House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkie

Ring out the old ring in the new.

Carry-On Campanology-ing...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

9 minutes ago, One-percent said:

So are all us sad old feckers on here watching that clip for new year then?

Yup.

Although the DeepLurker household has 2 excuses: 1. We're still dog-tired from the Xmas family get-together 2. The family automobile went "clunk!" the other day and repairing it cost us Eur500.

Oh, who am I kidding? We just couldn't be bothered! :)

1 minute ago, DeepLurker said:

Yup.

Although the DeepLurker household has 2 excuses: 1. We're still dog-tired from the Xmas family get-together 2. The family automobile went "clunk!" the other day and repairing it cost us Eur500.

Oh, who am I kidding? We just couldn't be bothered! :)

:lol:  agree with not being bothered.  Offspring have gone into shorditch to get Dow with the hipsters :rolleyes:  so me and partner are able to fight over the remote and watch what we want for a change.  The downside is that bloody Jules holland will be on 

I'm having a great time having a solo party singing and dancing in the conservatory with the rain pissing on the polycarbonate roof. 

Not particularly because it's new year eve, it's just another day to me, but I'm in the mood for music and dance tonight ?

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm sitting in my apartment, alone, in the middle of a capital city. Same as I did last year. Happy HPC new year!

I'm sitting it out this year, first time since I was 18.  It's an over-hyped night out, nothing more.  Tomorrow morning I'm going for a run with a mate and having a delicious meal with family.  Wouldn't swap it for a night over-priced drinks and over-inflated egos and expectations.

1 minute ago, long time lurking said:

I refuse to pay to drink in a public house when it`s free to enter it the other 364 days 

Pubs seem to have missed the idea that it should be cheaper to drink instead of ramping up prices. They're in a race to the top in a race to the bottom world.

19 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

New Years Eve  always ends the same way with maudlin drunks singing along tunelessly to an incomprehensible ditty written by a Scottish tax collector.

What a way to mark the passing of time.

Doesn't normally end with a massive state funeral.

Well I've just heard a lot of explosions going off.:o

17 hours ago, One-percent said:

:lol:  agree with not being bothered.  Offspring have gone into shorditch to get Dow with the hipsters :rolleyes:  so me and partner are able to fight over the remote and watch what we want for a change.  The downside is that bloody Jules holland will be on 

+100. With a singer called Ruby Turner, and Chaka Khan who looked like god knows what.

Chaka Khan must be ancient now. She may be venerable, like Bede.:huh:

45 minutes ago, juvenal said:

+100. With a singer called Ruby Turner, and Chaka Khan who looked like god knows what.

Was ruby turner the one that looked like Diane Abbott? 

18 hours ago, Reebo said:

Just another day init.

Indeed.

I received a happy new year text today and had to check the date on my watch.

The days have already been getting longer for eleven days; we're well into the new year. This is just an admin date where you have to change your calendar.

2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Was ruby turner the one that looked like Diane Abbott? 

Yes. She didn't always look like that.

5 miles down this morning and now I'm so full if i fell over I'd rock myself to sleep. No hang over in sight. Awesome. 

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes. She didn't always look like that.

Oh. It was pretty poor on jules holland last night. But to be fair, we have lost a good number of excellent musicians this year. There are plenty left but jules didn't seem to be able to get them.  I have heard from someone in the industry that he is an absolute pillock and difficult to work with