" her several thousand pounds to buy a reliable car so that she can get this hypothetical full time job.

Followed by the job not materialising and your money never coming back short of a major scratch card win.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

All your money.

You like working.

This is the precursor argument to why don't you "lend" her several thousand pounds to buy a reliable car so that she can get this hypothetical full time job.

Followed by the job not materialising and your money never coming back short of a major scratch card win.

Id never lend my sister money. And she knows that. Thats why shes sulking.

My brothers -Yes.

hes off a generation and clique where its like dealing with a bunch 7 yos.

To a woman, they sit and whinge abut not haivng money, their life not being not what it is.

I always say get a job.  They just look back in horror.

I nearly started this topic two weeks ago. My brother stormed off home after 2 days of my company. We were meant to be spending Xmas at my mums together. ("Storming off" around these parts involves an overnight train and considerable additional expense)

My last girlfriend is intelligent but won't work. She mixes with similar women....don't want to work.

They both have a sense of false entitlement and ponce off anyone who is stupid enough to give them money (me included).

And her friend has made her 8 year old son neurotic about money. He fingers lose change into his pocket and gives it to his mum. So the boy's not welcomed to houses.

Their excuse is that trying to balance work with children is impossible....even though they have extended family nearby. 

Basically they just don't want to work. They don't like the discipline.

And to finish off a really shiite xmas...my partners mum made a massive scene on Christmas Eve. She started screaming at me and said she was going to call the Police.....so I kicked them all out. Gone. 

Now peace has returned.   :)

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

My last girlfriend is intelligent but won't work. She mixes with similar women....don't want to work.

They both have a sense of false entitlement and ponce off anyone who is stupid enough to give them money (me included).

And her friend has made her 8 year old son neurotic about money. He fingers lose change into his pocket and gives it to his mum. So the boy's not welcomed to houses.

Their excuse is that trying to balance work with children is impossible....even though they have extended family nearby. 

Basically they just don't want to work. They don't like the discipline.

So how do they live? What do they eat? What do they pay the leccy bill with? 

1 minute ago, uptherebels said:

My partner moved into my house when I was working in Scotland. I returned to find loads of her stuff in my house. She used my electricity, coal (solid fuel rayburn and woodburner) and eat my food.

Also she is an alcoholic....so I found empty wine bottles everywhere.

And to finish it off...she has threatened to call the police if I don't return all her stuff before I go back to Scotland tomorrow.

Obviously I've changed the locks.

Sorry...going a bit off topic here.

Basically she doesn't want to work. She'll find another mug asap.

All sounds like my ex. First thing she said to me was "I love my work" (teacher). First thing she did when we got married - stop working. In the arguments before the divorce (I left after a particularly horrible Xmas) she said, "why should I work like your (2) sisters in law, they are crap jobs anyway" Like most here I think work is an obligation. Of course She took everything she could in a financial settlement via lawyer. Ho ho ho

4 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

All sounds like my ex. First thing she said to me was "I love my work" (teacher). First thing she did when we got married - stop working. In the arguments before the divorce (I left after a particularly horrible Xmas) she said, "why should I work like your (2) sisters in law, they are crap jobs anyway" Like most here I think work is an obligation. Of course She took everything she could in a financial settlement via lawyer. Ho ho ho

Crap.

I've come to think that relationships are just battle grounds.  

When I return back to Cornwall...I'm going to buy a faithful dog. Just me and a dog. Long walks followed by a visit to the local dog friendly pub.

25 minutes ago, uptherebels said:

Your tax, Your tax, Your tax.

8 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

90% of people become a teacher because 1) they dont want to work 2) noone else will employ them.

22 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

My partner moved into my house when I was working in Scotland. I returned to find loads of her stuff in my house. She used my electricity, coal (solid fuel rayburn and woodburner) and eat my food.

Also she is an alcoholic....so I found empty wine bottles everywhere.

And to finish it off...she has threatened to call the police if I don't return all her stuff before I go back to Scotland tomorrow.

Obviously I've changed the locks.

Sorry...going a bit off topic here.

Basically she doesn't want to work. She'll find another mug asap.

You need to regiser it with a police.

Dont expect them to do anything. Just need a paper trail.

A friend's alchi ex moved in with him.

Fck hat was mess to sort out. Lots of money and stress.

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

90% of people become a teacher because 1) they dont want to work 2) noone else will employ them.

Taught on and off for twenty five years in eight different schools and now retired. In all that time I only encountered two duff teachers. The rest were dedicated professional trying to do the best for  young people. 

As a former infantry soldier I often found the teaching tougher than the soldiering apart from the active service bit.

`How you gonna live ?` This was said to me a few weeks ago.

`How come you don`t work but you always have money` This was said to me by the wife a couple of weeks ago.

This is 90% a woman`s problem !

Just now, council dweller said:

`How you gonna live ?` This was said to me a few weeks ago by my sister.

`How come you don`t work but you always have money` This was said to me by the wife a couple of weeks ago.

This is 90% a woman`s problem !

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

All your money.

You like working.

Shes saving for e oension, so shes not totallty feckless.

Sge puts 20ps in a big jar.

Thats not a joke.

7 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Shes saving for e oension, so shes not totallty feckless.

Sge puts 20ps in a big jar.

Thats not a joke.

Does she then go down the amusements, double or quits?

Shes not gambling with her pension....

Once, just once, she earned over the tax free free alliwance.

The thieving givernment took all of money - all of  500/year tax.

That put her off working for life.

I explained that my monthly tax is about 2k.

9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Shes not gambling with her pension....

Once, just once, she earned over the tax free free alliwance.

The thieving givernment took all of money - all of  500/year tax.

That put her off working for life.

I explained that my monthly tax is about 2k.

That's one big problem. There are a lot who like to take out and not put in.  Which is one reason I am so pi$$ed off that my pension age has been put back to 67. Barstewards 

3 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Crap.

I've come to think that relationships are just battle grounds.  

When I return back to Cornwall...I'm going to buy a faithful dog. Just me and a dog. Long walks followed by a visit to the local dog friendly pub.

P*ssy magnet - a dog will attract loads of nutty women.

Then again, last night I spend several hours in a house with several women who kept going on about the sole cat in the house. It was bad enough but the women's broken men all felt the need to join in. What is the cat doing now? Why is she sitting there? Is the cat annoyed? Why is the cat giving us this look? The cat is intelligent? The cat has contempt with us...

Cats are nutty but they also attract nutty women.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

P*ssy magnet - a dog will attract loads of nutty women.

Then again, last night I spend several hours in a house with several women who kept going on about the sole cat in the house. It was bad enough but the women's broken men all felt the need to join in. What is the cat doing now? Why is she sitting there? Is the cat annoyed? Why is the cat giving us this look? The cat is intelligent? The cat has contempt with us...

Cats are nutty but they also attract nutty women.

LSD or mushrooms?

2 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Why don't you rename this The Hating On Women thread.

Do we not already have those?;)

Shit happens. Families argue. There.:mellow: